Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Colorado B.S. Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #57721
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
So I have an indecent proposal of sorts....

We have DirectTV bundled with DSL. We've had it for a long time now and our equipment is old and doesn't work all that great. On top of that the rates keep going up. I call DirectTV and they basically tell me to pound sand. So I'm looking at Comcast and they're not all that impressive with their deals.

The new deals with DirectTV and internet are great but they won't give us those deals because we're not a new customer. I've thought about cancelling and going with Comcast but then I had another thought. Say we sold our house and cancelled our service. Then say whoever bought our house signed up for new service and got the great new deals. Maybe we bought their house, signed up as new customers and also got the great new deals. Sound plausible?

Anyone want to trade houses?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #57722
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
So I have an indecent proposal of sorts....

We have DirectTV bundled with DSL. We've had it for a long time now and our equipment is old and doesn't work all that great. On top of that the rates keep going up. I call DirectTV and they basically tell me to pound sand. So I'm looking at Comcast and they're not all that impressive with their deals.

The new deals with DirectTV and internet are great but they won't give us those deals because we're not a new customer. I've thought about cancelling and going with Comcast but then I had another thought. Say we sold our house and cancelled our service. Then say whoever bought our house signed up for new service and got the great new deals. Maybe we bought their house, signed up as new customers and also got the great new deals. Sound plausible?

Anyone want to trade houses?
Da faq? You been drinking the cool aid again? Just tell them your box is broke and you cannot watch TV. The Hard Drive on one of our DVR's dumped and they sent us a new one for the cost of shipping ($19.95). Our box was so old they did not want it back. I tried to salvage the HD out of the old box because we have stuff saved on it but it didn't work. In my area Centurylink DSL sucks(above ground phone lines that are old). So a few months ago we switched to Comcast for internet and phone. It fast as fuck. I love it especially for work since I have to download large files a lot. I also get my VM on my mobile phone through a nice little app they have.

But regardless of provider when the deals run out you get screwed paying full price.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #57723
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've done that and they basically tell me to pound sand. I'm just going to cancel I think. Maybe my nine year old will decide to get service as a new customer from someone
Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #57724
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've done that and they basically tell me to pound sand. I'm just going to cancel I think. Maybe my nine year old will decide to get service as a new customer from someone
Surprising. Do you have a dog that can qualify for the new service maybe?

Your daughter might curse them out before you get the "new" service hooked up.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #57725
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Surprising. Do you have a dog that can qualify for the new service maybe?

Your daughter might curse them out before you get the "new" service hooked up.
Yup we use to do that my wife and I when we had tv. Just keep switching names.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #57726
DIRT
mr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
mr optimist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
Maybe I'll try them then I know where you live so I can leave them on your doorstep haha
Old 02-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #57728
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Lmao!!! Something my wife would say.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #57729
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery
Hrm, I should slip one of those new V6 Ram Eco Diesel's into my Taco. It'd pretty much give me the truck I want with the engine I want.

Hrm...
Old 02-24-2014, 06:31 AM   #57730
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
Hrm, I should slip one of those new V6 Ram Eco Diesel's into my Taco. It'd pretty much give me the truck I want with the engine I want.

Hrm...

Yeah then you would have a dodge engine in your truck though :/
Old 02-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #57731
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Eh, the engine was designed by some company in Europe known for diesels (can't recall the name off the top of my head) so they probably know what they're doing.

I'd also love to stick a manual trans on the v6 diesel, while I'm dreaming anyway...
Old 02-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #57732
MichelinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post

And that's the one thing dodge has always done right. (Don't know anything about this engine)
Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #57734

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went to the store and they had every flavor except cookie dough. Wtf
Cookie dough let me down.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #57735
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Cookie dough let me down.
Not legit cookie dough?

Side note: picked up DUI #2 for this week so far. I'm on a roll already!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #57736
DIRT
mr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
mr optimist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Eh, the engine was designed by some company in Europe known for diesels (can't recall the name off the top of my head) so they probably know what they're doing.

I'd also love to stick a manual trans on the v6 diesel, while I'm dreaming anyway...
VM Motari. Banks is coming out with a modified crate engine that is based on it.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/bank...rsion-package/

Quote:
I went to the store and they had every flavor except cookie dough. Wtf
I looked when I was there yesterday. Nothing at Safeway.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #57737

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr optimist View Post
VM Motari. Banks is coming out with a modified crate engine that is based on it.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/bank...rsion-package/

I looked when I was there yesterday. Nothing at Safeway.

Oooooo, but I want it in a manual. But it sounds like a good place to start when/if I go down THAT road.

I suspect it'll come down to a choice between a diesel conversion and one of these; call me a geek but that'd be a hard decision.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #57738
MichelinMan

Quote:
Oooooo, but I want it in a manual. But it sounds like a good place to start when/if I go down THAT road.

I suspect it'll come down to a choice between a diesel conversion and one of these; call me a geek but that'd be a hard decision.

wonder what's so interesting on that guy's ceiling?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 AM   #57739
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shite! I want a telescope like that. I would put it outside though
Old 02-25-2014, 04:47 AM   #57740

Quote:
wonder what's so interesting on that guy's ceiling?
Spiders, them fuckers are creepers.

Products Discussed in this Thread