Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Possible Reno/Sparks, NV off road meet.

View Poll Results: What day would work best for you?
Saturday 3 14.29%
Sunday 3 14.29%
Either 14 66.67%
Both 4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Possible Reno/Sparks, NV off road meet.

Hi folks,
I was hoping to setup a Reno/Sparks, NV off road meet in the near future. There are lots TW members that list their location as NV, Reno, or Sparks. Anyone interested?
New thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...trail-run.html

Old 07-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004robert View Post
Hmm sounds like a good idea to me.
You didn't pick a day or days.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
LjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shedLjHarp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: SPC, B co DSTB 4ID
LjHarp's Tacoma Gallery
Id be interested if we can get enough people. Im currently having a engine problem but we could always do it more than once. I could show up to the meet on my streetbike before you all took off up the mountain. I live in the red rock area and their is a lot of trails in the area but nothing to challenging.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Bizarro is on a distinguished road

Name: Steffen
Bizarro's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wanted to do that, peavine is cool. Or up off coughlin parkway up in those hills at the top of mccarren. And we have 2 trucks to bring, this will be so much fun
Old 07-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested but I'm out of town until the the last week of August, unfortunately. If you end up doing a few trail runs I'd be in for a later date.

Could always make it a Toyota run, but its your run so... no worries.

I think Hunter Lake Trail either from the coughlin side or from Garson rd by boomtown would be a scenic, not too hard, trail to run. There are also lots of two-tracks around VC that would probably be fun. Dog Valley is another option.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like a great idea.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I'd be interested but I'm out of town until the the last week of August, unfortunately. If you end up doing a few trail runs I'd be in for a later date.

Could always make it a Toyota run, but its your run so... no worries.

I think Hunter Lake Trail either from the coughlin side or from Garson rd by boomtown would be a scenic, not too hard, trail to run. There are also lots of two-tracks around VC that would probably be fun. Dog Valley is another option.
1. It's not my run it's our run
2. I said I was open to sugestions. I just wanted to have some fun.
3. Don't want it too hard. I'm a noobie to 4x4s and some PreRunners have shown interest.
I've only lived were since '03 and bought my first 4x4 in January 2011 so am not familiar with good trail possibilities around here just listed the two places I've gone to play.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im down for one. It'd be nice to meet up with more guys from the area interested in wheelin
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Im down for one. It'd be nice to meet up with more guys from the area interested in wheelin
My thoughts exactly.
Sent 49 PMs to people that listed Reno or Sparks as location. Still have lots to send to people that listed Nevada yet to do.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
TACSNOW is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TACSNOW's Tacoma Gallery
I am totally in… but im kind of a poser and havent boughten a truck yet. Should be getting one in the next 2 months or so. Mostly on here researching and educating myself.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
TACSNOW is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TACSNOW's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone knows of a good deal on a 2nd gen dclb sport let me know btw! haha
Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #14
JESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Yes!! Peavine sounds great!!
Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #15
R.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: US Navy Seabees
Name: RJ
R.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACSNOW View Post
Will keep my eyes open!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds good Sat or Sun no problem for me.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #17
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
ROCKSLINGER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LjHarp View Post
Id be interested if we can get enough people. Im currently having a engine problem but we could always do it more than once. I could show up to the meet on my streetbike before you all took off up the mountain. I live in the red rock area and their is a lot of trails in the area but nothing to challenging.
What kind of engine problem are you having?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACSNOW View Post
I know of a badass extended cab for a good deal.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ma-v6-4x4.html
Old 07-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #18
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down. My summer schedule is tough to plan with, but if y'all pick a date I'll do my best to make it happen.

Any area is good with me. The Hunter Lake run might offer a good format for a group event, but Peavine/Moonrocks/VC/Dog V. are all good with me.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #19
Longtime Toyman

Did someone vote for just Sunday? Is it a dealbreaker or just prefered?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #20
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Carson City????

Hey, can a Carson City guy get in on this?????

The drive over Sunrise Pass from Minden to Yerington is a great ride.

Maybe pizza and beer after????