Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Raleigh Meets

Old 06-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
Raleigh Meets

Are there ever Raleigh meets, or Raleigh area meets?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im planning another mod day pretty soon........at my house/garage in SC. i know its a bit of a ride....but we usually have a pretty good time.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Most of my family lives in Raleigh and a few in Chapel Hill, I should make it out to one of these if you guys get a good group going.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
im gonna see this time how many want ribs and see if folks can chip in a lil bit on them.

to the op.......uwharrie is a damned good time as well........trail riding...fishing.....camping........and drinking some good cold beers.....and telling campfire stories....nothin better imo.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Road Trip!!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!! Come out to the Fall meet!!

x2

1337, we normally have 10+ vehicles and a couple trips we've had around 20. i would expect the fall meet to have quite a few more than this meet next week
Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe. How far is the meet in SC away from Raleigh, NC?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Maybe. How far is the meet in SC away from Raleigh, NC?
the wheeling meets are in NC....a few hours from Raleigh

EDIT: just under 2 hours says google maps
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=10
Old 06-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
Duff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to behold
Marines: Ammunition Technician, Marine Corps Security Force Regiment
Name: Sean
Duff Man's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Duff Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
Yeah man we're having a URE meet this coming weekend (2-4). You should come out

I just so happen to have those exact days off for the holiday period, before I go on ship. Any details on the meet? I might just have to show up to that one
Old 07-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #10
Taco Lantern
Altonymous is on a distinguished road
Altonymous's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

I'm new here figured I'd introduce myself before I start asking for help. I'm married and a father of 3 boys 6 and under. I currently drive a 2008 Evo X and plan on trading it in at Fred Anderson Toyota this weekend for a Taco Dbl Cab w/ TRD package. I've come to the realization that there are a ton of things I enjoyed doing with my dad growing up, fishing, camping, off-roading, etc... I want to give my kids the same enjoyment, thus the reason I am trading in the Evo.

I'm very new to the truck scene and don't know a lot about what options to get. The main reason I picked the TRD package was so I could take some trips up to URE and feel a little more confident when I go. I doubt I'll need it, E-locker, much until I get braver but at least this way it'll be there.

Feel free to shoot me links, advice, warnings; I won't take offense to any of it!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 AM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

^^ if you are wanting the locker, make sure you get the TRD offroad and not the TRD sport
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #12
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
mom goes out of town soon...might have a mod day in july/august (hint hint)
Old 07-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
Taco Lantern
2 questions...

1. What is "mod" day? Everyone gets together to help someone modify their truck? Showing off modifications? Something else?

2. Manual or Auto for 4x4.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonymous View Post
2 questions...

1. What is "mod" day? Everyone gets together to help someone modify their truck? Showing off modifications? Something else?

welcome to tw buddy!! the carolinas got tw on lock! haha

mod day.....you got it.....we do stuff folks are wanting to do....lifts/brakes/timing belts and water pumps/fluid changes....etc. always a good time.

for your 2nd question......im too lazy for a 6 speed...but thats just me. its what you like to drive....but i do think the auto's in the 2nd gens are a lil quicker than the 6 speeds.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2 questions...

1. Yeah you got it right. Meet and greet, work on vehicles.

2. Personal preference. I have an auto trans because I didn't like how much the manual reminded me of my jeep. If I could do it all over again I would get a manual and just the SR5 package instead of the TRD package. I plan on putting in a rear air locker in my sport when I get back next year. How old are your boys? I have a 3yr old and 1yr old.

and welcome to TW.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
Taco Lantern
One will be 6 in Aug, the second just turned 4 in Mar, and the youngest is 11 months. They are really looking forward to me getting a truck. My oldest said he didn't want to go to his friends birthday party because he wanted to go with me to get a truck. This is a BIRTHDAY PARTY AT A POOL! That's how excited he is.

I'm really torn between the manual and auto. I always enjoy driving manuals, but I'm not sure how well I'd do when off-roading. I've been driving manuals my entire life, but I've never done any off-roading in a manual.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #17
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
One will be 6 in Aug, the second just turned 4 in Mar, and the youngest is 11 months. They are really looking forward to me getting a truck. My oldest said he didn't want to go to his friends birthday party because he wanted to go with me to get a truck. This is a BIRTHDAY PARTY AT A POOL! That's how excited he is.

I'm really torn between the manual and auto. I always enjoy driving manuals, but I'm not sure how well I'd do when off-roading. I've been driving manuals my entire life, but I've never done any off-roading in a manual.
i like manuals but autos are a ton more conveinent
Old 07-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #18
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah my oldest throws a fit when he doesn't ride in my Tacoma.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #19
Taco Lantern
I'm thinking about going used, but since I'm a novice to Tacoma's I'm not sure what to watch out for.

I was wondering, is there an easy way to tell if a truck is 4x4 and if it has the e-locker from the outside? Primarily through pictures.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm thinking about going used, but since I'm a novice to Tacoma's I'm not sure what to watch out for.

I was wondering, is there an easy way to tell if a truck is 4x4 and if it has the e-locker from the outside? Primarily through pictures.
The e-locker comes with the TRD off-road, and the only way you can tell is if they left the 4x4 rear mudflaps on. You can also see these by looking at the dash and the buttons that engage these.