Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Virginia Beach residents, what do you do for fun?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Virginia Beach residents, what do you do for fun?

Going to my cousins wedding in VA Beach from May 19th-23rd, wedding is on the 22nd, so I'll have plenty of free time.

Where do I go for some nightlife and daytime attractions?

I've been to Richmond a few times, and I've already done the Kings Dominion thing.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Might be worth taking the drive to DC. It's really pretty in May.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Is there fun in VB?

Outer Banks are 90 miles south. That's all I've found this year.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Is there fun in VB?

Outer Banks are 90 miles south. That's all I've found this year.
X2...

If you're in to trap and skeet, theres a range at NAS Oceana you can go to. There's the boardwalk you can go to that's not all too bad, and theres Busch Gardens not too far away if you want to do that.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Been to DC a few times.

I'll be seeing my parents for the first time in 4 years, and I know I'll need to escape.

Mostly, I just drink. So, any good bars at least?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Having fun in this God awful state??? I have never had any damn fun here.

Thank God Nc here we come in two weeks.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Having fun in this God awful state??? I have never had any damn fun here.

Thank God Nc here we come in two weeks.
Atleast we have open carry.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
If memory serves right, the oceanfront in VB is alot of tourist type bars, they tried to aim for the san diego feel and fell flat. Chix beach is pretty decent, about the only two great bars I remember are Lunasea and crocs, you'll be there for the start of summer fesivities, normally there are concerts there everyweekend or so. If you get a chance, check out jesse chong, the dude is a korean rastafarian, epic good musician though. also, dont mind the jet noise...
Old 05-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #11
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menametony View Post
do you dance also?
Hell no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
If memory serves right, the oceanfront in VB is alot of tourist type bars, they tried to aim for the san diego feel and fell flat. Chix beach is pretty decent, about the only two great bars I remember are Lunasea and crocs, you'll be there for the start of summer fesivities, normally there are concerts there everyweekend or so. If you get a chance, check out jesse chong, the dude is a korean rastafarian, epic good musician though. also, dont mind the jet noise...

So I'm guessing I have to go inland to get away from the tourists like myself?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
you'll never get away from them. Same goes for sailors. Bush gardens is up in Williamsburg, decent fun. If your a history nerd, the historic triangle is pretty cool. Colonial williamsburg, jamestown settlement and yorktown are all about an hour north. If you can get a vehicle, I'd say hit up DC (take the metro into the city.) or head south and check out the outer banks.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
you'll never get away from them. Same goes for sailors. Bush gardens is up in Williamsburg, decent fun. If your a history nerd, the historic triangle is pretty cool. Colonial williamsburg, jamestown settlement and yorktown are all about an hour north. If you can get a vehicle, I'd say hit up DC (take the metro into the city.) or head south and check out the outer banks.
I've literally done all of those things in high school lol

Guess I'm stuck with family that I have nothing in common with. haha
Old 05-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
One place you gotta go to is the Surfrider restaurant... Awesome stuff and has a bar too...
Old 05-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #15
Mob parking lots.

Virginia Beach, you become my place of drunken fortitude tomorrow. See you then.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #16
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
I'm up here for training and we all went out on the strip to do some drinking before things got too grueling back on base...I ended up with a $150 bar tab and a shit load of pissed of British sailors...don't open bar tabs.

Gasby Theatre was nice though. Definitely not a club person but the bar tenders awesome...Irish pub was a couple shops down too...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #17
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Going to my cousins wedding in VA Beach from May 19th-23rd, wedding is on the 22nd, so I'll have plenty of free time.

Where do I go for some nightlife and daytime attractions?

I've been to Richmond a few times, and I've already done the Kings Dominion thing.
not sure how I missed this thread but a rule of thumb applies to the Hampton Roads residents and good things to do....there isn't anything to do
j/p

I know of a great italian resturant, Bella Monte on Laskin Road. I highly recommend it.
Williamsburg is also an interesting day trip. You'll notice they serve a lot of pancakes up there.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #18
757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
757southpaw's Tacoma Gallery
Geez...all these Hampton Roads haters. The only thing wrong with this State is that it's a Commonwealth. There is all kinds of stuff to do!!!

Here's something you can do while here bro http://www.vbmotorworld.com/
Old 05-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #19
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man, good luck finding fun there. lol. jk. Dont go to peabodys, lol. There's the beach, theres an indoor carting track there which is fun. But then again I didnt really go and see a whole lot due to the fact I was stuck on base most the time. lol. But there's fun out there, you just gotta find it.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #20
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a ton of bars and restauraunts not to mention the beach and boardwalk