Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

ToyTec Ultimate kit install help in Pee Dee (SC)

Old 06-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Question ToyTec Ultimate kit install help in Pee Dee (SC)

Have cooler, will travel. Who has installed this before and/or is otherwise confident enough and by god willing to help me install this kit?

My back-ordered front shocks are coming in this Friday. The other parts are still packaged up waiting in my garage. I can't wait to get it installed.

I have never done anything like this, but I want to do most of the work. I'll just need someone with time and patience to help me out.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Just a heads up, you're going to need a need a spring compressor, which is fairly hard to find other than at a shop.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
Just a heads up, you're going to need a need a spring compressor, which is fairly hard to find other than at a shop.
Cool, thanks for that. I'll see if I can maybe rent one in case I need to bring it to the install party
Old 06-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
I can get one delivered 'next day' from Amazon for $3.99 if I need to. My local auto parts store would 'rent' me one for $49, when I can OWN one for less!
just fyi and for your own safety, call around to shops and let them do the shocks for you. I know it's cash out of your pocket, but to me, it was my fingers/hands which are part of my job, and help pay the bills. Your hands are worth at least $50 aren't they?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
on idiot patrol ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
just fyi and for your own safety, call around to shops and let them do the shocks for you. I know it's cash out of your pocket, but to me, it was my fingers/hands which are part of my job, and help pay the bills. Your hands are worth at least $50 aren't they?
Unfortunately, if I remember it correctly, I need to use the top plate from my current suspension; the kit didn't come with one. I wish I could have my shocks pre-assembled.

I won't be doing anything that I think cannot be done safely. That's another reason I'm looking for someone who knows what they're doing.