1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

havelock surrounding area

Discussion in 'South East' started by unstpible, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    unstpible

unstpible [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 boosted V6 Auto 334k miles
    CX Racing Turbo kit TransGo shift kit All Pro Apex bumper and skids Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch All Pro Upper control arm's Bilstein 6112's with 600lb coils Eimkeith's lower control arm reinforcement plates with Perry Parts bump stops All Pro spindle gussets and alignment cam tabs All Pro standard 3" leaf springs Bilstein 5125's rear Extended rear brake line Rear diff breather relocation MagnaFlow catback with resonator Bluetooth stereo Memphis 6x9 door speakers with tweeters Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Amber fog lights Single piece headlights aftermarket grille Anzo taillights LED 3rd brake light 4runner sunglass holder and dome lights Master Tailgaters rear view mirror with 3 directional cameras, G shock sensors, and anti theft system Honda windshield washer nozzles Stubby antenna Scan Guage II 2nd Gen Snowflake wheels powder coated black Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 235-75/16 Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Speedytech7's big wire harness upgrade Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
    im absolutely loosing my mind i have no clue as to where i can go just to get away from town hit the dirt and spin some tires and i cant go all the way out to ure for a weekend drive is there any cool land owners with a good piece of land or some one who knows some one, or is there a spot hidden away somewhere. would be even better if i could find somewhere that i could shoot off a few rounds get my hunting rifle ready for the hunt or maybe just pop off a few rounds of a 9mm. i have been here for about 2 years and im just loosing my mind i cant stand it out here cause i dont know where to go to have some fun

2012-07-26 18.22.03.jpg

2. Aug 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    Hey there I'm about 15 mins from H-town, you can go down to the national forest but offroading off the roads can get you a ticket. There is a ATV trail down Catfish Lake Rd., its in between Havelock and New Bern (closer to NB). There are tons of miles and stuff, you can bring a boat and go fishing in the several lakes there.

As for a legal place to offroad around here, well I've not found a place really...you should ask some of the offroad shops around town (if any).

Forgot to add, you cannot target shoot in the national forests either!

3. Aug 28, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    when i read that^^....

i can just picture me standing on my back porch with arms crossed watching OP sling donuts in my field while holding a pistol out the window and firing off rounds in the air while "kick start my heart" is blasting from his speakers.

4. Sep 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    CX Racing Turbo kit TransGo shift kit All Pro Apex bumper and skids Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch All Pro Upper control arm's Bilstein 6112's with 600lb coils Eimkeith's lower control arm reinforcement plates with Perry Parts bump stops All Pro spindle gussets and alignment cam tabs All Pro standard 3" leaf springs Bilstein 5125's rear Extended rear brake line Rear diff breather relocation MagnaFlow catback with resonator Bluetooth stereo Memphis 6x9 door speakers with tweeters Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Amber fog lights Single piece headlights aftermarket grille Anzo taillights LED 3rd brake light 4runner sunglass holder and dome lights Master Tailgaters rear view mirror with 3 directional cameras, G shock sensors, and anti theft system Honda windshield washer nozzles Stubby antenna Scan Guage II 2nd Gen Snowflake wheels powder coated black Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 235-75/16 Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Speedytech7's big wire harness upgrade Aeromotive 340 fuel pump

wft no target shooting whats the point of having national forests if you cant do a da...rn thing in them and i know the catfish lake road but i try to avoid going down there "uncle sam dosent like marines down that road.. they think well kill our self going to fast on the dirt or some thing like that ,.. like i would ever do that :rolleyes:

i did find a small turn off out on nine mile close to end where it meets the other hwy no clue if it was legal or not but it was mostly mud and there were a bunch of other tire tracks going through it so i followed them for a min got a little muddy and then at the verry end of nine mile is a little cluster of atv trails on the left side that my tacoma can fit on i goofed around there for a little bit once again no clue if it was legal but it was fun

oh and what part of nc are you in i just moved from new bern to havelock about 2 months ago

5. Mar 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:

Pretty close to what i want haha except shooting a pistol while in your truck will make your ears ring like a mo.fo so I get out of the car for that:cool::rolleyes:

6. Jun 7, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    Old thread.... Anyone still around?

7. Jun 23, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    Yup, and actually some military guys were killed on the catfish lake road few months ago, flipped upside down in those huge ditches on the sides of the road. We used to fly down that road @ 90mph when we were in high school...how did I ever get this old?

8. Jul 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    Ya heard about that. Just remembered about this thread

Products Discussed in

To Top