Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #11561
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Its an elephant blowing itself. You're welcome.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #11563
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
That's straight sig material right there.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #11564
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Dave, i believe it is your turn for a sig quote update.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #11565
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Its an elephant blowing itself. You're welcome.
I'm so thankful.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #11566
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Well, after trading out with Dave for a nice Grizzly locker, I found out it is the wrong one for my truck. So if anyone has a 1st gen with a V6, and is in the market for a rear Grizzly locker (Similar to a Detroit) then let me know. It's going to be up for sale soon I guess.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #11567
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Here's an electrical gremlin riddle for all y'all. I put my ham radio in the new truck, and temporarily plugged it into the cigarette lighter with a generic adapter that just has 2 terminals on the back for pos and neg wires.

Got nothing. Checked fuses in fuse panel, cig adapter, and power cable for radio. All good.

Get out the multi meter, check cig outlet. 12v. Plug adapter in and check terminals, nothing. Unhook wires. Plug adapter in, check terminals, 12v.

Plugged whole thing into the other car, all works.

It's like as soon as there's any load there's no voltage. I tried just a phone charger in it, and that doesn't work either. Phone charger works fine in the other truck.

There's a fusible link on the back of the outlet that I can't check w/o pulling the dash apart, but I'd think if it were bad I'd get no voltage in ANY scenario.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #11568
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Here's an electrical gremlin riddle for all y'all. I put my ham radio in the new truck, and temporarily plugged it into the cigarette lighter with a generic adapter that just has 2 terminals on the back for pos and neg wires.

Got nothing. Checked fuses in fuse panel, cig adapter, and power cable for radio. All good.

Get out the multi meter, check cig outlet. 12v. Plug adapter in and check terminals, nothing. Unhook wires. Plug adapter in, check terminals, 12v.

It's like as soon as there's any load there's no voltage. I tried just a phone charger in it, and that doesn't work either. Phone charger works fine in the other truck.

There's a fusible link on the back of the outlet that I can't check w/o pulling the dash apart, but I'd think if it were bad I'd get no voltage in ANY scenario.

Any thoughts?
It takes but a single strand of tiny copper wire to have a volt meter read 12v. It takes a bit more wire to actually carry current. I would bite the bullet and take a look at that fusible link.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #11569
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
It takes but a single strand of tiny copper wire to have a volt meter read 12v. It takes a bit more wire to actually carry current. I would bite the bullet and take a look at that fusible link.
what he said. btw, you know your profile says tacomoa right?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #11570
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Any thoughts?
well, im gonna break the news to ya, its a total lost cause. better just go ahead and cut your losses now and when you want me to come over and pick it up to take it away for you just let me know. cant be having a nonworking cig lighter thing.... that wont do, better just get rid of it and ill be a good friend and help you out and come take it off your hands so you don't have to worry about the hassle of driving it down an abandoned road and deserting it.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #11571

btw, why are you running a radio off the 12volt plug anyways?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #11572
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

Any thoughts?
Bill's right. Also, I agree with you - if you blew a fuse, there'd be zero voltage.

You could have dirty cig outlet contacts, that would cause the behavior you're seeing. I don't know about your ham, but my CB will simply shut off with insufficient current. I'd try to shine a flashlight down and see if they're gunky before pulling it apart - well I say "they", I really mean the 12v positive in the middle. If clean, I'd pull apart the outlet and check the connections going to it to make sure there is a good connection.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #11573
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
what he said. btw, you know your profile says tacomoa right?
It does not!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #11574
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
btw, why are you running a radio off the 12volt plug anyways?
Was just temporary until I wire up the blue sea block that I've got for under the passenger seat. I mounted the ham radio during lunch, and didn't have time to run the wires. Going to do that this weekend.

Looks like a new socket is pretty cheap. I think it's probably that fusible link plus gunk down in the socket itself. Probably just replace it and buy a couple of the marine sockets for accessory plugs in a few other places to run off the blue sea block.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #11575

Quote:
Was just temporary until I wire up the blue sea block that I've got for under the passenger seat. I mounted the ham radio during lunch, and didn't have time to run the wires. Going to do that this weekend.

Looks like a new socket is pretty cheap. I think it's probably that fusible link plus gunk down in the socket itself. Probably just replace it and buy a couple of the marine sockets for accessory plugs in a few other places to run off the blue sea block.
uh huh sure...you know thats why you have always had static on tx right?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #11576
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
uh huh sure...you know thats why you have always had static on tx right?
Blahblahblahblah...
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #11577
alexc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Alex
alexc's Tacoma Gallery
Both 12v outlets don't work in my 07. not the fuse...
Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #11578
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Have you searched the forum? How those tires treating ya?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #11579
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc View Post
Both 12v outlets don't work in my 07. not the fuse...
Did you verify that there was power AT the fuse, or did you just visually check the fuse?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #11580
So, my track day is Saturday, and you tech yourself. Went over things like a good boy scout, removed centercaps, OK, great... WTF? That's right, friends, somebody replaced one lug nut on 3 of the wheels with a regular hex nut from home depot or something.

Unless this is a lug nut that is open-faced...? That's a thing, right?

Products Discussed in this Thread