1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UTAH (and Surrounding Areas) BS Thread

Discussion in 'South West' started by Drunknsloth, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Aug 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    jdk52

jdk52 Bro do you even 'Merica?

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5
    3 inch OME lift kit, rear diff breather mod, cb install, sliders, brute force fab front end.
    ^^ welcome man.

Where in PA man? Welcome. Most of us keep the the FB page now, but a few of us creep in here every now and then.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Aug 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    WTFaulkner

WTFaulkner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    SLC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Stuff
    Ill probably go, looks like fun!

3. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    Wasatch

Wasatch Well-Known Member

Member:

PGH area...

No facebook profile for me- unless the group is public, I cannot see...

4. Aug 25, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    big dog

big dog Hug balls bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4X4
    OME 3" k&n cai magnaflow muffler all pro front bumper 4x innovations rock sliders moto metal wheels with 33" Bridgestone dueler revo 2 AT tires
    well change of plans i was going to ogden but i took a way better job doubled my salary :D :woot: but its in smithfield so im looking for a place in logan

5. Aug 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    FirstTracks

FirstTracks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Access Cab 4.0L V6 SRS 6sp manual
    Leer cap, BedRug
  6. Aug 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
  7. Aug 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    FirstTracks

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    Leer cap, BedRug
    <bow>

8. Aug 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    ptluke

ptluke Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Longbed Tacoma
    So I just got quoted from Jack-It suspensions in West Valley SLC.

To put blisteins up front and in the rear, along with blocks they want 979$ installed.

Does anyone know, Is this a good price for what they are installing?

(Check out the image I uploaded for the spec list and part numbers)

Thanks!!

Lift Quote.jpg

9. Aug 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    smkd13

smkd13 Professional Idiot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Provo, UT
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB OR
    Stock… for now
    Hmmm well it includes an alignment and 250 in labor. How much you gonna be wheeling this thing?

10. Aug 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    ptluke

ptluke Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:

Well I dont plan on doing any super serious wheeling, honestly the majority of my miles every day are highway. But I do make it into the woods often.

I wanted to do the bilsteins all the way around because I have heard good things and figured they would be better in the long run, integrity wise, than just stretching out the stock suspension and adding blocks ect.

Which also, is why I was confused as to why they also tossed in ~300$ for a 2" Block kit in the rear and a leveling kit in the front. Are those needed to "do it right" even with brand new bilsteins all the way around?

Im fairly new at this, but from what I have been reading, that shit doesnt sound legit haha

11. Aug 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    xSJx

xSJx Member

Member:
    well, are you going for a lift all around (how high?), or just a cushier ride with new shocks? because from what i understand, adding new bilsteins in back won't give you any lift—that's probably why they added the blocks. and since you're going two inches in the back, i'm assuming they're adding a spacer up front to level it, since the front bilsteins will only give you 2.5" max.

the pricing seems about right, as just the set of 4 bilsteins from toytech are like $370 without shipping and tax. jackit is charging you $387 for those parts.

let me know what you end up doing, as i was thinking of going in to jackit soon to talk about lift options.

12. Aug 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    ptluke

ptluke Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:

Yeah, Id like just a 2.5" lift all around, still keeping the natural rake slightly.

I have heard a number of things and the majority says that the leveling kit is not necessary and that the Blocks are detramental to the integrity of the truck, go with an AAL with the rear Bilsteins. But I have also heard that setting the fronts to the 2.5" setting with stock coils is not a "great" idea and I may need new coils (OME's maybe) to give it a more legit and stable ride in the long run.

But what I do think is that 1000$ to install a set of Bilsteins that you can get from DownSouthMotorsports for 310$ is a bit redic. Apparrently 4WheelParts charges about the same?? Anyone gone there to get there 4 Bilsteins and maybe an AAL installed???

13. Aug 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    elykTacos

elykTacos "Its all ball bearings nowadays"

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011, DBLCB , 4x4, Sport, Grey
    Custom sliders, Bilstien 5100s in front - 5100's + AAL + TSB in rear, dif drop, LED's in scoop, CB installed in console, flashlight mount, window tint, locking compartment in bed.
    I put billies on all 4. I also got Toyota to put the "Canadian" leaf pack in the back with the "rough ride" TSB. Then added the Downsouth AAL. Between the 2 new leafs I picked up enough in the back to avoid a block. Plus my truck rides way better when I have a heavy load in the back. It does make for a little stiffer ride but it doesn't bother me. Its a TRUCK. Most of my miles are highway too.

It took me a good full Saturday that included a trip to Autozone to borrow a spring compressor. If you do it yourself you will want an air compressor to compress the spring, remove tires, grumpy bolts etc. The rest is pretty standard. You could save 2-3 hundred bucks. But if you want to pay someone... that seems like a decent price if they will do the alignment too. I just bought a lifetime alignment from Firestone ($89). I go in every 6-8 months :)

14. Aug 31, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    big dog

big dog Hug balls bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4X4
    OME 3" k&n cai magnaflow muffler all pro front bumper 4x innovations rock sliders moto metal wheels with 33" Bridgestone dueler revo 2 AT tires
    So I just got to ut just wondering I see the gas here's lowest Octane is 85 is that what you guys use in the taco and ifso how's you're gas mileage in Vegas and ca the lowest is 87 just wanted to know if it's bad to run the 85 if my truck has never had anything below 87

15. Sep 1, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    FirstTracks

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    Leer cap, BedRug
    Mine tends to ping a bit on 85 so I usually fill with 88. The 85 octane is sold here due to altitude and should run similarly here to the 87 you ran in your truck in Vegas.

16. Sep 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    ^^ Like he said with the altitude it should not matter but just because I started with the 87.

But if you want some ethanol free there is only one place I know of. And it is 92. It is on something like 13th E and 9th S by East high school.

17. Sep 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    big dog

big dog Hug balls bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4X4
    Yeah I just filled up and just went with the 88 made me fill a bit better

18. Sep 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Where in UT did you move to?

19. Sep 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    big dog

big dog Hug balls bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4X4

I'm staying at a friends house in Syracuse while I look for a house but I work in Logan I'm thinking about finding a place in kaysville and just driving to Logan everyday but I'm not sure yet if I want to drive 70 mi each way every day

20. Sep 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    FirstTracks

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    Leer cap, BedRug
    Especially because Sardine Canyon can get ugly in winter.

Products Discussed in

To Top