Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Northern Utah Stock-Friendly Trails???

Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Northern Utah Stock-Friendly Trails???

Hey everyone! Just curious if anyone knows of some light trails I can take my Taco PreRunner on to get a little dirty??? I'm located in Ogden so anywhere nearby would be great. Any ideas???

PreRunner = 2WD + Stockish-Friendly
Old 03-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone? PreRunner/Stockish friendly places to get off road??
Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
When I lived in Utah we just headed to the hills and drove around the trails, ever try just "exploring"
Old 03-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
When I lived in Utah we just headed to the hills and drove around the trails, ever try just "exploring"
Tempted to try it but I don't wanna get stuck somewhere and end up being in a very dangerous situation.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Your title is a little misleading. Not that I have spent any time in Utah but like SnowroxKT said, just go explore. Grab a couple of friends who have trucks and get a sense of adventure. My first time off roading, I saw some mud ruts, not too deep, just really long on a trail that I had no clue where they led too. Halfway through I decided that the mud was getting thicker and I needed to turnaround but couldn't. Got stuck and had to call for help. It took me a total of 6 months to explore everywhere possible on that stretch of land before a cop told me that it was about to be illegal due to construction. I have no clue what your area is like but search google maps for open fields and ask drive around town for where people have made trails.

Search for legal spots as well. Make sure you don't get stuck and have a cop charge you with trespassing.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Tempted to try it but I don't wanna get stuck somewhere and end up being in a very dangerous situation.
Get some recovery tools then

Or get recovery tools and a friend or two.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Haha got it! Thanks for the advice guys. I'll definitely "explore" once this snow is gone and it warms up
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
i just took mine out to bountiful off 400 , there are some friendly trails up there plus a place that's quite fun splash around in. It was my first time doing that in my own truck and now I NEED to lift it and put some meaner tires on it.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
When the snow is gone you should do Skyline. It goes from Farminton to Bountiful that is very Pre-Runner friendly and has great views.

However you might only be able to do the Bountiful part since last I heard Farmington Canyon is closed due to mud slides from a year ago.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I drove out to the Bountiful entrance a couple weeks ago with my girls 4Runner to go check it out. Not too sure if my truck can handle it. May just have to wait til I get a buddy with a 4x4 and recovery gear that could come with just in case anything happens.

Anybody ever drive through old towns in the middle of nowhere here where there's nothing but dirt trails or something?

Tried looking up ghost towns and been google mapping areas like Corinne, Kelton, and Lucin out in Box Elder County.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ut/ut.html
Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet! I drove out to the Bountiful entrance a couple weeks ago with my girls 4Runner to go check it out. Not too sure if my truck can handle it. May just have to wait til I get a buddy with a 4x4 and recovery gear that could come with just in case anything happens.

Anybody ever drive through old towns in the middle of nowhere here where there's nothing but dirt trails or something?

Tried looking up ghost towns and been google mapping areas like Corinne, Kelton, and Lucin out in Box Elder County.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ut/ut.html
I know when the snow melts I do want to drive up to the observation area you can see from layton. I don't think that road would be too bad in the summer.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You would be fine on Skyline (after it’s open and snow isgone), I’ve seen cars and minvans on that road. You could play around up above the B but I wouldn’t go past the first top playground without a 4wd.

Old ghost towns and mines are fun to explore you should checkout some of the old Pony Express trails out in the west desert they are 2wd friendly.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'll definitely have to check em out this summer. I've got a quick question though, at the Bountiful entrance to Skyline, when you drive past the last houses and come to the parking lot area would it be best to go LEFT on what looked paved or RIGHT which looked like a steep dirt road (saw atv's going up)???

And what type of terrain would I expect after following each of those?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
Bro do you even 'Merica?

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I'll definitely have to check em out this summer. I've got a quick question though, at the Bountiful entrance to Skyline, when you drive past the last houses and come to the parking lot area would it be best to go LEFT on what looked paved or RIGHT which looked like a steep dirt road (saw atv's going up)???

I haven't taken a left..but that road looks like it goes around the whole mountain. If you go up that hill where you saw the atvs, there is a little plateau up there with some mud holes and a few ruts. You'll be fine up there, just watch how you hit some of those puddles. PM me if you want to know more. That being said..that is the only place I've taken mine and am looking for more.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #15

Quote:

If you take that paved looking road that is Skyline Drive, it's a road that goes from the B to Farmington. It's a great summer drive to escape the heat in the summer. It's defiantly 2wd friendly.

If you go to the back of that parking lot at the B (east) the trail goes up above the B to some mud pits and small obstacles fun to play around in but I wouldn't go above that first level without a 4wd. Maybe I'm older and wiser now but I wouldn't go above that now. Back when I was high school with my Jeep I would go up there all the time but to me it seems like a lot of the road on the side of the hill has washed out.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
SLC area trails

Quote:
Anyone? PreRunner/Stockish friendly places to get off road??
I've got a stock height 2003 Tacoma, and am definitely down to mob around with ya! 5 Mile Pass is way fun, I heard there are some trails out by Tooila as well.

Just got my Tacoma and none of my friends have trucks, so I'm always game to hit up some trails around Northern Utah

PM me if you want to meet up sometime