Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

UTAH (and Surrounding Areas) BS Thread

Reply
 
Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #2121
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
smkd13's Avatar
Name: Ben
Joined: Feb 2013, #97956
Location: Provo, UT
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,814
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
Mineral Basin AF Canyon trail run! Sunday June 23rd, 10am @Cabelas in Lehi!
Possibly. Helping a buddy with his front end possibly that day but probably gonna go anyway cause I haven't been up AF yet
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #2123
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Spoonman's Avatar
Name: Jamie
Joined: Sep 2011, #63328
Location: Calgary
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,511
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Utah is cool
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #2126
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
07COMA801's Avatar
Name: Kris
Joined: Sep 2012, #87546
Location: salt lake city
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 813
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys me and the fam are going camping in Flaming gorge Aug 15-20 and I am just wondering if anyone knows of any good trails in the Flaming Gorge/ Dutch John area to go wheel?

Any info will help thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #2127
Member
UTdez23 will become famous soon enough
 
UTdez23's Avatar
Name: Jesse
Joined: Mar 2012, #74507
Location: SLC, UT
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
UTdez23's Tacoma Gallery
Greetings UT Area members!

Been on this site for over a year but haven't posted to this thread yet, I know not cool Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone here in the SLC area knows of some good shops to install a suspension lift?? I am trying to get some quotes to install a package that is on its way to me in the next week or so. I know that most people do these installs themselves, but I'm not very inclined to do any of it as I'm not experienced at all in this area.. But if anyone might be interested in helping out I'm all ears as well! haha

Here is what I have coming:
- Bilstein 5100's front & rear (going to set front to 0")
- Eibach coils (1.6" or so of lift)
- Wheeler's HD Progressive 3 leaf 1.5" AAL pack (adding to non TSB OEM 3 leaf springs)
(And to top it off 265/75/16 Treadwright Warden AT's)

Waiting to talk to Down South Motorsports on Monday to clarify which rear Bilsteins I need (5100's or 5125's) since I'm in the grey area of rear lift heights (1.5" - 2") for those shocks.. I read a few threads about people breaking their rear 5100's (0" - 1") from over extending them with too high of a rear lift when off-roading. I dont rock crawl or do any extreme wheeling but occasionally take it on some pretty beat up high clearance 4wd roads/tracks all over the southern UT desert so want to make sure I'm good

Got a quote from Wrench-It-Center here in SLC for about $850 and 8 hours or so which is hella steep based on what I've read. Seemed a bit strange especially since the guy on the phone said they have one of the best suspension guys around supposedly.. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've read $350 - $450 was more in the normal range?? Like I said, I'm new to this all so not sure..

I have a 2009 Base SR5 4x4 DCLB and looking to give it better handling, more load support in back for light to medium off-roading, camping & exploring.. Pretty excited for it, especially after 3-4 months & countless hours researching various options on this site. This place has been an amazing wealth of knowledge and couldn't have done it without TW!!

Anyway, glad to meet everyone and very much appreciate any & all info yall might have!!

Cheers,
Jesse
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #2128
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold
 
nolanspawn's Avatar
Air Force: Weapons Director
Joined: Aug 2007, #2396
Location: Layton, Utah
Gender: Male
Posts: 253
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Should see if anyone is willing to help you out for some beer and pizza. I'd be willing to help depending on where you live in SLC.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UTdez23 View Post
Greetings UT Area members!
Been on this site for over a year but haven't posted to this thread yet, I know not cool Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone here in the SLC area knows of some good shops to install a suspension lift?? I am trying to get some quotes to install a package that is on its way to me in the next week or so. I know that most people do these installs themselves, but I'm not very inclined to do any of it as I'm not experienced at all in this area.. But if anyone might be interested in helping out I'm all ears as well! haha

Here is what I have coming:
- Bilstein 5100's front & rear (going to set front to 0")
- Eibach coils (1.6" or so of lift)
- Wheeler's HD Progressive 3 leaf 1.5" AAL pack (adding to non TSB OEM 3 leaf springs)
(And to top it off 265/75/16 Treadwright Warden AT's)

Waiting to talk to Down South Motorsports on Monday to clarify which rear Bilsteins I need (5100's or 5125's) since I'm in the grey area of rear lift heights (1.5" - 2") for those shocks.. I read a few threads about people breaking their rear 5100's (0" - 1") from over extending them with too high of a rear lift when off-roading. I dont rock crawl or do any extreme wheeling but occasionally take it on some pretty beat up high clearance 4wd roads/tracks all over the southern UT desert so want to make sure I'm good

Got a quote from Wrench-It-Center here in SLC for about $850 and 8 hours or so which is hella steep based on what I've read. Seemed a bit strange especially since the guy on the phone said they have one of the best suspension guys around supposedly.. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've read $350 - $450 was more in the normal range?? Like I said, I'm new to this all so not sure..

I have a 2009 Base SR5 4x4 DCLB and looking to give it better handling, more load support in back for light to medium off-roading, camping & exploring.. Pretty excited for it, especially after 3-4 months & countless hours researching various options on this site. This place has been an amazing wealth of knowledge and couldn't have done it without TW!!

Anyway, glad to meet everyone and very much appreciate any & all info yall might have!!

Cheers,
Jesse
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #2129
Member
UTdez23 will become famous soon enough
 
UTdez23's Avatar
Name: Jesse
Joined: Mar 2012, #74507
Location: SLC, UT
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
UTdez23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks nolanspawn, much appreciate the possible offer!! Beer & pizza would absolutely be provided at the very least, willing to throw in other provisions or perks as well.. I live in downtown SLC so a bit far from Layton.

However logistics wise, not sure where this would take place. Don't really have room anywhere at my house, small driveway & lot.. Could renta bay & lift at the do it yourself wrench-it-center, they have all the tools needed I believe. I'm very flexible on the details, but need to know what's the best plan..

Once again, very much appreciated!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #2130
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
smkd13's Avatar
Name: Ben
Joined: Feb 2013, #97956
Location: Provo, UT
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,814
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTdez23 View Post
Thanks nolanspawn, much appreciate the possible offer!! Beer & pizza would absolutely be provided at the very least, willing to throw in other provisions or perks as well.. I live in downtown SLC so a bit far from Layton.

However logistics wise, not sure where this would take place. Don't really have room anywhere at my house, small driveway & lot.. Could renta bay & lift at the do it yourself wrench-it-center, they have all the tools needed I believe. I'm very flexible on the details, but need to know what's the best plan..

Once again, very much appreciated!!
PM me I could possibly help you out with your install. I am in Provo but have a buddy in West valley. We could do it for you cheap like
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #2131
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Drunknsloth's Avatar
Name: Retribution
Joined: Jun 2010, #39105
Location: South West
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,203
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTdez23 View Post
Thanks nolanspawn, much appreciate the possible offer!! Beer & pizza would absolutely be provided at the very least, willing to throw in other provisions or perks as well.. I live in downtown SLC so a bit far from Layton.

However logistics wise, not sure where this would take place. Don't really have room anywhere at my house, small driveway & lot.. Could renta bay & lift at the do it yourself wrench-it-center, they have all the tools needed I believe. I'm very flexible on the details, but need to know what's the best plan..

Once again, very much appreciated!!
I can help you on the front since I did mine myself with 5100 shocks and ome 885 coils. I haven't changed my rear suspension though so I don't have any experience there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #2132
4Runner hooligan
Kevin B. is on a distinguished road
 
Kevin B.'s Avatar
Joined: Jul 2012, #83520
Location: SL,UT
Gender: Male
Posts: 47
Kevin B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTdez23 View Post
Greetings UT Area members!

Been on this site for over a year but haven't posted to this thread yet, I know not cool Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone here in the SLC area knows of some good shops to install a suspension lift?? I am trying to get some quotes to install a package that is on its way to me in the next week or so. I know that most people do these installs themselves, but I'm not very inclined to do any of it as I'm not experienced at all in this area.. But if anyone might be interested in helping out I'm all ears as well! haha

Here is what I have coming:
- Bilstein 5100's front & rear (going to set front to 0")
- Eibach coils (1.6" or so of lift)
- Wheeler's HD Progressive 3 leaf 1.5" AAL pack (adding to non TSB OEM 3 leaf springs)
(And to top it off 265/75/16 Treadwright Warden AT's)

Waiting to talk to Down South Motorsports on Monday to clarify which rear Bilsteins I need (5100's or 5125's) since I'm in the grey area of rear lift heights (1.5" - 2") for those shocks.. I read a few threads about people breaking their rear 5100's (0" - 1") from over extending them with too high of a rear lift when off-roading. I dont rock crawl or do any extreme wheeling but occasionally take it on some pretty beat up high clearance 4wd roads/tracks all over the southern UT desert so want to make sure I'm good

Got a quote from Wrench-It-Center here in SLC for about $850 and 8 hours or so which is hella steep based on what I've read. Seemed a bit strange especially since the guy on the phone said they have one of the best suspension guys around supposedly.. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've read $350 - $450 was more in the normal range?? Like I said, I'm new to this all so not sure..

I have a 2009 Base SR5 4x4 DCLB and looking to give it better handling, more load support in back for light to medium off-roading, camping & exploring.. Pretty excited for it, especially after 3-4 months & countless hours researching various options on this site. This place has been an amazing wealth of knowledge and couldn't have done it without TW!!

Anyway, glad to meet everyone and very much appreciate any & all info yall might have!!

Cheers,
Jesse
If you're not interested in doing it yourself, Cruiser Outfitters might be willing to install your parts, and I bet they don't charge you $850.

If you wanna throw a wrenching party, I'll help if I'm available.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #2133
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
07COMA801's Avatar
Name: Kris
Joined: Sep 2012, #87546
Location: salt lake city
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 813
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
X2 well shit maybe ill get my lift and suck it up and do it my self instead of having the techs at my work install it and we can just have an install day and like said above beer and pizza included haha
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #2134
Member
UTdez23 will become famous soon enough
 
UTdez23's Avatar
Name: Jesse
Joined: Mar 2012, #74507
Location: SLC, UT
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
UTdez23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I can help you on the front since I did mine myself with 5100 shocks and ome 885 coils. I haven't changed my rear suspension though so I don't have any experience there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
If you're not interested in doing it yourself, Cruiser Outfitters might be willing to install your parts, and I bet they don't charge you $850.

If you wanna throw a wrenching party, I'll help if I'm available.
Thanks guys, all the offers are much appreciated!! Great community here.. Love the all in one lift install party idea lol

I'm looking into my options to see what's up and will let yall know if I need the help!!

Anyone by chance have an idea about the rear 5100/5125 shock details and which would be best to use for a 1.5" - 2" lift? As mentioned, gonna chat w/ DSMS tomorrow before ordering but thought I ask..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #2135
Senior Member
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Joined: Mar 2012, #76018
Location: Utah
Gender: Male
Posts: 932
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
on the fence between TRD inake and TRD exhaust or

AFE intake and magnaflow

im thinking if the day ever came to trade in the dealership would be more friendly if i had TRD parts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #2136
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
smkd13's Avatar
Name: Ben
Joined: Feb 2013, #97956
Location: Provo, UT
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,814
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
X2 well shit maybe ill get my lift and suck it up and do it my self instead of having the techs at my work install it and we can just have an install day and like said above beer and pizza included haha
Honestly that is your best bet and best way to do it bud
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #2137
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
07COMA801's Avatar
Name: Kris
Joined: Sep 2012, #87546
Location: salt lake city
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 813
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkd13 View Post
Honestly that is your best bet and best way to do it bud
For sure if we actually set a date I'm in for sure I would rather install my own lift, even tho the guys at my work specialize in Toyota's, I want to learn Ya know..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #2138
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
07COMA801's Avatar
Name: Kris
Joined: Sep 2012, #87546
Location: salt lake city
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 813
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
For sure if we actually set a date I'm in for sure I would rather install my own lift, even tho the guys at my work specialize in Toyota's, I want to learn Ya know..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #2139
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Drunknsloth's Avatar
Name: Retribution
Joined: Jun 2010, #39105
Location: South West
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,203
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTdez23 View Post
Thanks guys, all the offers are much appreciated!! Great community here.. Love the all in one lift install party idea lol

I'm looking into my options to see what's up and will let yall know if I need the help!!

Anyone by chance have an idea about the rear 5100/5125 shock details and which would be best to use for a 1.5" - 2" lift? As mentioned, gonna chat w/ DSMS tomorrow before ordering but thought I ask..
I believe the 5100 and the 5125 are different models. Everyone I know runs 5100. The 5100 comes in two different sizes for the Tacoma. The shorter one is for 0"-2" lifts. The longer one is for 2.5"-4" or something like that. But you will need taller bumpstops if you run the longer shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
on the fence between TRD inake and TRD exhaust or

AFE intake and magnaflow

im thinking if the day ever came to trade in the dealership would be more friendly if i had TRD parts.
To be honest I don't think the dealer would care about anything that is not stock for trading it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
For sure if we actually set a date I'm in for sure I would rather install my own lift, even tho the guys at my work specialize in Toyota's, I want to learn Ya know..
Knowing helps you a lot too if something breaks or needs replacing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Products Discussed in this Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IT BS thread chadderkdawg Technology 1730 11-26-2014 07:56 AM
Military BS thread Konaborne Military 39 11-02-2011 08:41 AM
Help in finding off-road trails in DFW or surrounding areas DTacoms Texas 3 01-19-2010 11:34 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.