1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Official Utah Meet and Greet/Trail Run P

Discussion in 'South West' started by mgage10, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jul 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    The first dent always sucks. :(

Are you planning on getting it fixed or just leave it be? Is the scratch/dark area something thats through the paint, or more along the lines of handle bar residue? Cant really get a good idea of the metal deformation itself from the pic, but it may not be as bad as you think, as many dents will just pop out with the right tools, but it is on a corner piece as well. Go visit a few shops and see what they tell you about it.

2. Jul 18, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    Looks like it was a ton of fun! I wish we had trails like that around here! :/

3. Jul 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM
    mgage10

mgage10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    Once again, I had an awesome time on Saturday with all you guys. The girlfriend enjoyed herself as well. Thanks to all you guys who made the effort and came out :D

Sorry for the delayed photos but here they are finally...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jul 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    Shawn,

Nice pics buddy. Sorry about the shocks man. Maybe an excuse to lift your truck a little bit :D

Jason,

Thanks for the picture of the nice peeing man. The gallery wouldn't be complete without it haha. You got some great shots in as well. The lake trip was a great idea. Getting out of the heat was amazing!

I'm sorry about the 4 wheeler hitting your truck :( Hopefully you can get it popped out and there's not a scratch.

I was talking to my brother in law today and thinking about maybe doing another day trip up there if you wanna go.

Danny,

You got some great pics as well. Thanks for helping everyone out with the flm. I love mine. Such a simple mod but awesome.

Glad you could make it all the way from BFE ;)

Greg,

Thanks for the help with the flm as well!

5. Jul 19, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Nice!! I miss it out there...:woot:

6. Jul 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah the four 2nd gens that made it out all had the FLM done to their trucks and they loved it. One of them said his "check engine light" came on but the others didnt have that issue.:rolleyes:

7. Jul 19, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Who had the check engine light come on? If they get the code pulled I would be interested to know what it was. I doubt it was related to the FLM. After our meet up at Five Mile my light came on when we left the last mine but turned off on it's own the next day... I now have a ScanGauge so I can pull codes should it ever happen again.

8. Jul 19, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Dang sorry Jas!! That sucks.:( I know what your talking about though. Even when I was passing some of the 4- wheelers, I came inches from making contact as well. Luckily I didnt though. Although, there were some cute ladies on some of the 4-wheelers out there that I did wish I made contact with!!!:eek: I was like...."heeeeeeeey.":drevil:

9. Jul 19, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    Beast

Beast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Slc,Utah
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    grillcraft, tinted windows, HID's, Magnaflow exhaust, tsb, Icon ext. coilovers,camburg uca's, oem bedmat, 5100s in rear, wheelers aal, 275/65R18 duratracs, 18x9 kmc monsters
    ya im not sure what happened....the check engine and traction control lights came on so i drove around for a bit to see if they would turn off but they didnt so i pulled the wire off and both lights were off so i dont know what i should do...

10. Jul 19, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm sure others want to know, but do you know what code popped up when the light came on after our trail run?
    I'm not sure why yours is doing that? The other 3 trucks had no issues and they were done the same exact way as yours was.:cool:

11. Jul 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    If I were you I would take the truck to AutoZone and have them pull the code for you (free service). When my light turned on out at five mile the Traction Control light came on with the check engine, from what I hear that is normal for both to come on at the same time. The light went off 24hrs later.

Keep us posted.

12. Jul 19, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah thats what I told Mark. I think I read in a couple threads a while back that after some people did the FLM, their engine lights came on as well but turned off after a while. But yeah, def keep us posted Mark.

13. Jul 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    My engine light hasn't come on at all :D

14. Jul 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    metric310

metric310 street taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Alejandro
    clinton, ut
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner lifted, bumping loud
    3' lift, 10 inch subs, custom TRD sticker, BHLM, leather arm mod, pioneer avic 700 stereo, 5% tint all around
    My dash doesn't turn on. Just the speedometers. Idk if it was cause of the mod or cause I forgot to attach a cable behind the dash when I painted it earlier that day.......

15. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    Shawneily

Shawneily "Its go time, baby!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    95 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    CBI Rock Sliders, 31x10.15 BF Goodrich KM2's, Stock everything else.
    Lol its the fml-flm

16. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Thats a good thing.;)
    Hmmmm? Keep us posted.
    Haha, kinda sounds like it huh?!?! But after I did mine, I never had any issues.:cool:

17. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    Shawneily

Shawneily "Its go time, baby!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    95 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    CBI Rock Sliders, 31x10.15 BF Goodrich KM2's, Stock everything else.
    Looked like all the mods worked.. i wish i had fogs

18. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    For all those that did the FLM, you really ought to consider soldering that wire in place. Regretfully, that will probably mean removing the green wire from the connector so you can remove the shielding.

As far as the dash lights only partially working, I'd suspect thats from when you took the dash apart. I haven't actually looked at a wiring diagram, but the green wire should be a direct connection from the switch to the connector.

For the engine codes, I'd be really interested in what code its throwing. On the first truck, we did disconnect that plug in front of the light connector for a few, so maybe that caused it. If thats the reason, once cleared, it shouldn't come back. I cant imagine anything in the lights connector throwing a code.

On another note, I did notice that theres a fairly heavy coat of sand over just about every inch of the truck, so if the air filter was marginal before, it might be suffocating for air now, which would definitely throw a code if its bad enough. Suggest everyone check and at least shake out their air filter a little.

19. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Make sure your dimmer switch isn't turned all the way down. I noticed my dash lights were off this morning when I pulled into the underground parking lot at work. Not sure if the mod did this or I did when cleaning the dash. No problem here with the FLM works great. :)

20. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    So Jas? Your dimmer switch "was" turned down this morning? And I'm assuming if that was the case, you just turned it up and everything was okay?:rolleyes: But like I said, I never had any issues after I did mine and I dont really remember anyone having issues either here on TW. But then again, I didnt research it cause mine worked just fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top