Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Colorado ppl I need your advice

Old 03-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
rlew is on a distinguished road
rlew's Tacoma Gallery
I am not from CO but I go as often as I can. I have backpacked the Weminuchee twice and loved it. Did some fishing while on those trips. The high mountain lakes are okay. I went with a guide once off HWY 550 between Durango and Silverton on a little creek. Fish were not huge but we had a great time. We walked the creek south to north and caught a lot of med sized trout. I would love to do it again.

The creek was off Lime Creek Road or Forest Service Road 591. We turned off 550 on the north end of the road and drove several miles south. The creek is on the east side of the road. We then walked north on the creek for a couple of miles.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
How far SW were you looking at? I grew up in Rye, there's places like Orphar Creek which is awesome to hike, fish, camp. Very secluded.

Or if you're looking more like the Durango area, I haven't fished or hiked around there.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
San Juan River, Piedra River, Animas River, La Plata River .. all good stuff.

http://www.cmcflyfish.org/co_river_summaries_pg3.htm
Old 06-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Which side of the mountains in CO?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
jhyoung is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
jhyoung's Tacoma Gallery
Come on over to SW CO!
I am in Telluride and have spent a lot of time on the Dolores and the San Miguel both smaller fun trout rivers however rafting season is drawing to a quick close without a great snow pack. There is also some good fishing flatwater around if you have a float... As far as backpacking goes your best bet is to consult a guide and figure out what you would like as I just normally dont plan and just go. There is some good camping around Telluride and South to Dolores Along with some intermediate offroading as there is plenty of BLM Land.

Hope you make it up!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
rlew is on a distinguished road
rlew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhyoung View Post
Come on over to SW CO!
I am in Telluride and have spent a lot of time on the Dolores and the San Miguel both smaller fun trout rivers however rafting season is drawing to a quick close without a great snow pack. There is also some good fishing flatwater around if you have a float... As far as backpacking goes your best bet is to consult a guide and figure out what you would like as I just normally dont plan and just go. There is some good camping around Telluride and South to Dolores Along with some intermediate offroading as there is plenty of BLM Land.

Hope you make it up!
I will be there 8/24 through the 30th/31st. Can't wait to get back.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Post here:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ml#post5260204
and you will get a better response from people.
I dont know anything south. I am a north sider.