1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trusted Mechanic/Shop in UTAH?

Discussion in 'South West' started by ToyotaNovice, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Oct 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    ToyotaNovice

ToyotaNovice [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Double Cab
    Alright, I live in Northern Utah and I need to know if anybody out there lives in Utah that knows of a shop/dealership/mechanic that can be trusted and knows what they're talking about?!

There are a number of things on my truck that I want checked out and serviced. For instance, I have a supercharger...but does it need to be serviced ever or tuned up? Also, I've got 64,000 miles on it and my check engine light is coming on with a P040 catalytic converter code...it shouldn't be the cats going bad so soon should it?? Different places have told me different things and all at different prices...

I'd like to make sure my truck is performing at it's best and I'd like to know some other steps to take to make it better. Need somebody to steer me in the right direction.
    Anybody live in Northern Utah and know of a good place for tune ups and such??
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    TROKITA

TROKITA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma TRD supercharged
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    i live in utah valley but honestly the best way that your going to get info is probably this forum. by posting the problems and having people here talk about it. and yourself, i've done everything to my truck because i really cant trust anybody. There to expensive and they just want to get money and get the job done and be ready for the next customer. So if i were you ill just figure it out on my own. its better for your truck and your pocket.

3. Oct 16, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    ToyotaNovice

ToyotaNovice [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Double Cab
    Thanks for the reply. I agree, this forum is my best tool for the answers I'm looking for. It's been a huge help ever since I joined it. It's been way more helpful than any mechanic I've taken my truck to, and I know I'm not being jerked around. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person so some stuff is over my head but I've learned a lot about my truck from this forum. TW is addicting.

4. Oct 16, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    TROKITA

TROKITA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma TRD supercharged
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    no problem :) and ya it is addicting

Products Discussed in

To Top