12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Look at my member
AZ Off-roaders: BLM seeks public input on Table Mesa area
I also posted this in Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails, if double posting is no-no please delete this post mods.
Wanted to get the word out since this is the first I've heard of this and time is running out to have your say.
November 24th, 2008
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is asking the public for input on what types of recreational uses and road access should be taken into consideration for future management of the “Table Mesa Recreation Area,” located about 35 miles north of Phoenix between I-17 and the northeast end of Lake Pleasant.
Some issues to consider are:
The input will assist the BLM in development of a Recreation Activity Plan/Travel Management Plan and Environmental Assessment.
- Are there roads you would like to see closed or opened, and why?
- Can you identify areas that are best for off-road vehicles, horseback riding, hiking, or other uses?
- Should areas be provided for safe target shooting?
- What access points should be provided for recreation areas?
- Are there needs for additional parking/trailheads?
- What private property access issues need to be considered?
- Are there valid existing rights that need to be considered?
- What other issues for the area are important to you?
Written comments can be submitted from now through December 20 via e-mail to AZ_PDO_Routes@BLM.gov.