Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #12341
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Where'd everyone go??
Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #12342
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
OK, gonna ask for a little help here if I can. I am in need of some scrap steel for use with my press. I have been in need of a few jigs and just haven't been able to get up into Birmingham when the metal yards are open. This is what I am looking for: I need 4 to 6 pieces of angle iron. It needs to be thick (20 ton press here) so that I can use it on my press. They can be as short as 2 feet. They can be a single long 8 foot piece, or two 4 foot pieces since I can cut them down. as for other dimensions, I am thinking 2 inch by 2 inch on the 90DEG bend. If anyone has this kind of scrap, or can get it for me, just let me know. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #12343
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ron
REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
I got an old press somewhere at one of the farms up your way, the jack is missing and I'm not sure what ton it is. I'll look around for it if you might could use it for parts, I'm not gonna be pressing anything.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #12344
Super White Taco
Gymmewin is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Gymmewin's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone from alabama interested in a 6" stage two procomp lift kit or a sound system? I'd be willing to meet up half way. I'm located in GA. Click signature for details
Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #12345
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFDUP View Post
I got an old press somewhere at one of the farms up your way, the jack is missing and I'm not sure what ton it is. I'll look around for it if you might could use it for parts, I'm not gonna be pressing anything.
What I really need are adapters and angle iron to use for bearing separations and such. I do appreciate the offer though. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #12346
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
OK, gonna ask for a little help here if I can. I am in need of some scrap steel for use with my press. I have been in need of a few jigs and just haven't been able to get up into Birmingham when the metal yards are open. This is what I am looking for: I need 4 to 6 pieces of angle iron. It needs to be thick (20 ton press here) so that I can use it on my press. They can be as short as 2 feet. They can be a single long 8 foot piece, or two 4 foot pieces since I can cut them down. as for other dimensions, I am thinking 2 inch by 2 inch on the 90DEG bend. If anyone has this kind of scrap, or can get it for me, just let me know. Thanks!
A lot of yards will sell scrap in 2 foot chunks for like a buck a foot. I've got some tube you can have, but it doesn't sound like you need it. Justin seems to be mr. scrap metal.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #12347
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jim,

http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/4120052979.html
Old 10-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #12348
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
A lot of yards will sell scrap in 2 foot chunks for like a buck a foot. I've got some tube you can have, but it doesn't sound like you need it. Justin seems to be mr. scrap metal.
I know they will. The problem is my shop is open 7-5 Monday thru Friday, and 8-2 on Saturdays. I don't have an available time to GO to a scrap yard. lol. That is why I was asking. I'd be willing to pay if someone can just get me some.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #12349
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i would need specifics. exactly what size do you need. like a 2x2x3/8 or 1/2 or what? to give a ballpark it runs about $4 or more a foot for stuff around that size. the biggest "drop" you will find is less than a foot. anything close to a foot or more isnt considered drop and wont be free. but that is the price i would be charged for stuff.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #12350
ASE Master Tech

Thanks. As for specs I am looking for 2" X 2" at 3/16" thickness. I can even do 1/4" thickness. I can work with 12" long pieces. No shorter than that though. If 12" long, then 6 to 8 pieces would be great. I expect to have to pay for them. I know they are not free at that length, but I know they are not expensive either. If you can get them PLEASE let me know. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #12351
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i will have to look and see if we have anything that thin. think the last i looked our smallest was 3/8 in 2x2 angle. i know from my own projects that stuff runs $4.12 a foot so i will let you know when i get a chance to look.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #12352
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
Damn that's literally nicer than my car. Out of my budget though, without wheels and tires.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #12353
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
i will have to look and see if we have anything that thin. think the last i looked our smallest was 3/8 in 2x2 angle. i know from my own projects that stuff runs $4.12 a foot so i will let you know when i get a chance to look.
I was looking at what I have, and 3/8 would work. I can just grind a tiny amount off if I need to. Thanks for taking the time to check things out for me.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #12354
Johnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Owen
Johnsono49's Tacoma Gallery
Trails

Hey guys, just moved down to North AL about a month ago. Trying to find some trails (if any) and seeing what kind meets you guys have planned.

Feel free to PM or reply on here. Thanks

P.S. What's up with the BBQ down here..? Tons of slaw with pickles and mayo but no sauce....?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #12355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsono49 View Post
Hey guys, just moved down to North AL about a month ago. Trying to find some trails (if any) and seeing what kind meets you guys have planned.

P.S. What's up with the BBQ down here..? Tons of slaw with pickles and mayo but no sauce....?
where'd you eat? there's about 80000 restaurants here and lots of different styles. I prefer a kansas/memphis blend myself.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #12356
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsono49 View Post

Welcome to Alabama! We do wheel upon occasion. A lot depends on everyone being able to get time off and such. A common place we wheel besides in Huntsville is a place called Stoney Lonesome in Culman, and The Slab which is just south of Birmingham. Where did you move from?

As for the BBQ, you can find every type here. Plenty of places with the thick or thin sauce, depending on what you like. you just have to ask around the local area. Someone will be able to direct you to the BBQ you want.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #12357
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As for the WOMEN, you can find every type here. Plenty of places with the thick or thin, depending on what you like. you just have to ask around the local area. Someone will be able to direct you to the WOMAN you want.
FTFY
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #12358
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Grr... Finally got the car all running, installed some new shocks, went to firestone for an alignment (lifetime)...

CEL, p0300 Random Misfire. Typically plugs, wires, or the coil pack. I don't know how firestone could have caused it, but appearing after running codeless for a week, after they've touched the car, is awfully weird.

Nevermind, I think somehow getting an alignment got the gap for my crankshaft position sensor out, which explains why the engine runs great... Woohoo!

Aren't old beaters fun?
Old 10-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #12359
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac424205 View Post
FTFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Grr... Finally got the car all running, installed some new shocks, went to firestone for an alignment (lifetime)...

CEL, p0300 Random Misfire. Typically plugs, wires, or the coil pack. I don't know how firestone could have caused it, but appearing after running codeless for a week, after they've touched the car, is awfully weird.

Nevermind, I think somehow getting an alignment got the gap for my crankshaft position sensor out, which explains why the engine runs great... Woohoo!

Aren't old beaters fun?
lmao....When you talk old beaters, I think 1960s. Damn I am gettin old...
Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #12360
Quote:

lmao....When you talk old beaters, I think 1960s. Damn I am gettin old...
Those are old classics.

Products Discussed in this Thread