Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Stuck Tundra on Cameron Pass

Old 10-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Avsguy33 is on a distinguished road
Avsguy33's Tacoma Gallery
Stuck Tundra on Cameron Pass

Got to test out the new BFG KM2's this afternoon on the snowy cameron pass west of Fort Collins. A Tundra pulling a pop up camper had slid off the road and down an embankment. Another Tacoma pulled up as well, may have been with the Tundra. I hooked up to the Tundra and the tacoma hooked to me and we gave it a go but the tow rope between the two tacos let go. I gave it a try by myself and was able to pull him up with the trailer.

I was very proud of the little Yota and have to admit I had my doubts. Sorry no pics but when the trailer jackknifed if did some damage to the Tundra and I didn't want to be disrespectful and snap a pic. Glad to help some other guys out in time of need in the middle of nowhere though.

It is winter time up in the mountains. Watch those mountain roads.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Banned
merrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to behold
merrit's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Got to test out the new BFG KM2's this afternoon on the snowy cameron pass west of Fort Collins. A Tundra pulling a pop up camper had slid off the road and down an embankment. Another Tacoma pulled up as well, may have been with the Tundra. I hooked up to the Tundra and the tacoma hooked to me and we gave it a go but the tow rope between the two tacos let go. I gave it a try by myself and was able to pull him up with the trailer.

I was very proud of the little Yota and have to admit I had my doubts. Sorry no pics but when the trailer jackknifed if did some damage to the Tundra and I didn't want to be disrespectful and snap a pic. Glad to help some other guys out in time of need in the middle of nowhere though.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post

JK, nice job stopping and lending a hand.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Avsguy33 is on a distinguished road
Avsguy33's Tacoma Gallery
haha yeah I could kill for a before and after picture or even a video but the dude looked like he was having a bad day already. I know I would have been if it were my truck.