Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Raleigh Meets

Old 07-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
look for the front CVs for 4x4 and either the button on the dash for the locker or the electronic device connected to the front of the pumpkin, near the driveshaft
Old 07-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #22
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
I'll watch for upcoming posts about local mod days... I'm interested in pitching in to both help and learn a bit. If anyone in the area is looking to install front 5100s and needs a hand, let me know... I've done mine 3x now so I'm pretty practiced
Old 07-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
Taco Lantern
Altonymous is on a distinguished road
Altonymous's Tacoma Gallery
Hey if you guys don't mind keep your eyes open for a used Taco for me. I'm scouring the web and wouldn't mind a few other eyes looking out for me.

Here's my short list...

Double Cab
4x4
TRD Off-Road
Towing Package
Black, Dark Green, Dark Blue

Trying to stay under $15,000.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #24
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
By "Dark Green" do you mean Timberland Mica? If so I don't think you are going to find an 09+ for under 15k. Good luck on the purchase though.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #25
Taco Lantern
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
By "Dark Green" do you mean Timberland Mica? If so I don't think you are going to find an 09+ for under 15k. Good luck on the purchase though.
I wasn't sure if other years offered the Darker Green as well. If it's only 09+ then I guess just the other colors apply.

Although I like that Dark Green enough I'd probably buy new, but nobody around here has one. Searched for 2010 Timberland Mica from VA all the way down to GA with no luck.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #26
Taco Lantern
Well I closed the deal on my Taco today...

My son got a picture before the down pour started, but this is the only one and it's an iPhone picture. I think it's an awesome shot for a 5 year old!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #28
Taco Lantern
Thank you much guys... Now I just need to learn how to drive it! It's a pretty big shift for me from Rally to Off-Roading. I'm not to proud to ask for help though. Hopefully, I'll only be laughed at when the kids aren't around.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
When is the fall meet?? I hope to have my new truck by then and then I can come down and ride with you guys!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #30
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonymous View Post
Thank you much guys... Now I just need to learn how to drive it! It's a pretty big shift for me from Rally to Off-Roading. I'm not to proud to ask for help though. Hopefully, I'll only be laughed at when the kids aren't around.

keep a watch on the southeast forum...as im planning another mod day at my place in York,SC.......soon to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
When is the fall meet?? I hope to have my new truck by then and then I can come down and ride with you guys!
it'll prolly be in october sometime.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #31
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
how much is a case of ribs?? How many racks is in a case?
im not sure man......i usually just buy 3 racks.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #32
Taco Lantern
Make it the 24th-25th or 31st-1st. I already have off work then and don't mind cutting my trip a bit short to learn a few tricks!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #33
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm new here figured I'd introduce myself before I start asking for help. I'm married and a father of 3 boys 6 and under. I currently drive a 2008 Evo X and plan on trading it in at Fred Anderson Toyota this weekend for a Taco Dbl Cab w/ TRD package. I've come to the realization that there are a ton of things I enjoyed doing with my dad growing up, fishing, camping, off-roading, etc... I want to give my kids the same enjoyment, thus the reason I am trading in the Evo.

I'm very new to the truck scene and don't know a lot about what options to get. The main reason I picked the TRD package was so I could take some trips up to URE and feel a little more confident when I go. I doubt I'll need it, E-locker, much until I get braver but at least this way it'll be there.

Feel free to shoot me links, advice, warnings; I won't take offense to any of it!
I just bought from Fred Anderson, they are awesome to work with.. They went out and found the truck I wanted within two days and had it there two days later. Worked with Mike Lee, great guy. Hope your purchase goes well.

But otherwise, I would love to meet some Raleigh Taco owners to help aid me through the beginnings of my mods.

I have been a Jeep guy for the past 3 years and could use some help when it comes to my new TRD Sport.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #34
Taco Lantern
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye12 View Post
I just bought from Fred Anderson, they are awesome to work with.. They went out and found the truck I wanted within two days and had it there two days later. Worked with Mike Lee, great guy. Hope your purchase goes well.

But otherwise, I would love to meet some Raleigh Taco owners to help aid me through the beginnings of my mods.

I have been a Jeep guy for the past 3 years and could use some help when it comes to my new TRD Sport.
I found the truck I wanted at Cox. I got saddled with a bad salesman at Fred Anderson, and he really didn't want my business.

You can see the one and only picture taken by my 5 yo on my gallerypage or in my other posts.

I'm new to the 4x4 scene myself, so you're in good company. You'll be a rock star compared to me!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #35
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I can offer one word of advise, it is, armor armor armor
I can offer the same advice.. the first time I wheeled my Jeep I ended up with a broken rear driveshaft. you gotta set yourself up before you take it on the trais... whats underneath is more important than how high your sittin i would say.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #36
Taco Lantern
Quote:
If I can offer one word of advise, it is, armor armor armor
Are you talking about under body armor?

The only protection I've got is a factory skid plate.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:23 AM   #37
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye12 View Post
I just bought from Fred Anderson, they are awesome to work with..
Just wait until you have to deal with the absolute morons in their service department!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #38
dingchavez24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
dingchavez24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
Just wait until you have to deal with the absolute morons in their service department!
Yeah... I lived in Raleigh, right down the road from Fred's actually for several years and that place gave me the heebejebee's! I worked with their several different sales guys over several months and was not impressed by any means... Not to mention their prices were RIDICULOUS!

P.S. The white-hair'd Fred commercials on TV are just creepy-evil!

-To each his own!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #39
Taco Lantern
Quote:
Yes, if you plan to offroad, your first 2 mods should be sliders and skids. And good skids like Armor tech or Budbuilts.
Thanks for the advice man. I'm going to see if I can't do some research on these things you mention. I don't know what to look for specifically, but I'm sure Google will get me headed in the right direction.

My buddy wants me to go with him this Sunday, I'll have less than 500 miles on the truck by then, and I'm hoping that I won't do anything to it. I plan to take it extremely easy and not try to much stuff. For me it'll pop my off-road cherry and that's good enough. Hopefully it won't be too painful.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #40

Quote:
Thanks for the advice man. I'm going to see if I can't do some research on these things you mention. I don't know what to look for specifically, but I'm sure Google will get me headed in the right direction.

My buddy wants me to go with him this Sunday, I'll have less than 500 miles on the truck by then, and I'm hoping that I won't do anything to it. I plan to take it extremely easy and not try to much stuff. For me it'll pop my off-road cherry and that's good enough. Hopefully it won't be too painful.
budbuilt makes some of the beefiest sjids around...and he's located in lenoir,nc. check out bud-built.com