Notices

OBX run July 17-19

View Poll Results: Attendence???
Fo Sho!!! 6 21.43%
Maybe 22 78.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
OBX run July 17-19

Looking for all the info people have to make this another good trip. I think we're looking to be on the south end of OBX, but somewhere to drive on the beach, fish, and possibly camp. Lemme know what you guys think!

EDIT: if anyone is wanting to camp w/ a group, we need to know a definate number by at least a week out. RHT will be fronting camp fees if there are any...and food again i guess for all that WANT it(chad), we just need to know the exact numbers to get the money flowing. so please have me some definate answers a week out...if later than that, anyone can still come, just might not be paid for in advance by RHT
Old 06-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
bigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud of
Name: mike
bigyetti's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to but weekends are bad for me . restaurant buisnes sucks sometimes. ill try to go
Old 06-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i posted maybe.....not quite positive that i'll be able to make it or not yet.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
I posted yes but now I don't know. Trying to go to New Hampster in August.

This is what Ocracoke looked like on Thursday. Gives you an idea of the campsite.

No way you're going to grab campsites dune side by side but maybe inside. And mosquitoes were fucking ridiculous.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i can go but it will just be me and maybe a friend, what all do i need also do i need to pay
Old 06-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure ill be down in that area for the summer, if i am and im not working im in. ill know for sure in a few weeks
Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to, but I think that me and my GF and some of our friends are going to OBX on the 25th if July! And if thats true then I want be able to make it!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #13
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
just down there recently at corolla then around ramp 30 past rodanthe. Were you thinking about hatteras proper or some of the ramps after rodanthe? Ocracoke would be awesome though
Old 06-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #14
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTycoon View Post
just down there recently at corolla then around ramp 30 past rodanthe. Were you thinking about hatteras proper or some of the ramps after rodanthe? Ocracoke would be awesome though
Ocracoke is gonna be packed and there won't be a good place to camp a bunch of trucks. But if you double back towards the Hatteras ferry instead of staying near town the beach clears out. Mosquitos at the campsite will be crazy. You'll get bit before you put on bug spray, after you shower, and between the ocean and your bug spray. We killed an entire can of Deep Woods Off in half a day between 6 people.

Oh and South Point is blocked off for protected sea animals. No access at all. But I did make $20 pulling an expedition off the beach.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #15
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I have never been to a campsite where the bugs were good haha. I can't keep up with the changing closures and openings of the ramps and its beginning to tick me off, hopefully ncbba or some similar organization can fight back
Old 06-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
son of a b............ i just came back from there last saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun

lucky 12 grille milepost 12 .........highly recommended.............
Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'll be there from 20-27 june too...but up in corolla. if anyone has some real details (*ahem chad and andy*) let me know so i can get the shit rolling down hill. i've never been down south in OBX, so i have no idea. we'd need a good place for the majority of us to camp, able to fish relatively close, and thats about it i think. even if we needed to, i think something close like a KOA would be fine
Old 06-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i just want to go and chill, are you allowed to sleep in your truck or camp on the beach
Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #19

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
i just want to go and chill, are you allowed to sleep in your truck or camp on the beach
No camping on the beach unless you're on the core banks.

Oh and PDopy, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...tml#post663878
Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
Banned
Munky is on a distinguished road
Navy: Active 2002 - present
Name: Beau
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Munky Send a message via Yahoo to Munky
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
No camping on the beach unless you're on the core banks.

Oh and PDopy, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...tml#post663878

Not true you can camp on Cornova "Corolla" Beach, i personally have not but a few of my buddies have a couple of times. I live in Va Bch and its only about 2 hrs away for me. Oregon Inlet is close to 200 yards or so of driving due to "birds" or some tree hugger crap like that. Have not been to the other beaches. Cornova i have been to a few times, you just have to be careful due to the fact that Wild Horses do roam the Beach. Back in April one of the horses was found dead on the beach. Every so often some asshole that doesnt know what the hell they are doing goes down and does something stupid that makes the Officials down there want to close off access. Luckily though they have not done so. The beach road is roughly 10.5 miles long of sand.