Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Reno and surrounding areas: Official spotted, BS, and meets thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #1421
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone ran Genoa Peak trail from Kingsbury to Spooner (or vice-versa)?
I've ran it both directions and was just curious how long it takes a non-LT dumbass to run it.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #1422
TahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
TahoeChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Has anyone ran Genoa Peak trail from Kingsbury to Spooner (or vice-versa)?
I've ran it both directions and was just curious how long it takes a non-LT dumbass to run it.
I've done spooner to kingsbury once. With dicking around and checking some shit out it was 2 hours I think. How long did it take you?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #1423
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeChris View Post
I've done spooner to kingsbury once. With dicking around and checking some shit out it was 2 hours I think. How long did it take you?
According to the go-pro....28 minutes.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #1424
TahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
TahoeChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
According to the go-pro....28 minutes.
There is another trail off Donna as you go up N.bejamin. It connects back to genoa peak trail or you can take it all the way down to the valley. Haven't done that one yet. Have you gone up twin peaks yet? And I want to see the video
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #1425
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeChris View Post
There is another trail off Donna as you go up N.bejamin. It connects back to genoa peak trail or you can take it all the way down to the valley. Haven't done that one yet. Have you gone up twin peaks yet? And I want to see the video
When I ran it Spooner to Kingsbury I took a wrong turn and accidentally ended up dropping onto the trail that opens up onto Donna. I do remember seeing another split that may have gone down to the valley. Have not done twin peaks.

Here's a snippet of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O7QRJJGx8hE
Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #1426
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
where are you finding all these trails? Map? website? I cant find anything online unless i am not looking up the right thing
Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #1427
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
where are you finding all these trails? Map? website? I cant find anything online unless i am not looking up the right thing
A few months ago I stopped by the Welcome Center just north of SLT. They had a few free maps. Also got some from the Forestry Department. I paid for one map they had at the Forestry Department that actually shows quite a bit of detail, its the Humbolt-Toiyabe National Forests Carson Ranger District. And also...I just stumble across trails while out exploring around. Some end up ok, some suck.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #1428
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this link has good info on the trail and many pictures. also you can hit the map and it will give you detailed directions and where the camp sites are along with staging area.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_231b.htm
Old 06-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #1430
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
LOL found a FB group that bitches about parking jobs.

Someone got caught!

To be honest half the shit on the page makes me question if the poster is retarded and not the owner of the vehicle in the picture.

Like oh no! Someone parked crooked and stayed inside the lines! Dildos.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #1431
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post

Someone got caught!

To be honest half the shit on the page makes me question if the poster is retarded and not the owner of the vehicle in the picture.

Like a fucking boss!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #1432
04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Corrections
Name: Robert
04tacomarob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When I ran it Spooner to Kingsbury I took a wrong turn and accidentally ended up dropping onto the trail that opens up onto Donna. I do remember seeing another split that may have gone down to the valley. Have not done twin peaks.

Here's a snippet of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O7QRJJGx8hE
Man, so envious when I see your videos. Last time I was in Tahoe I was hoping to see the truck haha. Anyways, good vid and truck!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #1433
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Someone got caught!

Looks like Jerry got busted for Doucheparking.
Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #1434
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04tacomarob View Post
Man, so envious when I see your videos. Last time I was in Tahoe I was hoping to see the truck haha. Anyways, good vid and truck!
Gimme a heads up next time.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #1435
04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Corrections
Name: Robert
04tacomarob's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good, I'll shoot you a PM here or on reno4x4. Hoping in the next few weeks to go up there.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #1436
HUH is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
HUH's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, well, I've had my Tacoma for a little while and other than a few small issues, I do enjoy the truck. I seem to have the whistle that seems to be either from the windshield or the grill, not sure which, but it is annoying for sure. Going to figure out where its coming from and see if the dealer will fix it.

I am driving up to Seattle to pick up my girlfriend who is moving down here with me (Bay Area, where I work). We are getting a 6x12 U-Haul trailer for her stuff. Is there anything I need to be aware of or do to the truck for this trip? I have the factory tow package and the truck is still all stock. I don't plan on going any faster than 55-60 or doing anything stupid while driving. I would hope that the truck is capable of handling this.

Lastly, providing everything works out on the trip down and I remain happy with the truck...anyone have thoughts on the factory superchargers? I had one on my Lexus/Land Cruiser and enjoyed it. The one thing I can say that I am disappointed about is the truck cannot get over Donner without downshifting. I know I'm comparing it to a my Lexus which had 5.29s and the supercharger, but the truck weighs less and should be able to handle it better. Do you think that by doing this it would allow the truck to be capable of that?

Guess that's enough of my ramblings for today.

Have a great day 8-)

Jon
Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #1437
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
There is a TSB for the whistling windshield and I believe there is a new one for the whistling grille on the new front ends. More TSB info can be found here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Old 06-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #1438
HUH is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
HUH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
There is a TSB for the whistling windshield and I believe there is a new one for the whistling grille on the new front ends. More TSB info can be found here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Awesome! Thanks Matt. I had read some of the whistling issues, but wanted to do my own checking to see which one it might be grill or window.

Jon
Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #1439
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Looks like Jerry got busted for Doucheparking.

LOL i take two parking spots all the time way in the back of course! dont want any pieces of shit parked next to me dinging my doors. if i get a ding it better be because it was earned and not given ya know what im sayin!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #1440

Quote:

Someone got caught!

whats the link?

Products Discussed in this Thread