Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

OBX run July 17-19

View Poll Results: Attendence???
Fo Sho!!! 6 21.43%
Maybe 22 78.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #41
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
Better get going! 8-9 hrs, oooof! Im in DC and it only takes me about 5.
my moms coworker went up this weekend and it took him 10 hours and $400 in gas- he was probaly getting 5mpg though, he has a big ass chevy and towing a 30+' boat
Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #42
Banned
Munky is on a distinguished road
Navy: Active 2002 - present
Name: Beau
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Munky Send a message via Yahoo to Munky
i can make it to Kitty Hawk in the Taco in like 1/3 of a tank, in the 86 p/u in less than 1/8 depending on my PSI
Old 06-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #43
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
Better get going! 8-9 hrs, oooof! Im in DC and it only takes me about 5.
takes me 5 and i'm already in NC and not that far away....i got to DC in 5 the other week
Old 06-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #44
Banned
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Lol
Old 06-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #47
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
The cameraman was pooping. I wish I had pics.

As far as camping on the beach goes. The park website says no camping but if there are loopholes I stand corrected

Oh and Jamie, you bringing family this time?
Well, I am going by heresay from several folks but I like to think it is true
Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #48
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm leaving this Sunday for OBX and staying until the following Sunday. I put maybe on this trip because we go SEVERAL times a year - I know I'll get some wheelin' done at Corolla this next week because it's a pretty long sand ride up to see the horses - the kids love the ride up as well - just watch those puddles, one is 6" deep and the next one's 36" deep LOL

FYI:

http://www.outerbanksguidebook.com/horses2.htm

http://www.outerbanksguidebook.com/horses3.htm
Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #49
eagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedeagleswarrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed
eagleswarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Well I guess now what we have to figure out is where exactly we want to go...We could go up to Corolla, Okrakoke, Hatteras, any ideas or suggestions?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #50
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i dont think there's any place to camp up the corolla end. too many yuppies and rental houses. best bet would be down south
Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #52
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

My vote goes for Hatteras, since like luni said earlier it would more than likely be packed at okrakoke
Old 06-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #53
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i dont think there's any place to camp up the corolla end. too many yuppies and rental houses. best bet would be down south
X2 - Take a ride through Duck and you'll see that too....

Ya know, ya just can't go wrong with saying "south is better"

LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasn8dave View Post

Ya know, ya just can't go wrong with saying "south is better"

LOL
Amen brotha, hey is that orgeon inlet you are at in your profile pic?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #55
Banned
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
talking with one of the guys at work today, he said that most of the SouthSide is closed to driving due to tree huggers and such. You can camp right on the beach in Corolla
Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #56
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
talking with one of the guys at work today, he said that most of the SouthSide is closed to driving due to tree huggers and such. You can camp right on the beach in Corolla
if we dont go to corolla how long of a drive do you think, b/c i would drive over there to camp instead of illegaly sleeping on the beach
Old 06-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #57
Banned
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
if we dont go to corolla how long of a drive do you think, b/c i would drive over there to camp instead of illegaly sleeping on the beach
roughly 2 hrs from south OBX to Corolla
Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #58
Quote:
roughly 2 hrs from south OBX to Corolla
dang thats a long drive...maybe ill try the sleeping with a fishing pole up first lol
Old 06-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #59
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:

i've never seen anyone camping on the beach road above corolla. i'll be back in corolla in a lil over a week and i'll ask around while i'm there
Old 06-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #60
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
trying to see if the mountain trip in VA is going down and how many people are coming, i def. go to one or the other