Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Good places for light off-road in Central NC?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Good places for light off-road in Central NC?

To start, I have a '09 DC LB TRD Sport 4x2 so I'm not looking for mud bogs or real crawling places... I'd just get stuck

I'm looking for some place to go with my 4 year old daughter that has trails or that's flat enough where we can just enjoy not being on a road for a while. I've seen info on Uwharrie but based on pictures I've seen most of the areas there look like more than I'm willing to tackle solo armed only with Auto-LSD. Granted, people usually only post their "cool" pics so maybe I'm not seeing the tamer stuff that might be there.

We did some of the beach areas in OBX (well-packed spots before it turns to essentially powdered sugar!) which was fun but would like something a bit closer to home.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
It's a little bit of a drive but have you ever been to pisgah nat. forest? They have a some what dirt road that's forever long that goes through the mountains.Where are you at in NC?

I'm in Fuquay Varina, just SW of Raleigh so that's a pretty good drive for me. Even still, it looks pretty interesting. We may have to make a weekend trip out of it come spring time.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
check out the uwharrie natl. forest...in troy,nc. there are a couple "light" trails there. we just had our tacoma meet there a few weeks back. we'll have another in the spring.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
check out the uwharrie natl. forest...in troy,nc. there are a couple "light" trails there. we just had our tacoma meet there a few weeks back. we'll have another in the spring.

Yeah, I wanted to go to the most recent meet but my Mother-in-law was in town. I know that's probably a good excuse why I should have gone but I think she'd be even more pissed at me than usual if I packed our daughter up and disappeared on the trails for two days of her 5 day trip!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurpeeBlueMetallic View Post
Yeah, I wanted to go to the most recent meet but my Mother-in-law was in town. I know that's probably a good excuse why I should have gone but I think she'd be even more pissed at me than usual if I packed our daughter up and disappeared on the trails for two days of her 5 day trip!

yeah.....some things man......you just gotta grin and bare it!!