Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Dawson Forest, Dawsonville.(GA)

Old 12-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dawson Forest, Dawsonville.(GA)

Anyone been to this trail?
I just came back and I must say, that place is creepy as hell. I tried to go to the Salem Church but it was blocked off. We saw the nuclear reactors which was pretty cool.

It was all fun until the engine check light turned on and the temperature went all the way up and i thought it was antifreeze but he told me it wasnt, kept boiling and spitting out. It was a milky substance.

We had to wait in TOTAL darkness for an hour. And my mind kept playing tricks on me and made me almost freak out.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
waltonhockey17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
waltonhockey17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
Anyone been to this trail?
I just came back and I must say, that place is creepy as hell. I tried to go to the Salem Church but it was blocked off. We saw the nuclear reactors which was pretty cool.

It was all fun until the engine check light turned on and the temperature went all the way up and i thought it was antifreeze but he told me it wasnt, kept boiling and spitting out. It was a milky substance.

We had to wait in TOTAL darkness for an hour. And my mind kept playing tricks on me and made me almost freak out.
kinda want to check it out. is it mud or rocks?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
I think you need to change ur name to NoBawlzTaco

LOL. BTW What caused with the over heating issue

It was pretty scary man, no lie.
No lights, no nothing.
All we had was a crowbar and a little puny flashlight.

The overheating issue I am not sure. I think he overreved it or something. We lifted up the hood and all this milky buttery substance was everywhere.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltonhockey17 View Post
kinda want to check it out. is it mud or rocks?
Just dirt roads. ALOT of different roads. Few climbs, a good bit of mud. A little of everything.

And especially the fact some girl got her head cut off there and the head was nailed to a tree.

That kinda added onto the scariness of it.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Dawsonville is supposed to be very haunted, there was a gold rush up there and a lot of native americans got slaughtered. I used to live in Dahlonega, which is like right next door. I can't lie man, it's one of the creepiest places on Earth.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
Dawsonville is supposed to be very haunted, there was a gold rush up there and a lot of native americans got slaughtered. I used to live in Dahlonega, which is like right next door. I can't lie man, it's one of the creepiest places on Earth.
You're tellin me.
First time there and our engine overheats and we're left powerless.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Just leave some tobacco for the Indians as a peace offering and most likely the won't kill you.

That place is beautiful during the day though.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a place in dawson forest that is haunted or did it just seem creepy I might have to go check that out since its close to home.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
Is there a place in dawson forest that is haunted or did it just seem creepy I might have to go check that out since its close to home.
Yessir, Salem Church.
Sometimes it's blocked, sometimes its not.

Story is, if you look into the church at night and look at the altar, you see 2 red eyes peering back at you.
Hear voices and feel things.

I say go at night. Don't go alone, you'll have a mental breakdown.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
Just dirt roads. ALOT of different roads. Few climbs, a good bit of mud. A little of everything.

And especially the fact some girl got her head cut off there and the head was nailed to a tree.

That kinda added onto the scariness of it.
alright i might check it out this month. can you give me some directions.
and did you go through this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKKAR4tlkKc
Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
directions would be nice, im always looking for places to go here in North Georgia
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
Sounds like a head gasket. If this place is as creepy as ya'll say it is then lets make a meet out of it and camp out beside the church or something .[/quote]

K but im bringing my shotgun
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Sounds like a head gasket. If this place is as creepy as ya'll say it is then lets make a meet out of it and camp out beside the church or something .
K but im bringing my shotgun[/quote]

Lol, I was in the passengers seat and I was like, dude, what're you doing, why did we stop here? That's the stump to the tree that the girls head got nailed to fucking isnt it??
And all he said was, dude this is not good. Wanna hold my crowbar? Dont know how much use it is to an angry dead spirit, but its one helluva shot.

Anyway, I dont exactly know what caused it but he blew his radiator, the engine thermometer, few hose lines, and the catalic converter.

Here's his pathfinder. Only lifted up to date pathfinder i've seen on the road.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #14

[/quote]

Sounds like a head gasket. If this place is as creepy as ya'll say it is then lets make a meet out of it and camp out beside the church or something .[/quote]

Or the cemetary.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #15

Quote:
alright i might check it out this month. can you give me some directions.
and did you go through this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKKAR4tlkKc

No sir, it was pretty dry when we went.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #16
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
hey waltonhockey17 you play roller hockey right> i think have seen your truck at the ymca before. idk... can we get directions?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #17

http://www.gfc.state.ga.us/forestmanagement/dawson.cfm

Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
hey waltonhockey17 you play roller hockey right> i think have seen your truck at the ymca before. idk... can we get directions?
ya thats me. do you have a black taco?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #19
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
yea that me, dude i love your truck, love the red color. you know any good places to go since where kind of in the same area?

just loooked at that web page and it says : "c. No ATV or off-road vehicle use is allowed. Vehicles are restricted to open roads only."

????? wheres the entrance you went in, gps # would work if you saved the location.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
yea that me, dude i love your truck, love the red color. you know any good places to go since where kind of in the same area?

just loooked at that web page and it says : "c. No ATV or off-road vehicle use is allowed. Vehicles are restricted to open roads only."

????? wheres the entrance you went in, gps # would work if you saved the location.

Thanks yours is sick to. you actually yelled across the parking lot and asked what kind of lift i have on it.(might not remember was like a year ago) as far as offroad places i only know fullers park is just like straight up mud easy to get stuck but i went there for the first time and cracked my windshield. but maybe we could meet up sometime at this dawson place, only thing is i have a prerunner and no locker but it still gets through everything