Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Utah meet n greet/trail run #6

Old 11-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Utah meet n greet/trail run #6

Okay since almost everyone else started a meet n greet thread, I thought the guy from Nevada should make the next one. Forgive me if I leave out any details since this is my first meet n greet thread. I figured I can at least right down the meet up spot, the place we will be doing the trail runs and a list of the people that are coming out.

Meet n Greet

Date:

Saturday Dec. 4th 2010

Time:

11am-11:30ish?

Cabela's
2502 West Grand Terrace Parkway
Lehi, UT 84043
(801)766-2500

Trail Run

5 mile pass from 12pmish-???

I figured we can all meet up around 11am and like the other times, people can go check out Cabela's or grab a quick bite before we head out for the trail run. Then after we drool over everyone's trucks we can carpool out to 5 mile. A few of us already talked about it and we wont have a specific trail planned out but we are going to play it by ear when we get up there. Like the past meets, we usually finish up by late afternoon or early evening but anyone can come and go as they please if they got other plans that day.

List of attendees
1.) ww_firefighter (Danny)
2.) Manlaan (Greg) +1 friend in a JEEP
3.) JasoTaco (Jason) + wife and really small dog
4.) mgage10 (Matt) + 2 passengers
5.) JanBoothius (Jan but pronounced Yan)
6.) SubFrozen (William)
7.) nolanspawn (Josh) 95% chance
8.) Beast (Mark)
9.) metric310 (Alejandro) +1

Maybes

1.) Drunknsloth
2.) mn918 (Meg) +1
3.) ViperJay (Chris)

If I missed anyone please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be bringing along a friend in another vehicle (a Jeep).

Oh, and I'm sure everyone learned their lesson last time, but for those bringing friends, etc, please make sure they're wearing proper clothing and shoes. If you aren't wearing stuff you'd be willing to shovel the driveway in, you'll be hating life. (I'm bringing my regular coat plus my heavy coat, just in case.) An extra pair of socks wouldn't be a bad idea as well. Gloves would be pretty much a must.

Remind them that this isn't a trip to the mall and there's a very good chance it will be in single digits with a possibility for people getting stuck (be it mud, ice, or snow, depending on what the trails look like), so they might need to stand in the weather for a little.

I am planning to make little rest stops at the mines we visited last time we were out here, so if there's no other reason to dress up for the cold, this is it.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
I'll be bringing along a friend in another vehicle (a Jeep).

Oh, and I'm sure everyone learned their lesson last time, but for those bringing friends, etc, please make sure they're wearing proper clothing and shoes. If you aren't wearing stuff you'd be willing to shovel the driveway in, you'll be regretting it. (I'm bringing my regular coat plus my heavy coat, just in case.) An extra pair of socks wouldn't be a bad idea as well. Gloves would be pretty much a must.

Remind them that this isn't a trip to the mall and there's a very good chance it will be in single digits with a possibility for people getting stuck (be it mud, ice, or snow, depending on what the trails look like), so they might need to stand in the weather for a little.
Very good points Greg. I will be in my usual winter attire, with 2-3 pairs of long underwear, top AND bottom, plus a sweater, and jacket if need be. Layers are vital.

My vote would be an 11am sharp meeting time. I also think we should say that we are leaving at 11:30am at the LATEST, so people know not to be late.
Last meet we were all early, and as a result, we left Cabela's a little earlier, and someone missed us.

Looking forward to it!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
r00t
SubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to behold

Army: Prior Service
Name: William
SubFrozen's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the list. Should be done fixing stuff long enough to let more break
Old 11-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^ Good points guys. Yeah I'll be sure to wear outdoorsy type cloths this time around cause like you said Greg, I'm sure we will be getting muddy and wet. Now as for the departure time, 11:30 is cool with me too. I just put down 12pm just for a reference.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubFrozen View Post
Add me to the list. Should be done fixing stuff long enough to let more break
Got yah Will!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
street taco
metric310 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alejandro
metric310's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe
Old 11-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
I am 95% sure I am going

Josh
Old 11-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric310 View Post
Maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
I am 95% sure I am going

Josh
Thanks guys.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
Man I hope I get orders to Utah after my deployment. It would be sweet to run with you guys
Yah I just PCS'd here about 2 months ago.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Man I hope I get orders to Utah after my deployment. It would be sweet to run with you guys
For sure!! I'll just add you on the list of Maybes just in case. But just let us know asap if you can make it out.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
For sure!! I'll just add you on the list of Maybes just in case. But just let us know asap if you can make it out.
LOL no I definately won't be able to make this one. I'm set to deploy in January and won't be back until July. Hopefully after then I can get to Utah.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
LOL no I definately won't be able to make this one. I'm set to deploy in January and won't be back until July. Hopefully after then I can get to Utah.
Ohhhhh okay got yah. I'll take you off.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post
Haha, thanks Jan!!! I was looking for this pic but couldnt find it in the other Utah meet threads!! Good looking out brotha!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #17
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
Question: Is this trail easy enough for complete novices?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Rufus View Post
Question: Is this trail easy enough for complete novices?
Yeah we had a couple stock trucks with us last time and they did just fine. Plus your a 4x4 so you should be good to go.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #19
street taco
metric310 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alejandro
metric310's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah we had a couple stock trucks with us last time and they did just fine. Plus your a 4x4 so you should be good to go.
Hmm. I wonder if my prerunner will be ok out there?
Old 11-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #20
r00t
SubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to behold

Army: Prior Service
Name: William
SubFrozen's Tacoma Gallery
Anything with wheels that we can tie a chain to should be fine getting up and down, even if not by it's own power alone. ;-)