Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama!

Old 09-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #12181
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Sounds like you had a blast. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that tandem jump cost?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #12182
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
199 for the jump and 89 for the video. I wasn't going to get the video, but decided it was worth it once. The place I went to was Alabama skydiving near cullman.

It was well worth it.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #12183
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
I spy none of you Chelsea peeps up here.
Up where? I have been in Louisiana all weekend.

EDIT: idk how the smiley got up there^^^^
Old 09-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #12184
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I was in Chelsea yesterday. Was heading to the Ham. Stopped and ate at the Whataburger on the way back.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #12185
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
So, Bill/Justin/anyone else who knows these things: Miata is all buttoned up, cranks, but I cannot get it to fire. I'm getting one to two sparks on all 4 cylinders. No fuel, plugs are dry. I'm pretty much going to just tow it to the mechanic down the road I think, but looking for a sanity check before I do.

Possible issues are: cam angle sensor is responsible for tach on this car, and it is supposed to tell the ECU that RPMs are above 50, which triggers ignition. I know the CAS is misadjusted because I pulled it to put the engine in, and derped up and didn't mark it. However, it should still start or at least try to start and squirt fuel even then, and just run shitty until I set the timing. I tried the CAS in several different positions, no change. I have tried the CAS from both the new and old engine, no change. Plug to the CAS with the key set to on gets the voltages it should (ground, 12, 5, 5). Ground has continuity to the engine block and ground points.

So I'm running with the assumption that it isn't the CAS, although it's highly under suspicion. I have checked all fuses, even replaced one that was a little grimy looking, no dice. My Ultragauge is able to communicate with the ECU, so I'm not thinking it's dead or anything.

Lastly, I verified the fuel return & supply lines are right by blowing in the return line (and hearing air bubbling in the tank). I still am sure my injectors could be jacked up though, the injectors are those that the 94 came with, so they could easily be messed up. There's a way to make a ghetto noid light to test if they're getting fired?

I would expect at least some of the cylinders to get wet though even if like, one of the injectors were bad for example?

Anyway, any ideas before I give up and let a pro look at it? A guy on the miata forums who is ASE-certified and knows miatas was totally stumped.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #12186
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
are you getting fuel pressure when you turn the key on? I mean to separate issues into two different ones, fuel and spark. unhook your fuel line going into the rail and turn the key with a bucket under the line, should squirt pretty dern fast. that will let you know just how far your fuel is getting. as for the spark lot of things could contribute. is that coil packs or distributor and such? i dont know mazda's period
Old 09-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #12187
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
are you getting fuel pressure when you turn the key on? I mean to separate issues into two different ones, fuel and spark. unhook your fuel line going into the rail and turn the key with a bucket under the line, should squirt pretty dern fast. that will let you know just how far your fuel is getting. as for the spark lot of things could contribute. is that coil packs or distributor and such? i dont know mazda's period
Well the fuel pump is able to get fuel all the way to the return at least, because when I disconnected it it was wet. I think it's down to the injectors not firing. The spark seems normal-ish. Either there's still a CAS problem or I wired something like a tard, methinks.

Whoops, right: miatas have a coil pack.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #12188
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
what color is the spark? blue, white, different color? it will tell you if you have a hot spark or cold believe it or not. may not be applicable but that is how i diagnosed the bad distributor on my old honda. the old hold the plug with the wire by the hand and turn it over trick. i dont think the injectors would just all of a sudden not work. so i am leaning towards wiring issue/harness mess up????
Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #12189
I had a timing light hooked up, and just quickly tested that way, but I could actually retest for spark with the plug out the typical way, I just got lazy. I would probably pursue this route if the plugs were wet, but they're bone dry, I still think spark but no fuel.

I agree on the injectors. I am considering rigging up a ghetto noid light and making sure they're firing. I would not be surprised if I goofed with the wiring, there is a lot to plug in obviously.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #12190
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
have you tried swapping old injectors for new or vice versa? werent the old ones working fine before? maybe try them??
Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #12191
Quote:
have you tried swapping old injectors for new or vice versa? werent the old ones working fine before? maybe try them??
I can't imagine it's the injectors themselves. It could be, but I really, really, really doubt that they would all fail to the point where I'd get 0 fuel at the same time with all 4 of them. To the point that I don't want to go through the hassle of swapping to try them.

The mechanic can't get me in til Friday, so I'm considering trying a noid light and making sure they're getting power. I could totally see a wiring goof causing my symptoms.

Yeah, I think you were right the first time. This is probably a wiring goof.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #12192
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
I was in Chelsea yesterday. Was heading to the Ham. Stopped and ate at the Whataburger on the way back.
I probably wouldn't have been out and about anyways. You passed right by my house though. I live behind the Walgreens and advance
Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #12193
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery

here???? shame shame....
Old 09-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #12194
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ron
REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Well that was fun! It took a lot longer than expected to get those leaves and shocks onto Reefedup's Tacoma. One of the nuts on the right shackle seized up and had to be cut off. Finally got it all together, and even got the BPV bracket installed as well!
It did take a lil longer Bill but I had fun and got some much needed clarence in the rear, for sure. Bama won and we could listen to the game on 10 different stations, if we chose too. The rear suspension is in good shape now and even rides a lil better. I waited til dark and allowed ample break in time and took a ride on one of tracts of land and found a lil washout that had been giving me fits lately. Bill, send me your paypal please and a price on the rear tail light upgrades,especially the reverse lights. Since I'll have to keep using the back up feature(reverse) until I get a real front bumper!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #12195
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

here???? shame shame....
Not working for me... Damn it!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #12196
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
How much you want for the 50% tread? I'm right next door.
I wasn't ignoring you, bud! Haven't had internet service since Friday night and just got home from the country this morning. $ 300 since they have some SLIGHT cupping on the front two but u can barely see it.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #12197

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nobody interested in the hi-lift mounts at all??? hmmmm, im starting to think folks just dont like my stuff
Hellz yeah, if I could mount it on top of TB without knocking my back window out when I opened my TB. I don't have enough bed room as I stands now. lol
Old 09-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #12198
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFDUP View Post
I wasn't ignoring you, bud! Haven't had internet service since Friday night and just got home from the country this morning. $ 300 since they have some SLIGHT cupping on the front two but u can barely see it.
got any picks? especially of the cupping ones
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #12199

Marines:

just got these in!!! Costa Del Mar sunglasses. Fantail 580 green mirror lens with tortuous frame! fricken love them!! now i just need my Maya Mi Costa's.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #12200

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
got any picks? especially of the cupping ones
I could take a bunch of pics but I don't think you could see the cupping. You can hardly see it in person, the BFG's I ranon this truck never cupped bad but after 2 sets of the same tires on the truck I know a lil cupping has started. I'll get a cpl pics later anyway tho.

Products Discussed in this Thread