Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Reno/Sparks Trail Run

View Poll Results: Where do we want to go?
Peavine 0 0%
Off Pyramid just north of McCarran 0 0%
Moon Rocks off Pyramid & Winnemucca Ranch Road 0 0%
off Coughlin Parkway up in those hills at the top of McCarran 4 30.77%
Hunter Lake Trail 5 38.46%
Sunrise Pass from Minden to Yerington 2 15.38%
No choice 4Wheelin4Banger only 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #41
Jeepin456 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Jeepin456's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else have a prerunner that is going on the 6th? I am down to roll but don't want to be that one guy lol always getting the strap...
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #42
R.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: US Navy Seabees
Name: RJ
R.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Well it looks like Aug 6th works for most of us. Lets meet at Relentless Fabrications 1533 Greg St @ 9AM sound good?
Sounds good!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #43
JESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Mid Aug. good for me! Mid Sept. sound good!! also a run after the first snow falls
Old 07-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #44
JESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to behold

JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
I just want to roll!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #45

JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
8/6 not good for me! Working! Till 3pm,late after noon run about 4pm!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #46

JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Lets all make a run to Black Rock Desert in mid Sept!!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #47

JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
We can make it a over niter!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #48
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSMAN View Post
We can make it a over niter!
I'm in!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #49
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
That's just not fair!!

I may have to set up my audi, it's all wheel drive lol
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #50
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
That's just not fair!!

I may have to set up my audi, it's all wheel drive lol
What are you gonna do put your Taco wheels on it?

Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #51
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Read or reread first post it has been updated

Old 07-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #52
R.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.J. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: US Navy Seabees
Name: RJ
R.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Read or reread first post it has been updated
Looks good so far! Hope we can get some more to come out. I ran into guy with a Tacoma the other day and I mentioned the meet/run. He said he was off from work on Saturdays and he was interested! He's not a TW member, but I'll let him know the details.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #53
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
Looks good so far! Hope we can get some more to come out. I ran into guy with a Tacoma the other day and I mentioned the meet/run. He said he was off from work on Saturdays and he was interested! He's not a TW member, but I'll let him know the details.
Sounds good the more the merrier! I was hoping for more also.
Seems like alot of 4x4ers in town don't want to get thier Tacos dirty. They are washable.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #54
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol. I should put my snorkel on the audi too!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #55
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
Lol. I should put my snorkel on the audi too!
Only if you got fins on it.

What do you have? Brother inlaw brought his 2011 A6 Quatro up for the 4th. I was impressed with his 2000 A6 Quatro and the new one just blows it away. Smaller more powerful turbo engine that gets beter MPGs. And I didn't think it was possible but better handling. Holy F'ing Shit!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 AM   #56
Bizarro is on a distinguished road

Name: Steffen
Bizarro's Tacoma Gallery
To jeepin456... I'm gonna bring my 07 TRD sport, so you wont be alone. And I wanna bring my 83, but my wife is working that day so I don't have an extra driver.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #57
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only if you got fins on it.

What do you have? Brother inlaw brought his 2011 A6 Quatro up for the 4th. I was impressed with his 2000 A6 Quatro and the new one just blows it away. Smaller more powerful turbo engine that gets beter MPGs. And I didn't think it was possible but better handling. Holy F'ing Shit!
He has a black S4, not sure of the year but Its a pretty nice car.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #58
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How about high rock canyon?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #59

JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
HRC is where? I'm in!!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #60
Expedition Style

Ok guys just wanted to update the thread on the status of HLT as there has been lots of talk locally.

This last weekend a group of 30 Local 4x4 guys including myself ran HLT in its entirety. Due to the amazing amount of snow we received, several people were saying that this trail is no longer a "stocker" friendly trail. So here is my 2 cents.

I have a moderatly well equiped 4x4 and had no issues on this trail. I aired down my tires and remained in 2x4 the entire trail. At no point did I need to use 4x4. There are several areas on the Caughlin side that could be "challenging" for those who are looking to "play". In a couple spots we had a guy roll over but only because he was attempting to "play" in an extremely hard part far from the trail it self.

Once you get past the top area, there are a few spots that you may need spotting if your running a stock truck. One of the people with us had a stock jeep with no lift or anything and he did ok with some spotting. No one had any trail damage but there are a few area's that have low overhanging branches that will touch your truck.

Coming down the caughlin side there are some rocks that will need negotiation and with the correct lines it shouldnt be an issue for a tacoma.

Things I would highly recommend bringing (group consensus) are going to be lots of water. Its bone dry up at the "lake" so do excpect any water for dogs or your self. Also there were a god awful amount of mosquitos so bug spray is a must!!!

I would also recommend that those of you who dont have spare tires consider them. And as usual the normal recovery kit is required.

There are a few area's that if you get stuck, due to the tight nature of the trail, having proper recovery points is key. On this run we did not a single person was stuck or gained any damage that wasnt trying to get stuck or mess around. The 2 people that did get damage were off trail, doing stupid things.

Here is a link to the Local 4x4 report. Has great pics and video.

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...port...7-24-11