Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Santa Fe New Mexico Camping - Looking for camp site recommendations

Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Santa Fe New Mexico Camping - Looking for camp site recommendations

I'm going to be driving through Santa Fe, NM on a road trip, and I'm looking for somewhere good to camp. No hookups necessary, but a bathroom and shower would be nice. Primitive camping, just a tent and the truck.

Anyone have any good recommendations?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
what up mang
Tons of good camping around SF. If you want to stay up in the mountains a little, where its really beautiful, There is Hyde state park up the road to the ski area, with a japanese style spa called 10,000 waves on the way up there for showering/sauna.hot tub/ hot water needs. (kinda $$$ tho) good treat for post road trip though. I think its $15.00 for the public tub/sauna. Its clothing optional til 8pm so expect saggy nekkid people.

There is the KOA and Rancheros campground on I-25 north 8 miles east of SF right by my fire station. those are a good bet for basic accomadations. I bet they have a website to make reservations. Lots of RVers and kids running around.
and then theres a bazillion choices for BLM land with no facilities. Truly primitive.
I guess it also depends on time of year, but i am assuming youre thinking this summer. I live here in SF so feel free to hit me up if you need more info on New Mexico.
Cheers, Abe