Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Dog Valley Trail Day DEC 18 - Verdi NV

Old 12-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Dog Valley Trail Day DEC 18 - Verdi NV

Hi Everyone,

I want to get some people out for a day of snow wheeling in Verdi. We have had over 2 feet of snow fall in the last week or so and its great out here. There is a fire road that goes from Dog Valley in Verdi to Boca and then a trail that leads up to Boca Springs.

All thought right now due to conditions making the entire route will be nothing short of a miracle, its possible. If conditions permit then we can do the whole trail in 2 hours. However there are several places this trail passes by that have great spots to hit some back country powder. Also there are several other trails that stem off from the peak of Dog Valley that are extremely difficult. The trail is mostly clear with almost no areas that require major trail armor. The main difficulty here is snow, ice, and traction.

At the end of the dog valley boca trail is Boca springs. A nice little camp ground with restrooms, picnic tables, and a spring. From there another network of trails exist but these are EXTREMELY difficult. I was just planning on eating lunch there.

If things go perfect we can also fit in some riding, snowshoeing, or even shooting as there is a range out there. Not sure how the weather will permit but we shall see.

We will set a time closer to the date. I have never organized one of these on here before so if any one wants to chip in or help please feel free.

* A few members may stay the weekend and get in some snowboarding / skiing at northstar FYI

* I have oba so we can air up people from my truck as well and hopefully others can provide other support.

So far the list is .

1. Sierrahsky
2. Aaron ( a buddy ^ ) ( 2001 Tacoma )
3. Ptowntaco (bryce) (ride along)
4. nvdeserted (maybe) (work)
Also everyone who is coming does need to bring the usual kit for recovery just in case.

I plan on bringing my huskies and snow shoes just in case.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
i am down but i have 2wd trd so ill roll with someone up there like Kevin or Justin or maybe Jason if he can make it!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptowntaco View Post
i am down but i have 2wd trd so ill roll with someone up there like Kevin or Justin or maybe Jason if he can make it!
Sweet. I posted this on South cause it said nv but now am kinda wishin I hit norcal.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I could be down too. Work permitting, I'm in.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I could be down too. Work permitting, I'm in.
Awesome. I will post the time and gps coordinates for the meet up spot as we get closer.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
Expedition Style

So I was up in DV today and the snow was like sugar! some deff melted away but its still pretty crazy. WHOS COMING WITH ME!
Old 12-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #7
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Should probably post this in the nor cal section too.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Bump. Should probably post this in the nor cal section too.
Any idea how Or do i just re-post as a new post in nor cal?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Expedition Style

Re-posted in NOr Cal. Hope you NV Guys can make it LOL