Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Few 2012 access cab, TRDs, manual trans in the SW

Old 11-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
shackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: WO1, Vietnam, 3rd Marines/ 1st Marine Brigade
Name: Steve
shackley's Tacoma Gallery
Few 2012 access cab, TRDs, manual trans in the SW

I'm trying to upgrade to a new 2012 access cab, TRD, V-6, manual tran. in Albuquerque, but San Antonio seems to be producing mostly auto. Double Cabs. Maybe the profit margin is better, and/or no one is interested in manual trans. anymore. In 2009 when I got my 2.4L Tacoma SR5 (I want a V-6 TRD now), there were many manual trans. Tacomas. Anyone know what's happening marketing wise?

Steve
Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
At our last meet, 3 trucks out of 9 total had manual transmissions, and 2 of those were 1st-gen. I imagine that it will be harder and harder to find manuals anymore.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackley View Post
I found a 2012 Spruce Mica TRD Off-road at Beaver Toyota in Santa Fe. No more 4 cyl. Tacoma for me. They gave me a good deal on my 2009 SR5 4 cyl. with 51,000 mi.

Steve S
Sounds good, Steve. I wish I had a V6.

Hey; thanks for your service to our country, Steve. You must be older than me, and I'm 53. The young guys on the NM BS forum are a pretty good bunch, though, I gotta say.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
shackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: WO1, Vietnam, 3rd Marines/ 1st Marine Brigade
Name: Steve
shackley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigger View Post
Sounds good, Steve. I wish I had a V6.

Hey; thanks for your service to our country, Steve. You must be older than me, and I'm 53. The young guys on the NM BS forum are a pretty good bunch, though, I gotta say.
You're welcome. Drafted in 1968, stayed in 6 years, plus two reserve, made WO1. Used the GI Bill, got my Ph.D. in 1989, and taught at Berkeley for 21 years. I was the faculty adviser to the campus Vet group. A good bunch of young guys out of Iraq and Afghanistan using their GI Bill.

Now "retired" in New Mexico.

Steve