Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Any one in the Elko County, Nevada area know of any descent shops to install a lift?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Question Any one in the Elko County, Nevada area know of any descent shops to install a lift?

I'm looking for descent shop to get my lift installed in or near Elko County but the problem is I have all the parts already and all the places I call say they don't do outside work. It's a liability issue they say which I can understand. Can any one help me out?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Any thoughts on attempting it yourself? Will a full day, an extra set of helping hands, and some help from TW, i'm willing to bet you can complete this task
Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unhappy

Yeah thats what I might have to do. I'm just not sure if I have all the tools and equipment needed to get the job done though.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you got a socket set and some wrenches you'll be fine. You'll also need some Clamps to do the AAL. Did you get coilovers, or just front coils?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.

I got the OME 885 coils for the front.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
╒╪╕

the other hassle for you will probably be finding someone to put the coils on the 5100's for the front. other than that, it's all cake.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.

Yeah don't you need something to compress the springs? Atleast thats what I've heard.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #8
╒╪╕

Yah, you need spring compressors. Even if you have these tools it's a HUGE pain in the ass to tackle. I tried it myself and said F* it after doing one side. I took the other side to my buddys shop and had him do it for me. lol
Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.

Question

Hmmm. I wonder if I just took it to a shop if they could do it for me? Hey how do you take off that clip around the front 5100's to adjust the height?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
╒╪╕

You could probably take it to a shop maybe offer one of the mechanics a couple bucks or a 6 pack to assemble them for you. I'm not sure what the easiest way to take that clip off would be. I left mine on the lowest setting. You shouldn't have to adjust yours either..
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Question

Um I think mine are on the 3rd section or 2nd section whatever way you want to look at it. Not for sure though. So if someone agrees to assemble those, do they have to do any adjusting on-the-spot, or are they good to go?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
╒╪╕

Just make sure the clip is on the lowest / stock setting. other than that they should be ready to assemble
Old 12-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Angry

Yeah copy that. I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. All my stuff is just sitting there and its friggin bugging me!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
╒╪╕

U know what I did... I splt my install up between 2 days. I did the rear AAL install within a couple hours on a thursday after work, then friday after work it took my a couple hours to do the front.

It was weird driving around town with rear jacked up lol
Old 12-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Talking

Well I might be in luck! Talked to a guy I know today and says he's got a buddy that owns a shop that does all kinds of work. I'm going to give him a call tomorrow or the day after to see what he's got to say!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #16
╒╪╕

Cool.. good luck with it
Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Smile

Well my buddies going to call his buddy at his shop tomorrow to see if he will do the lift and all the other stuff! Friggin hope he does and for a decent price too!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #18
╒╪╕

Nice
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.

Question

Just talked to the guy and he said around $600 for everything. Front coils, rear AAL's, swap with 5100's all around, UCA's, wheels and tires balanced and mounted, and the final alignment after the lifts complete. What do you guys think?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #20
╒╪╕

I would do the work myself and save myself $600, IMHO!

...except the tires, wheels, alignment of course..