Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

3rd Official Utah Meet and Greet/Trail Run

Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
3rd Official Utah Meet and Greet/Trail Run

Gentlemen,

Here we go with our 3rd meet and greet/trail run! The first two were awesome successes. Thanks you to everyone who has been able to make it out.

The plan is to meet at 10:00am on August 21 at Cabela's, grab some lunch (Cabela's has a pretty good food court), then venture out to American Fork for a trail run around 11:00am. The plan is follow the trail over into Heber Valley. I am not sure which trail we will be taking as we will decide collectively as a group at the meet. Also, just so people are aware, there is a fee to enter the AF Canyon. Its only $6/vehicle, but just so no one is unprepared (like me, since I'm not big on carrying cash). Not sure what we're planning but since the fees are there to help maintain the canyon, its probably for a good cause. Considering how quickly they fixed a washed out bridge up near Mineral Basin this year, this is actually a cause that I do support. http://fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinte...tDDw9_AI8zPyhQ oY6BdkOyoCAGixyPg!/?ss=110419&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=STELPRDB504 3532&navid=160100000000000&pnavid=160000000000000& position=SubFeature*&ttype=detail&pname=Uinta-Wasatch-Cache%20National%20Forest-%20Recreation%20Passes%20&%20Permits
Above payment Info courtesy of Greg.

Mark your calenders everyone!

Date:

August 21

Cabela's
2502 West Grand Terrace Parkway
Lehi, UT 84043 US
(801)766-2500

*Meet on the Southeast section of the parking lot*

Trail Run:

American Fork
Some info/review courtesy of Greg:
http://www.4x4now.com/trutaf1.htm
http://www.4x4now.com/trutaf2.htm

List of Distinguished Attendees:
1. mgage10 (Matt)
2. WW_FIREFIGHTER (Danny)
3. Manlaan (Greg)
4. JasoTaco (Jason)
5. Yota_dvl (Jesse)
6. Beast (Mark)
7. 3rdTacoma
8. lightmup
9. dustin81

List of Fine Diners:

List of the Undecided:
1. StaticFilter
2. dogbite
3. 10silvertaco
4. metric310
5. A.D.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for now.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in.

Is anyone else in favor of bumping this up at least an hour earlier? I’m down with anytime but I always feel that a bunch are in a rush to get back in time for Sat. evening plans.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Count me in.

Is anyone else in favor of bumping this up at least an hour earlier? Iím down with anytime but I always feel that a bunch are in a rush to get back in time for Sat. evening plans.
I'd be ok with an hour earlier. Kinda messes up lunch though, but could always bring something for later.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Count me in.

Is anyone else in favor of bumping this up at least an hour earlier? Iím down with anytime but I always feel that a bunch are in a rush to get back in time for Sat. evening plans.
I think if I leave here by 8am, I should be there arund 10ish so I'll be good for an hour earlier.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #8
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Count me in.

I'm really down with whatever time works for everybody else. Don't stress this becuase of me.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
"Its go time, baby!"
Shawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
Shawneily's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
ha I'm the one that voted this place and I'm not on the list WTF ha ?
i can make it since its that far out ( was hoping it'd be sooner though)
more detail about the trail 2wd is able to make this run... but they'll wanna follow 4wd! if need more info about the trail hit me up and i can answer
Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #12
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
diners:
* chicks cafe' - simple cafe - really good food
* dairy keen ! - burger and shake joint - really greasey really good
* grannys - little mom and pop shop burger place good shakes!

over view of the trail...
Attached Thumbnails
3rd Official Utah Meet and Greet/Trail Run-untitled.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota_dvl View Post
more detail about the trail 2wd is able to make this run... but they'll wanna follow 4wd! if need more info about the trail hit me up and i can answer
Glad you can make it
Old 07-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #14

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you want to go sooner, make a post when you want to go and see who can make it. I only suggested the 21st to keep things consistent, but by no means does that mean we cant do it more. If someone wanted to go out every other weekend or something, I'd be game.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #15
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
If you want to go sooner, make a post when you want to go and see who can make it. I only suggested the 21st to keep things consistent, but by no means does that mean we cant do it more. If someone wanted to go out every other weekend or something, I'd be game.
The 21st is the only weekend in August that I can make. I'll be out of town the rest of the month. I would like to be able to attend so I made it on the 21st
Old 07-24-2010, 01:29 AM   #16
Beast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to all

Name: Mark
Beast's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

count me in for now
Old 07-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
Got it down! FLM working ok now?
X2?
Old 07-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #19
3rdTACOMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
3rdTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in. Sounds fun.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #20

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
diners:
* chicks cafe' - simple cafe - really good food
* dairy keen ! - burger and shake joint - really greasey really good
* grannys - little mom and pop shop burger place good shakes!

over view of the trail...

It looks kinda like you're planning to keep us on the main road. I assume its a narrow dirt road for at least some of it (like up Farmington canyon).

How long do you think that will take us to travel?

If its fairly short, is there any chance of taking a detour? We are going a bit early, so maybe head up to Silver Lake (is it even open to vehicles?) and eat some lunch and let those that want to jump in the lake. Worst case is it looks like the Silver Lake Flat is available to vehicles, or even just the Tibble Reservoir. Forest Lake looks like it might be a remote location only open to 4x4 as well.

There's also the Dutchman mine that looks like its pretty close to the planned route. Would be nice to stop and take a look.

Just some ideas to throw out there.

Products Discussed in this Thread