Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Driving on ski hills?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Bajones is a jewel in the roughBajones is a jewel in the roughBajones is a jewel in the rough
Bajones's Tacoma Gallery
Driving on ski hills?

I was driving up Keystone Gulch today and was told to turn around by one of their security/mtn. ops guys. It wasn't a huge deal since the trail is pretty boring (except for the views) and I found a better trail anyhow. Still, this is forest service land and I'm upset on principle. This is listed on the FS website as a legal off-highway trail and I've driven through many ski areas before with no trouble. Anyone else get flak from a ski area employee? I do understand that there are certain caveats, i.e. ongoing mtn. operations, emergencies, etc., but this wasn't explained to me - I was simply told to leave.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
if it's an established FS road then i don't see why you couldn't be on it as long as there are no gates closed. you could ask Dark Knight on here as he works with Keystone, but i don't think they have any authority to tell you to leave a forest service road.