Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Anyone wanting a lift installed????

Old 12-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
wow, cool deal guys. Props to Will and Chris!
im going to be ditching my front spacer lift for some 5100s with 885's and i can take pics and stuff when i do mine. hopefully in the next 2 weeks. i can do a write up for installing the spacer lift as i take mine off, then do one for the 5100s as i install them. i'll probably be doing an AAL too and i can show how a block is installed under the rear end at the same time too.
that will be a pretty good write up there man!!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
wow, cool deal guys. Props to Will and Chris!
im going to be ditching my front spacer lift for some 5100s with 885's and i can take pics and stuff when i do mine. hopefully in the next 2 weeks. i can do a write up for installing the spacer lift as i take mine off, then do one for the 5100s as i install them. i'll probably be doing an AAL too and i can show how a block is installed under the rear end at the same time too.
That might just cover it. Maybe, we all can install different lifts, so as to cover all the bases.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #24
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
That might just cover it. Maybe, we all can install different lifts, so as to cover all the bases.
im up for installing whatever lift whoever wants, and doing a write up for it(either myself, or whoever the truck being lifted belongs to), and even if we have a few of the same lifts reviewed or whatever.....there still may be something that wasnt really discussed as much on one lift as there is on another lift install..........and then for sure everything will be covered that way.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im up for installing whatever lift whoever wants, and doing a write up for it(either myself, or whoever the truck being lifted belongs to), and even if we have a few of the same lifts reviewed or whatever.....there still may be something that wasnt really discussed as much on one lift as there is on another lift install..........and then for sure everything will be covered that way.
True!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #26
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, i'll try to be as thorough as i can when doing it so as to all the bases but for sure, if you guys can get some other lifts and do some write ups on them, or even just do more on the same, im sure many will find it really helpful.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #27
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and you never know whos gonna have a little trick or something up their sleeve that will help someone else out
Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
and you never know whos gonna have a little trick or something up their sleeve that will help someone else out
this is very true...............like your idea about using my bottle jack on my front suspension.........idea guy!!!

and jeff(tigerfan) already knows i dont charge anything for doing work on a truck or car(unless you happen to be my aunt.....and its only cause i dont like her)..................i just like working on stuff!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #29
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
this is very true...............like your idea about using my bottle jack on my front suspension.........idea guy!!!

and jeff(tigerfan) already knows i dont charge anything for doing work on a truck or car(unless you happen to be my aunt.....and its only cause i dont like her)..................i just like working on stuff!!!
that wasnt my idea...i stole it from the guy who taught me how to do my suspension

Old 12-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #30

Quote:
that wasnt my idea...i stole it from the guy who taught me how to do my suspension

yeah.........but you used the idea while we were workin on my truck.................therefore it was your idea at the time!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #31

Quote:

And he probably stole it from me when I did it in 2000.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #32
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
And he probably stole it from me when I did it in 2000.

quite possibly...its a fairly popular concept...just not well known to people new to suspension work
Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #33

Quote:
quite possibly...its a fairly popular concept...just not well known to people new to suspension work
Yep.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #35
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
How about a detailed write up on a stage II fabtech 6" lift? More of a challenge....

And, what's the "bottle jack trick"?
the bottle jack trick is where you turn the jack upside down between the fenderwell and the upper control arm to jack the spindle down so to speak...it makes it easier to squeeze a coilover in
Old 12-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #36
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the bottle jack trick is where you turn the jack upside down between the fenderwell and the upper control arm to jack the spindle down so to speak...it makes it easier to squeeze a coilover in
Ah ha! That would make it easier...

If I have to take my coilovers out again for adjustment, I'll remember this. Because it was pretty tough to get them out without taking off the UCA...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #37
Look at my member
crawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the rough

crawfishsoul's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Chris - I'm still a few months out from buying my lift but I would love to be a fly on the wall when you do a lift or two. I'll be happy to bring my camera and help with the writeup just for the learning experience.

I'm also pretty good at holding a trouble light, gophering for tools, refilling beers and staying out of the way. Yeah, that's how I roll.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #38
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishsoul View Post
Hey Chris - I'm still a few months out from buying my lift but I would love to be a fly on the wall when you do a lift or two. I'll be happy to bring my camera and help with the writeup just for the learning experience.

I'm also pretty good at holding a trouble light, gophering for tools, refilling beers and staying out of the way. Yeah, that's how I roll.

WOOHOO! Beer bitch!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #39
Banned
allupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of lightallupinsydeyou is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
allupinsydeyou's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha well shit... if need be.. i will offer ONE install in so cal free of charge... buy the lift and the beer... if yall need a writeup and whatnot... im down to help out.

this excludes LT installs... i will be more than happy to install a long travel system for a discounted price for yota owners... but i will not be installing a free LT system.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #40
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishsoul View Post

Ha, that about sums up my mechanical skills.