Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

UTAH (and Surrounding Areas) BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #2721
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
When I have my shell off, I use a fire stick 90 degree stainless mount that I drilled the holes out just big enough to get a bolt though for the bed track. I think it was like 10 bucks at a truck stop. I'll try and post a picture
Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 PM   #2722
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
http://logan.craigslist.org/pts/4358369777.html
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #2723
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkd13 View Post
Ha ha pretty hard to break a CB but we will get it installed no problem.
Haha you never know with me! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveydude View Post
haha, just installed my CB today I got lots of leftover parts if you need some, but sorry, no extra mounts, you could try radio shack...
Hellyeah thank you, the CB its self finally arrived but im still waiting on the coax cable and antenna to show up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAiG View Post
07coma801 what cb did you end up getting? Also do you have any pics of where you mounted it?
I ended up getting the-
Uniden PRO520XL 40-Channel CB Radio- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And im still waiting on all of the parts to show up so I have yet to install it. . so no pic's yet.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #2724
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
Haha you never know with me! lol

Hellyeah thank you, the CB its self finally arrived but im still waiting on the coax cable and antenna to show up.

I ended up getting the-
Uniden PRO520XL 40-Channel CB Radio- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And im still waiting on all of the parts to show up so I have yet to install it. . so no pic's yet.

That is a good CB. It is the one that I have and I love it. Just let me know when it comes in and we can jump on it
Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #2725
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Hey errybody. Used to have an '03 Xtra but traded it a few years back. Just purchased my 2nd Tacoma (after experimenting with Subaru and coming out disappointed). Gotta remove the crappy spacer lift and install some OMEs at some point, replace balljoints, CVs, and a bunch of other stuff but once she's ready I'll be down to come hit some trails.

Anybody have experience with cleaning out old sand and grease from the undercarriage and engine bay? Any tips/tricks? The previous owner didn't bother with cleaning up so it's really caked on everything.

EDIT: Also have a few things I'm gonna put up on KSL but y'all can have first dibs if anyone is interested.
-Firestik FS II CB antenna - used
-01-04 Tacoma clear corners - used
-01-04 Tacoma regular corners w/ chrome trim - new
-01-04 Headlights - used
Old 04-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #2726
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobias View Post
Hey errybody. Used to have an '03 Xtra but traded it a few years back. Just purchased my 2nd Tacoma (after experimenting with Subaru and coming out disappointed). Gotta remove the crappy spacer lift and install some OMEs at some point, replace balljoints, CVs, and a bunch of other stuff but once she's ready I'll be down to come hit some trails.

Anybody have experience with cleaning out old sand and grease from the undercarriage and engine bay? Any tips/tricks? The previous owner didn't bother with cleaning up so it's really caked on everything.
I have used kaboom on the engine bay and had great luck!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #2727
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is a good CB. It is the one that I have and I love it. Just let me know when it comes in and we can jump on it
So the CB, Coax cable, and the Antenna finally arrived!!

Its quite odd though, at the end of the antenna where its threaded is smaller than the end of the coax cable.

Am I needing some sort of fitting or extension to make this work?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #2728
Jiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medic
Name: Micah
Jiveydude's Tacoma Gallery
What antenna did you get?

Edit: Never mind, I see you got a Fire Fly.

You'll need a mount like this: http://www.amazon.com/FireStik-K-4A-...A88DSDJK84GMBT
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #2729
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
So the CB, Coax cable, and the Antenna finally arrived!!

Its quite odd though, at the end of the antenna where its threaded is smaller than the end of the coax cable.

Am I needing some sort of fitting or extension to make this work?

PM me and give me your bumper. I will give you call and fill you in
Old 04-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #2730
MarioLuke13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mario
MarioLuke13's Tacoma Gallery
Kris you work at Mark Miller downtown? You guys are awesome. Wendell (spelling?) is my mechanic. Wont take my truck anywhere else and neither would my grandpa when he was the original owner.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #2731
as in Gobias some coffee

gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of mechanics...

I'm considering removing my S/C and taking my truck back to stock. Anybody know of a mechanic around here that has experience with S/C installs?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #2733
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Speaking of mechanics...

I'm considering removing my S/C and taking my truck back to stock. Anybody know of a mechanic around here that has experience with S/C installs?
Try LHM toyota Murray

Carl malone toyota they will take care of you
Old 04-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #2734
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Speaking of mechanics...

Just FYI I know a guy in kaysville that is looking for one if you end up selling it
Old 04-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #2735
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Speaking of mechanics...

If you're willing to trade the Supercharger for my stock intake parts I can take care of the removal and install at no cost.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #2736
as in Gobias some coffee

gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
If you're willing to trade the Supercharger for my stock intake parts I can take care of the removal and install at no cost.

I'm still trying to track down all the stock parts that I'd need. The main reason I'm removing it is to get some money to help pay for some repairs I need to do to the truck so a straight swap I wouldn't necessarily be interested in. I'll probably just do the labor myself but if you wanted to use your stock parts as trade value I would definitely knock my asking price on the S/C way down. I'll be pulling off and selling the URD 7th injector kit as well.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #2737
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm still trying to track down all the stock parts that I'd need. The main reason I'm removing it is to get some money to help pay for some repairs I need to do to the truck so a straight swap I wouldn't necessarily be interested in. I'll probably just do the labor myself but if you wanted to use your stock parts as trade value I would definitely knock my asking price on the S/C way down. I'll be pulling off and selling the URD 7th injector kit as well.
About how much would you be interested in letting it go for? I've been looking to snatch one of these up for a while now and I'd love to help you out!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #2739
Master Blaster

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I still want to know how much.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #2740
as in Gobias some coffee

gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I still want to know how much.

Running the numbers, I'd say somewhere around $900 for the S/C and 7th Injector kit after trade for stock parts (Upper/Middle intake, fuel pump, etc) and lending an extra hand (and maybe some tools if I'm missing something) for install and the swap. Beer and food would of course be included.

Anybody with experience with S/C and/or the 7th inj. wiring would be welcome to attend and get all the free beer you want.

Products Discussed in this Thread