Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Reno and surrounding areas: Official spotted, BS, and meets thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #2881
Cloudmaster will become famous soon enoughCloudmaster will become famous soon enough
Name: Dustin
Cloudmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
On that very trip to Oregon.
Well congrats on the engagement... Do you know of any online resources for those trails up there? I've tried searching online but haven found a lot of info on these trails.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #2882
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Theres an Oregon meets/trail run thread that has some pics and info, I can also probably answer most anything you could need to know. What in particular would you like to know/see?
I also have a trail map of all the trails there, and can even recommend trails and routes based on your truck's build and your skill level. Most important thing to have for the trails there is a mild lift, a set of rock sliders and some skids. I can guarantee sliders being used a fair bit both on rocks as well as tree stumps along the trail sides. And skids would get a work out depending on the lines you take and/or the trails you run.
Many of the trails there are very tight between trees, so knowing the size and maneuverability of your truck is important.
Often, the harder trails have bypasses you can take- Archers firebreak for instance. It contains a dozen or so sections of trail along a mountain ridge where a forest service road snakes along. The trail jumps along a section, meets and crosses the road to the next section and so on. So if theres a hard section, take the road around and rejoin the group on the other end of the section of trail
Old 08-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #2883
Cloudmaster will become famous soon enoughCloudmaster will become famous soon enough
I think one of the biggest things is not really knowing the area. Any recommendations that you have are welcomed. As for my truck build up front I have the OME 9000's with 886 coils and in the rear the Dakar spring pack, tire size is 285/70/16 as for armor relentless front bumper and I do have sliders. I will probably get a set of skids from you before I go up there and a couple of other little things. Is there any way I can get a copy of that trail map? What trails would you recommend?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #2884
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
His set up is pretty sweet.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:02 AM   #2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
His set up is pretty sweet.
Thanks Tj, I owe it to you most of the stuff I have came off your truck.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #2886
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Been awhile, anyone down to meet up soon, Food & Drinks?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #2887
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
Been awhile, anyone down to meet up soon, Food & Drinks?
When ya thinking?
Old 08-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #2888
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone interested in a Bose Acoustimass system? I'm selling mine.
TW gets special pricing.

http://reno.craigslist.org/ele/4605034716.html
Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #2889
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
When ya thinking?
Whenever is convenient to the masses.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #2890
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
Whenever is convient to the masses.
Alright masses, what say ye?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #2891
stickyTaco will become famous soon enoughstickyTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Zack
stickyTaco's Tacoma Gallery

la0d0g, please find a different route to and from work...every time I see your truck it reminds me I need sliders, skid plates, a lift, and tint on the front windows
Old 08-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #2892

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyTaco View Post
la0d0g, please find a different route to and from work...every time I see your truck it reminds me I need sliders, skid plates, a lift, and tint on the front windows
^
Lolz
Old 08-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #2893
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudmaster View Post
I think one of the biggest things is not really knowing the area. Any recommendations that you have are welcomed. As for my truck build up front I have the OME 9000's with 886 coils and in the rear the Dakar spring pack, tire size is 285/70/16 as for armor relentless front bumper and I do have sliders. I will probably get a set of skids from you before I go up there and a couple of other little things. Is there any way I can get a copy of that trail map? What trails would you recommend?
Maps can be had from the Forest service, they're folding and get quite large so I cant really copy mine for you. If you're around Reno I'd be happy to show you the map and talk you through some of the trails and what to expect on them as well as anything else regarding the trip.

Heres what the trails look like:

Hard trails often have 'gate keepers' at the start to keep rigs out that dont have business being in there

And you can see another in the back ground of this pic
Old 08-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #2894
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

/\ That looks awesome.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #2895

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where do we pass? Throw out a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post

Looks like a fun time!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #2896
stickyTaco will become famous soon enoughstickyTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Zack
stickyTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Where do we pass? Throw out a

It seems like I end up seeing you between plumas and kietzke. I commute the same direction as you. I'll get your attention next time...MGM double cab with a shell and rack.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #2897

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It seems like I end up seeing you between plumas and kietzke. I commute the same direction as you. I'll get your attention next time...MGM double cab with a shell and rack.
toot toot
Old 08-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #2898
[QUOTE=RelentlessTaco;9010440]Maps can be had from the Forest service, they're folding and get quite large so I cant really copy mine for you. If you're around Reno I'd be happy to show you the map and talk you through some of the trails and what to expect on them as well as anything else regarding the trip.

Thanks a lot for the pictures it helped out quite a bit. Defiantly going to make that event or the weekend after, next time I'm in Reno hopefully next Friday I'll stop buy pick up a few things and we can go over the map. I found the OHV guide for TNF and it looks like there are quite a few trails to run up there.

Would anyone be willing to make the trip to Oregon for that event or the next weekend? Owen said he has some interest in it.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #2899
I'm your huckleberry

Anyone going to be in Carson this week? check out an fj60 for me?

And opinion time.

95 FZJ80, 234k miles, pretty clean, no lockers. I know the guy who bought it new, then gave it to his daughter who currently owns it.
85 FJ60, 217k miles, needs a few items, ujoints, possibly clutch, PS pump. currently a DD.
80 pickup. 20R, 5sp, small lift, new tires, shell. (haven't seen pictures yet, and forgot to ask mileage)

All basically same price.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #2900
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
badass Eric

Products Discussed in this Thread