Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

2nd Official Utah Meet and Greet/Trail Run P

Old 07-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
"Its go time, baby!"
Shawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
Shawneily's Tacoma Gallery
I Had a blast on this trip it was way fun going through the canyon.. I took quite a bit of pictures so here they are!

Here is my damage for the trip... you guys will like this.. On the skyline trail i hit a really bumpy part... I heard a loud bang.. like something hit my under side... Then my truck started to get really bumpy! It was very hard to control.. when I got on the free way my truck was bouncing hard on any little bump.. So when I got home I knew my shocks were bad.. but here is what I found :O... So any suggestions on shocks? quick and cheap.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!!! What a great day in Utah!!! I had a blast with everyone that came out to this meet!!! Never saw the sites I saw today before and I drive into Salt Lake like 2 times a month!!! I've been missing out. But here are some pics from our meet. Sorry guys, they arent in any particular order.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
"Its go time, baby!"
Shawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to behold

Niiice i like them... keep em' comin!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
These trail runs just get better and better. Thanks to everybody that was able to make it out. It was nice to meet some new people and to see a lot of you that made it out to the first trail run back in June.
Going on these trail runs is the only thing more additive and fun than this site.
And a big thanks goes out to Danny and Greg for help with the fog light mod to the trucks!

Matt this first pic is for your girlfriend. Hope she had fun.
I'm sorry sr. this this is not your urinal.

I had to stop filming when I started getting hit by chunks of mud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hWbNDJ169w
Old 07-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawneily View Post
Niiice i like them... keep em' comin!
X2!! Nice pics Jas!!! Yeah and I saw you running for your life when he hit that gas!!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is my damage for the trip... you guys will like this.. On the skyline trail i hit a really bumpy part... I heard a loud bang.. like something hit my under side... Then my truck started to get really bumpy! It was very hard to control.. when I got on the free way my truck was bouncing hard on any little bump.. So when I got home I knew my shocks were bad.. but here is what I found :O... So any suggestions on shocks? quick and cheap.
Nice pics

Sorry about your shocks. As far as replacements go, its hard to go against bilstein's since they have a lifetime warranty. Not the cheapest shock though.

If its more time/availability and less about cost (since I believe its your daily driver), I can lend ya my set of billies I haven't installed yet. Just have to replace them when you can. I wasn't planning on installing them until I can get new leafs anyway. They're the F4-BE5-D559-T0 and D560, fitting 95-02 Tacoma's (according to the box). I got them from Wheelers, but you might do better on price through toytec or down south motorsports. Wheelers has always been good to me though.

If its more of cost that your concerned about, I might be able to be talked into installing these and you could just have my old shocks. KYB gasbusters I believe (I know the fronts were gasbusters and the rears are KYB). Dont think they're leaking, but unknown mileage on them. Not awful shocks and in some circles they're preferred over the Bilstein. Was just planning to change them out because I was going to do the leafs anyway and figured that was a good time to replace it all.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

That sucks! I'm sorry about the shock, it was probably just upset that you submerged it into the lake.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
That sucks! I'm sorry about the shock, it was probably just upset that you submerged it into the lake.
Sure, sure. I heard you putting a hex on it for not getting stuck.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Hey Jason I was thinking about our next meet at Knolls. I didnt go out very far when I was out there a couple weeks ago since I was messing around on the dunes. Do you think they have trails there that can keep us busy for a day? Well with the trucks I mean? I dont think the dunes will keep us very busy if you get what I'm saying.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
"Its go time, baby!"

Ill be getting new shocks next week.. im probably just going to do 4 new ones. Front n rear.. where is a good place to get them?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Wow I'm sorry I missed out yet again, looks like a lot of fun was had. Wife's been having contractions so I didn't want to venture too far Hope you guys don't give up on me, I'll make it out eventually, promise
Old 07-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #13

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ill be getting new shocks next week.. im probably just going to do 4 new ones. Front n rear.. where is a good place to get them?
In Utah? I guess it just depends what you want. All the parts houses will have lower end shocks and struts. I'm not a big fan of low end items though, specially items that will take a beating.

4 Wheel Parts on 1800 S Redwood might have some good ones, but you'll pay a premium. I wouldn't even consider letting them install it, as they really aren't known for doing things right.

Shocks are one of those items that I think off-roaders should learn how to do. I'd get a shop to do the coils on the fronts, but you can easily install them once the coils are on. (Fronts are 4 screws each side, and rear are two).
Old 07-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #14
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
WAY glad I went , sorry had to bail on the skyline drive I was way tired only had an hour of sleep! .... so whens the next run ? ... (works hard for me to get off so i have to plan three weeks out )
Old 07-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
dogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the rough
dogbite's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good time again. And how were the tacos?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
awesome pics guys...looks like you guys had a blast...

WWFF...nice to see you represent the NEVADA crew......

I'm out in UTAH a lot during the winter season...SNOWBOARDING FTMFW!!! would be awesome to meet some of you guys then...
Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
street taco
metric310 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alejandro
metric310's Tacoma Gallery
yesterday was bad ass even tough i got stuck :-(
i wish i had brought my flip camera, but it was crazy fun
glad i got to meet u guys
Old 07-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #18

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by metric310 View Post
yesterday was bad ass even tough i got stuck :-(
i wish i had brought my flip camera, but it was crazy fun
glad i got to meet u guys
Well, it wouldn't be a trail run if someone didn't get stuck and something didn't break, so its all good. I'm impressed you made it up some of those hills, like the corner before the "shortcut" you got stuck on. I have to admit I had doubts for a bit.

I still think you owe us a tree to cut up though...

Good fun.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #19
08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future08TRDOFFROAD has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Daniel
08TRDOFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I am sorry I couldn't make it out like I had planned!!! Just couldn't get away from helping get ready for the family barbeque (hauling grills and coolers to the park) and my fiancee ended up having to work on top of it. Looks like fun was had by all! There was even some carnage to be had!

Did everyone get the Fog Light Mod done that wanted it done? If not, I could meet those that didn't sometime to help them out.

Shawnelly, I would highly recommend you go with the Bilstein 5100's. I have nothing but good things to say about them. You can get them online from Down South Motor Sports for $282.99 shipped with a discount code for a complete set. Sonny and Marcos at DSM are great guys and will hook you up!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #20

Here a few more pics.

On the way out I had a young kid pass me on a four wheeler at the time I though to myself dam that was way too close to my truck. Well when washing the truck today it turns out the kid scuffed and slightly dented the side of my truck. I keep telling myself you go off road stuff happens but I sure wish I was the one that did the damage on someone else.

Lesson learned on tight trails if I'm getting passed by a four wheeler or bike I'm getting out of the truck to make sure there is some space between us.