Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Anyone wanting a lift installed????

Old 12-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #41
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishsoul View Post
Hey Chris - I'm still a few months out from buying my lift but I would love to be a fly on the wall when you do a lift or two. I'll be happy to bring my camera and help with the writeup just for the learning experience.

I'm also pretty good at holding a trouble light, gophering for tools, refilling beers and staying out of the way. Yeah, that's how I roll.
Sounds good! An extra hand never hurts. You'll need to keep me posted on when you get your lift, and I can help you with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Ha, that about sums up my mechanical skills.
Naw. You helped with your FLM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #43
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
It brings a tear to my eye knowing we can all get along when there is a common goal. The South Carolina offers are great to keep in the back pocket. I've done lifts and custom work before,(my own). I had a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Laramie that I lifted and duded up and took 2nd place in a Connecticut All-Mopar show. Now with my relocating to SC my work space is gone.

The times we live in now have put a whoa-up on spending. Just keeping an eye on the future. That rainy day is here.

I'd love to sit in and help/wrench/parts-pizza bitch or whatever.

(kinda off topic but....) Tigerfan.....what do you know about West Wateree Off-Road here in the neighborhood? Just asking the question. I see it on the frontage road and just have the curiousity.

Count me in if we have a victim er.....ummmmm, I mean participant.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #44
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
It brings a tear to my eye knowing we can all get along when there is a common goal. The South Carolina offers are great to keep in the back pocket. I've done lifts and custom work before,(my own). I had a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Laramie that I lifted and duded up and took 2nd place in a Connecticut All-Mopar show. Now with my relocating to SC my work space is gone.

The times we live in now have put a whoa-up on spending. Just keeping an eye on the future. That rainy day is here.

I'd love to sit in and help/wrench/parts-pizza bitch or whatever.

(kinda off topic but....) Tigerfan.....what do you know about West Wateree Off-Road here in the neighborhood? Just asking the question. I see it on the frontage road and just have the curiousity.

Count me in if we have a victim er.....ummmmm, I mean participant.
WWOR are good guys...and they wheel their junk hard...and some of them are personal friends of either myself or other friends of mine...but they charge a LOT for a lot of things...ive never had any work done there but they wanted like $300 just to weld a set of preassembled sliders to my truck...i did get a good price on some tires there once...
Old 12-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #45
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Thank you....
Old 12-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #46
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like a great idea....
i'd love to give yall a hand, nice to work on somebody else's truck for once
Old 12-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #47
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
This sounds like a great idea....
i'd love to give yall a hand, nice to work on somebody else's truck for once
Well, as the time draws nearer, I will post up for a "Wrench-O-thon" and we can see where we will do it, and who will attend. Right now, It looks like Jason.harris wil be the one who gets the lift installed for the write up. I have been in contact with him and he thinks it will be in January. He's gonna get ahold of me when all the parts arrive.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #48
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Well, as the time draws nearer, I will post up for a "Wrench-O-thon" and we can see where we will do it, and who will attend. Right now, It looks like Jason.harris wil be the one who gets the lift installed for the write up. I have been in contact with him and he thinks it will be in January. He's gonna get ahold of me when all the parts arrive.
I'll bring the homemade spring compressor!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #49

Quote:
I'll bring the homemade spring compressor!
Only to look at!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #50

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only to look at!

ohh it works alot better than the rental, (which is why it was made). I'll snap a picture for ya sometime.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #51

Quote:
ohh it works alot better than the rental, (which is why it was made). I'll snap a picture for ya sometime.
Yeah, well I dont use rentals. If I cant use one on a wall of my friends shop, the installee pays Pep Boys for a spring install. I have seen these springs blow apart, and its not pretty.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #52

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, well I dont use rentals. If I cant use one on a wall of my friends shop, the installee pays Pep Boys for a spring install. I have seen these springs blow apart, and its not pretty.
it's defiantly not pretty... on the wall is the way to go
Old 12-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I'm looking forward to see the write up on this (if not in person).
you gotta be there, Man!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #56
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome what you're offering chris, i was wondering next time you do a lift, you could let me know so i could maybe check it out and learn some things, kind of a newbie and was hoping to eventually lift my truck
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #57
BKurpis is on a distinguished road
BKurpis's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take a lift for my truck

I'm in the SC area,I'll take you up on it
Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #58
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKurpis View Post
I'm in the SC area,I'll take you up on it
sweet!!! you provide the beer and food.............me and jeff(tigerfan00) will knock it out for ya!! you will need to get pics too for a good writeup!!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #59
NorCal Rock Whore
Killer Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Whatsurname
Killer Red Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Shit guys while all you arizona guys put that lift on you can build a man fort at the same time. Great deal, fyi don't be buying any cheap beer for the install, get the good stuff.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
Thats awesome what you're offering chris, i was wondering next time you do a lift, you could let me know so i could maybe check it out and learn some things, kind of a newbie and was hoping to eventually lift my truck
Absolutly! Keep an eye out for the date of the instal. I think there is going to be a few people helping out and learning about their truck. The more the merrier!
Also, If you have any questions or need something done on your truck, let me know, and maybe I can help.