Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Off Road Trailer Build

Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #41
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the messy garage.

but I just hooked everything up and took it around he neighborhood. next I'm going to work on the shock mounts. I think I might use the tacoma shocks and make a small shock hoop in the trailer. Then I won't have to worry about maxing out the shocks.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #42
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
looking good!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #43
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, after killing a grinder and wounding my welder everything is up and running again.

Spent the last few days in the garage with my dad so things are starting to come together.

Got the little side things welded on so I can build the fenders off of those. and we got the shock mounts fabbed up...and One shock in place. I'm picking up the other one tomorrow.

We also started on the bucket. Got the frame all tacked in place. Now I just need to cut the floor piece and weld it in.

Things are really starting to pull together

I'll try and get some pictures later today
Old 06-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #45
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I met a Jeeper guy with his O.R. trailer rigged up with a driveline-tongue instead of a standard ball syle tounge. The trailer could twist like 80* or something without putting any stress on the receiver; twist in all directions, might be handy in severe approach/departure angles. Just a thought.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #46
vv I think it's growing

I got one of these. Makes it easy to hook up the trailer and basically gives it unlimited articulation (until the trailer tips over basically)

http://adventuretrailers.com/page/ac...s/max_coupler/

I can also jack knife the trailer 90* before it hits my bumper
Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #48
vv I think it's growing

got the floor tacked in today and I'm using the triangles that I cut off for the fenders.

Also got both shocks mounted.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #50
vv I think it's growing

nothing major since the last update but I've been tidying things up to get it ready for the bucket plating.

as you can see by my detailed drawings, it's starting to take shape

chrome dubs and ride hight. Bottom of the frame is about 2' 3"

Got the side markers mounted and I made the wire harness for when I do all the wiring. it'll pretty much just be plug and play.

added the rear hitch (not for towing, but for a bike rack or something)

It's all boxed and ready for plate.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #51
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. love it. Defenetly could use something like this for where i go camping.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #52
vv I think it's growing

Some updates.

No pictures yet, but i'll get them tomorrow.

Got the lid cut out
mounted mud flaps
framed out the access door on the side
got the right side body panel cut out and the front panel
fabricated the two side pieces for the tailgate
mounted the brake lights
framed the tailgate and just need to plate it
picked up some piano hinges, ordered a bunch of latches and weather stripping as well as the dampeners for the lid. Also got the safety chains, just need to mount them

Soon to come;
plate tailgate and mount it
fully weld floor, front panel and side panel
cut out the other side panel and weld that
cut static portion of the lid and weld it on
then fabricate the lid frame and such

Long term;
get the body skinned and fully welded (by that I mean stitch welded)
Finish fenders
mount tailgate and lid
wire the lights
instal latches
get this SOB registered
and painted
Then go test it!

Anyhow, sorry for the long post with no pictures
Old 07-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #53
vv I think it's growing

lights are wired in

turned out pretty nice

recycled mud flap

Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #54
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
comeing along very nicely. what guage plate did you use for the sides so far?

and do you have 0% humidity all day every day where you live or what??? when i built mine, anything not painted within the day would be rust the next
Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #55
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
good job man looks good so far
Old 07-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #56
vv I think it's growing

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
comeing along very nicely. what guage plate did you use for the sides so far?

and do you have 0% humidity all day every day where you live or what??? when i built mine, anything not painted within the day would be rust the next
16 ga. cold rolled. I wanted something little thinner than the floor to save weight.

and yes, tucson is known for 0% humidity. It has been a little humid recently because of the monsoons tho. But i've got a swamp cooler in the garage that keeps the air moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
good job man looks good so far
thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #57
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Matt are you making interior walls for it also?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #58
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
16 ga. cold rolled. I wanted something little thinner than the floor to save weight.

and yes, tucson is known for 0% humidity. It has been a little humid recently because of the monsoons tho. But i've got a swamp cooler in the garage that keeps the air moving.
nice. going back to the heavier stuff for the fenders or keeping those light as well?

i'm jealous of the 0% humidity. it's actually not bad on the coast of florida for it, but then you get salt from the ocean which just loves to turn things orange
Old 07-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #59
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh that is coming along real nice. I might look into building one of these as soon as I finish my other project (bobber build). Can't way to see the finished product.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #60
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
just making sure im not confused. your going to sell this once your done building it????