Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Moab meet, May 2011 *Official*

View Poll Results: Which weekend works best for you?
May 6th-8th 0 0%
May 13th-15th 5 50.00%
Both weekends work for me. 3 30.00%
Neither weekend works for me. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Moab meet, May 2011 *Official*

A selection of my photo's from the meet!

Photo credit to Jason, Photoshop by me (please send original size picture, Jason):

Thanks to everyone who came for a good weekend!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
May 13-15th i'd be able to attend

that camp spot looks siiiiiick!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
man wish i was closer, have fun guys!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to check my schedule but I'll let you guys know for sure!! Should be a great time!!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Ummmm.... you guys do know that the incredibly massive all toyota Moab event---- Cruise Moab is May 4th-8th.

http://cruisemoab.com/

Sorry wrong link.... fixed now.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
Ummmm.... you guys do know that the incredibly massive all toyota Moab event---- Cruiser Moab is May 4th-8th.

http://cruisemoab.com/

Sorry wrong link.... fixed now.
Good to know, thank you for the heads up!

In light of that, I believe the second weekend would be better. So far, the votes are showing that too, although three votes (mine included) isn't saying much
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone wanna tow my crawler?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post
Good to know, thank you for the heads up!

In light of that, I believe the second weekend would be better. So far, the votes are showing that too, although three votes (mine included) isn't saying much
Yeah... I doubt you will even be able to find camping on that weekend unless you planned way ahead to attend Cruise Moab. I plan to attend this next year... and might be doing a Moab Trip in July before FJSummit.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Anyone wanna tow my crawler?
Edit: if you get it to Utah first
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Edit: if you get it to Utah first
It'll make it there no prob
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #13
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
its far enough out that both weekends work for me. but we'll have to decide on a date soon in order for me to go. I've never been there before and with a solid axle i would really like to, MY TRUCK IS MY DAILY DRIVER and i dont want to bang it up. do you know many trials out there? - they arent tacoma's but older toyo's welcome ?
my vote is camp if we're all going to be together if not... I'm going to camp anyways
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota_dvl View Post
its far enough out that both weekends work for me. but we'll have to decide on a date soon in order for me to go.
I'm pretty sure it is going to be the second weekend, the 13th-15th.

Quote:
I've never been there before and with a solid axle i would really like to, MY TRUCK IS MY DAILY DRIVER and i dont want to bang it up. do you know many trials out there? - they arent tacoma's but older toyo's welcome ?
I wouldn't be worried about hurting your rig. I will be driving my stock 2010 TRD Offroad, which is my daily (and only) driver.

Most trails have bypasses for the hard parts, but with a SASed Tacoma, I'm guessing you will want to try the harder parts!

Quote:
my vote is camp if we're all going to be together if not... I'm going to camp anyways
I will be camping as well, regardless of what the others choose. I am quite sure there will be a number of us camping; Greg and I are, and I'm guessing Jason will as well.

Looking forward to meeting you... I'm also looking forward to being jealous of your truck!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
so jan, where is this campsite you have in mind? how many spots are available there? is it a designated site or a blm type of area where it's an open area?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #16
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its far enough out that both weekends work for me. but we'll have to decide on a date soon in order for me to go. I've never been there before and with a solid axle i would really like to, MY TRUCK IS MY DAILY DRIVER and i dont want to bang it up. do you know many trials out there? - they arent tacoma's but older toyo's welcome ?
It really just depends what you want to try. I plan on taking up my beater to see what I can do with it. Granted my beater isn't my driver, but you're built enough that I think you'll be able to keep up with the stuff I'm wanting to do just fine. I'm pretty sure the plan is to run an easier rock crawling trail (Fins) first, then let people decide if they want more or less difficult. Fins really is a low risk (but still plenty of fun) trail.

(btw Jan, I do intend to try that steep hill on fins that cruiser couldn't get up last time)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #17
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
so jan, where is this campsite you have in mind? how many spots are available there? is it a designated site or a blm type of area where it's an open area?

Its about 20 miles from Moab, overlooking the river. Its not an official camp site and I believe is on BLM land. There are actually 3-4 all in the same general area (well, 3-4 fire pits). Plenty of space for many many people, so I dont think we'll have to worry about room, assuming someone hasn't taken it before we get there.

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for sleeping, as last trip, I slept one night in a tent and one night in the truck. The truck was just so much more comfortable. But my new toy wont really allow me to sleep in it like that, so I'll have to figure something else out. Maybe I'll go see if I can find a cot to see how I like that.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #18
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Quote:
SASed Tacoma, I'm guessing you will want to try the harder parts!
That is true but also daily driver and only so I gotta keep things simple
Quote:
I will be camping as well, regardless of what the others choose. I am quite sure there will be a number of us camping; Greg and I are, and I'm guessing Jason will as well.
well count me down for the list of "regardless of what others do I'm camping"
Quote:
Looking forward to meeting you... I'm also looking forward to being jealous of your truck!
Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it is going to be the second weekend, the 13th-15th.
For sure that week ?
... where i work they're being anal and sayin i need to ask for it off
very soon, but i wanna get the right weekend off
Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #20
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is true but also daily driver and only so I gotta keep things simple
LOL I've seen you drive. Your definition of simple is not what most would consider "simple".

With the SAS you are not going to have any problems.