Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

<Feeler> Las Vegas Fun & Dirt Bike/ATV & OffRoad Weekend <Feeler>

Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
<Feeler> Las Vegas Fun & Dirt Bike/ATV & OffRoad Weekend <Feeler>

So I've been in talks with Danny (WWFIREFIGHTER) from Nevada about setting up a nice Dirt Bike/ATV weekend. If you don't have either or, you can Off-Road your Taco.

I'm itching to get back on my bike and kick it with some of the Socal or Nevada guys. I've missed a lot of the Socal season due to injury and need to ride. The plan is for a 3-4 Day trip. Stay as long as you can and leave whenever you want.

We plan for a late Friday Night, Saturday, Sunday, Monday event. I plan to drive out late Monday night or early tuesday morning. The weekend is NOT set as we're tying to get some feelers on the dates (weekend).

So the weekends are up in the air. I'm going to start working on the dates and preparing this. I know Danny is down to go. My buddy and I are down to go. That starts us off with 3.

Agenda

Party in Vegas & Ride in Vegas. I mean, whats more to ask for? Whats better than that.

Plan a getaway for yourself and treat it as a productive inner-self experience.

If you're interested to go, just state the weekends you can make it. I'll start to piece the dates together and make it work for everyone.

Its already starting to show a good amount of interest from the Socal guys. Lets see some of you locals there. I mean, you don't really have an excuse.

Remember, you don't have to have a Dirt Bike or Quad.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you all plan on riding the atv/dirt bikes??

A lot areas that allow licensed vehicles to go offroad don't allow atv/dirt
bikes.... ...I suggest Logandale trails http://www.logandaletrails.com/

How soon you looking to do this? Pretty quickly it's going to be kinda hot to ride unless you head to the mountains.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
Where do you all plan on riding the atv/dirt bikes??

A lot areas that allow licensed vehicles to go offroad don't allow atv/dirt
bikes.... ...I suggest Logandale trails http://www.logandaletrails.com/

How soon you looking to do this? Pretty quickly it's going to be kinda hot to ride unless you head to the mountains.
Your coming!!! End of story!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
ericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Rotorhead
Name: Inigo Montoya
ericb's Tacoma Gallery
Were do you plan on riding at? There is good riding out by the batch plant off the 163 , good places to camp and good wheeling up by christmas tree pass. About an hour out of Vegas, just east of Laughlin. BLM land.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I was hoping to find places as close to the strip as possible. That way we can ride and have fun also!

I've never done it and thought it would be great to get away.

We are planning this in the SOCAL section also have aiming towards August.

I would like to avoid the heat as well. Not a fan of sweaty balls.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 AM   #6
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^ There is no place "near" the strip that you can ride an atv, basically you can't ride within the city limits...so the closest to the strip I'm thinking would be Jean Dry Lake Bed...which is the Ca/Nv state line and about 35ish mins from the strip.

It will be about 100-115+ degrees out there for the next couple months...even throughout August it's over 105 on average and drops to the mid 90's around Sept...80's Oct...ect.

Jean Dry Lake Bed
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_4eda.htm
or
Nellis Dunes/Apex ~35min, desert, sand (this is where they went last time people came to town)
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/nevada_03287/ride_d962.htm

Here's the places you can ride an atv...

Amargosa Dunes ~1hr 20min, flat desert, dunes
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_7ce8.htm

Boulder City ~45 mins, just desert, small hills
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_8ae3.htm
Eldorado Dry Lake Bed, Boulder City ~45mins, flat desert, lake bed
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_e0f6.htm
Nelson Hills ~1hr, desert, hills, rocks...It says open for vehs and quads, but I think there is a lot of areas for a dirt bike and not quads/trucks etc.
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_3d5c.htm

Cold Creek/Wheelers Pass ~50mins mountains/forest, hills, rocks (in the mountains, so it's a little cooler than town by about 10-15 degrees)
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_336b.htm

Logandale Trails ~1hr, sand, flat desert, rock/gravel
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_971c.htm

there may be a few other little spots within an hour from the strip, but I can't think of them at the moment...
Old 06-17-2011, 04:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Your coming!!! End of story!!!
My quad will be in the toyhauler till mid Oct at the earliest! It's too damn hot to ride out here in the summer time...May-Oct we don't ride around here, we go to Utah lol.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #8

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Dang it! LOL.

I'm trying to get out of CALI to ride because of the Red Sticker. I've already been turned down twice with a warning. So I'm itching to ride.

Yeah, I'm not too interested in riding when its 90+. I have to wear full gear too? F That.

The state line at Jean is not bad at all. Its only 35miles from the hotels. Not bad.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
Dang it! LOL.

I'm trying to get out of CALI to ride because of the Red Sticker. I've already been turned down twice with a warning. So I'm itching to ride.

Yeah, I'm not too interested in riding when its 90+. I have to wear full gear too? F That.

The state line at Jean is not bad at all. Its only 35miles from the hotels. Not bad.
I get to ride straight out from my backyard. Yayee yayee!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #10

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I should come to you. LOL. I'm so JELLY!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Maybe I should come to you. LOL. I'm so JELLY!
Come on down bro!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #12

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Its so far! Where are you at again? Canada?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Its so far! Where are you at again? Canada?
Yeah thats aboot right!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #14

It will be over or in the 90's till about October...we have hit our 1st official 110 degree day of this year this week. It's still in the 90's at 10pm and no lower than mid 80's for our overnight summer low.

Mt Charleston/Cold Creek/Wheelers Pass is about the only place to go in the summer time and it's still in the high 80's to 90's, but it has trees so the shade helps.

The Jean Dry Lake bed is just flat open dirt and desert, so it would be HOT!! No shade and nothing to see and nowhere to go...people go there to learn to ride. Trucks go there after the rain to play in the mud.

We ride around here and in Cali from Oct-April, maybe May and then we head into Utah around Aug-Sept to ride...hardly ever ride in June or July ..that is Lake Mead time lol.

If you would really like to make a weekend out of atv's and trucks, Logandale after October would be the place to go...a complete mixture of trails, great for all types of trucks and atv's, nice scenery. Staging area with toilets and a picnic area, camping areas. Easy enough for beginners, but more interesting than all the other areas around town to ride desert trails. It's 45-60mins from town and borders the Valley of Fire State Park, can't ride in there, but it's a cool place to visit if you are in the area.

Trust me...I know it sucks to not be able to ride for months at a time!! We ride about twice a month in the winter, then suffer all summer .
Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #15
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
there was a dry lake bed right near "Sloan" (i guess its called that) its closer to LV than state line is, about 10-15 min from LV. plus i think aug. will be ok. no fun if no sun. but it will be hot, but its a dry heat. lol. so im down to go, but ill prob show late sat nite, sun, maybe stay till mon. that lake bed's got trails to the mountains very close by. we (vegas crew) raped a mud hole over there one afternoon. in fact, i think my sig pic is of that day. good fun.
so im down to go n meet up where/when ever u guys decide.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

... somewhere away from any mattresses.... JK JK! .
Old 06-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
there was a dry lake bed right near "Sloan" (i guess its called that) its closer to LV than state line is, about 10-15 min from LV. plus i think aug. will be ok. no fun if no sun. but it will be hot, but its a dry heat. lol. so im down to go, but ill prob show late sat nite, sun, maybe stay till mon. that lake bed's got trails to the mountains very close by. we (vegas crew) raped a mud hole over there one afternoon. in fact, i think my sig pic is of that day. good fun.
so im down to go n meet up where/when ever u guys decide.

I think that is the Jean Dry Lake Bed I posted above?? It's between Sloan and Jean, I think you can enter from Sloan or further down in Jean...these directions sound the same??
I posted it at about 35mins from the center of town since he just said 'the strip', but it's not that far from the southern edge of town.

From: Las Vegas, NV 1) Take I-15 south to Sloan Rd. Exit (exit 25) 2) Turn left (east) off the ramp, go under the overpass 3) At stop sign turn right (south), proceed approx. 9 miles 4) Turn left (south-east) at Four Star Aggregates sign (paved road), proceed approx. 2 3/4 mile 5) Look for white spray painted arrow on road pointing left (east). Follow to dry lake bed 6) Stage anywhere.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

So are we still going to do this or what? I know me and Ray talked about trying to do one when the weather starts to cool down so maybe September or October?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #19

im still down
Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
So are we still going to do this or what? I know me and Ray talked about trying to do one when the weather starts to cool down so maybe September or October?
You guys can come down October through about April with great weather...remember it doesn't snow here except in the mountains .
September is still a bit iffy on the temps, we don't start riding much sooner than the end of October..it's do-able, just depends what your plans end up being.