Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Brown Mountain, NC. Good or Bad?

Old 06-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Brown Mountain, NC. Good or Bad?

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_3f30.htm

anyone been here?

If so how was it?

How much Money?

How many 4x4 trails?

How difficult?

Is there a place for tent camping?

Thanksssss
Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
damn an ATV!!!! lol

the site you linked says $5 camping for a tent and $5 for the rider for the trails. doesnt look like any truck trails if that's what you were wanting
Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
i think there are truck trails. check this PDF out http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreat...untain_orv.pdf
Old 06-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #5

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
and this video shows some jeeps wheelin there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOD2XJu6j_o
Old 06-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #6

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
It looks like trails 1 and 8 are the only ones that trucks are allowed on.
Yeah i think so. I wish this place had more info.. Anyone been there...
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

only 2 4wd trails and 1 is .8 miles.....damn that. i'll stick w/ URE
Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #8

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
only 2 4wd trails and 1 is .8 miles.....damn that. i'll stick w/ URE
My friends that wheel up there say its tough and rocky. They say its mostly for jeeps. is that true?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

we've been to URE as a group going on 6 times...some of us go more than other....*larry*....the toughest spots have bypasses. it is rocky, but we've taken stock 2wd tacos through there...w/ minimal damage. the trails are pretty tight in spots though, so depending on exactly how much wider that f150 is compared to the taco's would make a difference. there are many trails w/ varying difficulties and all.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #10

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we've been to URE as a group going on 6 times...some of us go more than other....*larry*....the toughest spots have bypasses. it is rocky, but we've taken stock 2wd tacos through there...w/ minimal damage. the trails are pretty tight in spots though, so depending on exactly how much wider that f150 is compared to the taco's would make a difference. there are many trails w/ varying difficulties and all.

Not to much wider. And minimal damage such as? Maybe if you guys go there again ill come
Old 06-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Murphy View Post
Not to much wider. And minimal damage such as? Maybe if you guys go there again ill come
this weekend!!!

one guy ripped off a step bar from a stock height 1st gen....another took a rock shot underneath and dented some stuff in a stock 2nd gen...
Old 06-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #12

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this weekend!!!

one guy ripped off a step bar from a stock height 1st gen....another took a rock shot underneath and dented some stuff in a stock 2nd gen...
damn ill be in virginia. will you guys go again this summer u think?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
damn ill be in virginia. will you guys go again this summer u think?
next descent one will be fall sometime as this group. prolly october
Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #14

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
next descent one will be fall sometime as this group. prolly october
Hmm ill be in college at ASU. Maybe ill be close.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #15

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post

I live 20 min away, let me know went you wanna go, if I can make it, I will show you around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Could you go in august?
Old 07-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I've been camping at brown mountain several times but never rode there. My friends have ridden atv's there a lot though. It's only like 20-25 minutes from my house. In all honesty idk if you could fit a truck on the trails or not. I'll try to find out and let you guys know
Old 07-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #17

#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
alrighty
Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #18
Hey you'll watch this!!!
BigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A
BigA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BigA
been hear

used to live in lenoir,nc went up there alot on 4 wheelers and the only truck trail i knew of was trail 1 BUT the times i went i seen a XJ way back on a trail that was tight on my 4wheeler so guess it just depends on if you want to scratch ur ride up a little! it was 5 bucks about 7 years ago dont know if its went up but decent place for 4wheelers if you want some sick trails head to Murphy,NC and go to Teilico
Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Hey you'll watch this!!!
BigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A
BigA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BigA
Ahh hell

didnt know that sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Telico is closed, erosion issues.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #20
bwilson624 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
bwilson624's Tacoma Gallery
brown mountain is awesome

Quote:
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_3f30.htm

anyone been here?
I have been goin here for years

If so how was it?
I love it great atmosphere

How much Money?
5 bucks to camp 5 bucks per day per rider to ride 30 for a season pass
How many 4x4 trails?
IF YOU GO FOR JUST TRAILS FOR YOUR TRUCK YOU WILL BE MAD! Can't be more clear. If you have a 4 wheeler its a blast but to my knowledge you can only do two trails with your truck. And they aren't that long especially trail 8.

How difficult?
it varies from trail to trail. they have it all. I take my Honda 450r everywhere the 4x4s go though.

Is there a place for tent camping?

Yes 5 BUCKS

Thanksssss
Hope you come ride.