Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   South East (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south-east/)
-   -   Dawson Forest, Dawsonville.(GA) (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south-east/63991-dawson-forest-dawsonville-ga.html)

BigBawlzTaco 12-06-2009 07:09 PM

Dawson Forest, Dawsonville.(GA)

Anyone been to this trail?
I just came back and I must say, that place is creepy as hell. I tried to go to the Salem Church but it was blocked off. We saw the nuclear reactors which was pretty cool.

It was all fun until the engine check light turned on and the temperature went all the way up and i thought it was antifreeze but he told me it wasnt, kept boiling and spitting out. It was a milky substance.

We had to wait in TOTAL darkness for an hour. And my mind kept playing tricks on me and made me almost freak out.

waltonhockey17 12-07-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco (Post 1187787)
Anyone been to this trail?
I just came back and I must say, that place is creepy as hell. I tried to go to the Salem Church but it was blocked off. We saw the nuclear reactors which was pretty cool.

It was all fun until the engine check light turned on and the temperature went all the way up and i thought it was antifreeze but he told me it wasnt, kept boiling and spitting out. It was a milky substance.

We had to wait in TOTAL darkness for an hour. And my mind kept playing tricks on me and made me almost freak out.

kinda want to check it out. is it mud or rocks?

BigBawlzTaco 12-07-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrgrnr (Post 1191053)
I think you need to change ur name to NoBawlzTaco

LOL. BTW What caused with the over heating issue

:rolleyes:
It was pretty scary man, no lie.
No lights, no nothing.
All we had was a crowbar and a little puny flashlight.

The overheating issue I am not sure. I think he overreved it or something. We lifted up the hood and all this milky buttery substance was everywhere.

BigBawlzTaco 12-07-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltonhockey17 (Post 1191085)
kinda want to check it out. is it mud or rocks?

Just dirt roads. ALOT of different roads. Few climbs, a good bit of mud. A little of everything.

And especially the fact some girl got her head cut off there and the head was nailed to a tree.

That kinda added onto the scariness of it. :o

The End 12-07-2009 07:34 PM

Dawsonville is supposed to be very haunted, there was a gold rush up there and a lot of native americans got slaughtered. I used to live in Dahlonega, which is like right next door. I can't lie man, it's one of the creepiest places on Earth.

BigBawlzTaco 12-07-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The End (Post 1191851)
Dawsonville is supposed to be very haunted, there was a gold rush up there and a lot of native americans got slaughtered. I used to live in Dahlonega, which is like right next door. I can't lie man, it's one of the creepiest places on Earth.

You're tellin me.
First time there and our engine overheats and we're left powerless. :p

The End 12-07-2009 07:51 PM

Just leave some tobacco for the Indians as a peace offering and most likely the won't kill you.

That place is beautiful during the day though.

toyodajeff 12-07-2009 09:56 PM

Is there a place in dawson forest that is haunted or did it just seem creepy I might have to go check that out since its close to home.

BigBawlzTaco 12-08-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyodajeff (Post 1192370)
Is there a place in dawson forest that is haunted or did it just seem creepy I might have to go check that out since its close to home.

Yessir, Salem Church.
Sometimes it's blocked, sometimes its not.

Story is, if you look into the church at night and look at the altar, you see 2 red eyes peering back at you.
Hear voices and feel things.

I say go at night. Don't go alone, you'll have a mental breakdown. :D

waltonhockey17 12-08-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco (Post 1191742)
Just dirt roads. ALOT of different roads. Few climbs, a good bit of mud. A little of everything.

And especially the fact some girl got her head cut off there and the head was nailed to a tree.

That kinda added onto the scariness of it. :o

alright i might check it out this month. can you give me some directions.
and did you go through this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKKAR4tlkKc

GeoTaco 12-08-2009 02:38 PM

directions would be nice, im always looking for places to go here in North Georgia

waltonhockey17 12-08-2009 07:49 PM

Sounds like a head gasket. If this place is as creepy as ya'll say it is then lets make a meet out of it and camp out beside the church or something :D.[/quote]

K but im bringing my shotgun:fenforcer:

BigBawlzTaco 12-08-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltonhockey17 (Post 1195752)
Sounds like a head gasket. If this place is as creepy as ya'll say it is then lets make a meet out of it and camp out beside the church or something :D.

K but im bringing my shotgun:fenforcer:[/quote]

Lol, I was in the passengers seat and I was like, dude, what're you doing, why did we stop here? That's the stump to the tree that the girls head got nailed to fucking isnt it??
And all he said was, dude this is not good. Wanna hold my crowbar? Dont know how much use it is to an angry dead spirit, but its one helluva shot.

Anyway, I dont exactly know what caused it but he blew his radiator, the engine thermometer, few hose lines, and the catalic converter. :eek:

Here's his pathfinder. Only lifted up to date pathfinder i've seen on the road.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l9...97129_8143.jpg

BigBawlzTaco 12-08-2009 08:38 PM

[/quote]

Sounds like a head gasket. If this place is as creepy as ya'll say it is then lets make a meet out of it and camp out beside the church or something :D.[/quote]

Or the cemetary. :rolleyes:

BigBawlzTaco 12-09-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltonhockey17 (Post 1194384)
alright i might check it out this month. can you give me some directions.
and did you go through this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKKAR4tlkKc

No sir, it was pretty dry when we went. :)

wolfgang123 01-08-2010 06:41 PM

hey waltonhockey17 you play roller hockey right> i think have seen your truck at the ymca before. idk... can we get directions?

BigBawlzTaco 01-08-2010 06:51 PM

http://www.gfc.state.ga.us/forestmanagement/dawson.cfm

:thumbsup:

waltonhockey17 01-08-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgang123 (Post 1298167)
hey waltonhockey17 you play roller hockey right> i think have seen your truck at the ymca before. idk... can we get directions?

ya thats me. do you have a black taco?

wolfgang123 01-08-2010 08:05 PM

yea that me, dude i love your truck, love the red color. you know any good places to go since where kind of in the same area?

just loooked at that web page and it says : "c. No ATV or off-road vehicle use is allowed. Vehicles are restricted to open roads only."

????? wheres the entrance you went in, gps # would work if you saved the location.

waltonhockey17 01-08-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgang123 (Post 1298529)
yea that me, dude i love your truck, love the red color. you know any good places to go since where kind of in the same area?

just loooked at that web page and it says : "c. No ATV or off-road vehicle use is allowed. Vehicles are restricted to open roads only."

????? wheres the entrance you went in, gps # would work if you saved the location.

Thanks yours is sick to. you actually yelled across the parking lot and asked what kind of lift i have on it.(might not remember was like a year ago) as far as offroad places i only know fullers park is just like straight up mud easy to get stuck but i went there for the first time and cracked my windshield. but maybe we could meet up sometime at this dawson place, only thing is i have a prerunner and no locker but it still gets through everything