Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Reno and surrounding areas: Official spotted, BS, and meets thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #1861
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
After reading the beginning of boxrocket's UCE3 trip. I really want to do something like that. I mapped out a little last night. Starting in Gerlach, and ending in Montello. Thats not border to border, and not ALL dirt, but very close. I picked Gerlach, because I have never been in the BlackRock and I though that would be cool. Go from there to Knott creek/Onion Reservoir, maybe stay the night in one of those places. From there we come out at the NDOT station just south of Denio. Small amount of pavement to what is called Sheep Camp Rd. That will take us up and over the Bilk Creek range into Kings River Valley, and out to Orvada(more pavement). Head north on 95 for a few miles onto a road I cannot remember the name, but it will take you over to Hinkey summit and out at Paradise valley. Maybe stay up there somewhere or down to Chimney Creek. From there I'm not sure of a route that crosses the Owyhee desert. I know the IL Ranch has a ton of that locked up. The map showed a road that goes from around Chimney Creek that looks to head south and come out between Getchel and Twin Creeks, but not sure what of that is locked up either. If we can get to Midas we can go through Tuscarora and then a small amount of pavement again on route 227 I think, over Chicken Creek summit toward Maggie Summit. This will spit out north of Wildhorse Res on Route 228. Another small amount of pavement to the Sunflower Flat road. From there over Merritt Mountain toward Jarbidge. Somewhere around Merrit we could stay the night, there are some pretty cool camp spots up there. From Jarbidge, I'm not sure of a route, but there has to be a way north of the Jarbidge Mountains to the O'niell basin road, so we dont have to go south almost all the way to I80 then back north. Then over by the winecup ranch and across 18 mile to Montello... I looked around the central part of the state. I couldnt find much, but I dont know that area very well either. Any interest in this? Try to do it in spring sometime depending on snowfall.
I'm familier with most of the route execpt for Owhyee. Super Solid route. Let me break out google earth when I get home tonight and maybe I can add some ideas. Also there is a really good campsite on the gold creek side of Merritt.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #1862
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like a good run and I'm very interested. After the 'Nevada Overland Run' crapped-out last year, I'd kind of forgotten about making a trek up there. Springtime would definitely be better for me as I need to do a few things to my new truck (like get rid of the rugged fails) before it's OR/expedition-ready so a few months would be perfect.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #1863
DEW will become famous soon enough

Name: Dew
DEW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
More Elko guys!
Whats bringing you up this way?
Mining industry is booming!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #1864
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW View Post
This is true.

So it looks like the soldier meadow road will take us to Knott creek. (this was probably already known, sorry i don't know that area). Maybe instead of going north over the Jarbidge mountains, we go around the south end. Bear creek and coon creek summits are very cool. I've been around draw creek and cow creek on the south east end. There's also wildcat guard station which id pretty cool. If we had time we could take that little detour enroute to the oneill basin road. Also the road just north of orvada I couldn't remember earlier is Indian creek canyon road. Definitely open to any and all recommendations.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #1865
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW View Post
...kinda

What do you do?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #1866
DEW will become famous soon enough

Name: Dew
DEW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
...kinda

What do you do?
13 years in management for UPS here in Reno. I used to be a geological tech for Newmont Gold (Twin Creeks) in Winnemucca.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #1867
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gotcha. Cool!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #1868
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD! Thanks for looking!

Howdy all. Picked up a fresh set of baloney skins for my truck yesterday so I've got the stockers for sale. Four BF Goodrich Rugged Trail tires in 275/65R18 with 1,042 miles on them. Asking price is $400 cash if you come to Lyon Cty to pick them up or I can bring them to Reno/Carson/Tahoe/Fallon for $450. These go for over $200 each new. If interested just drop me a PM. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #1869

Lyon county is a very large place, don't be afraid to admit you're from ferntucky.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #1870
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery

Please let this be a sign of an epic winter

Old 09-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #1871
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome Jason. Is that all you got up there or is it still coming down?
Old 09-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #1872
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
That was Genoa peak.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #1873

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Lyon county is a very large place, don't be afraid to admit you're from ferntucky.
I would if I was, but I'm not so I can't. Although half the population does live there, fortunately I'm not one of them.

And Jason, for your sake (and ours) I hope you get shittons of snow this year. I also hope every slimy flake of that white crap stays up there in the hills!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #1874

Oh lol could've sworn you were. Yerrington?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #1875
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
I'm home from the Gold Lake trip. Eric and Matt should be soon as well.
I posted up some pics, I'll put together a better post as soon as I swoop some pics from those guys.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...mp-meet-6.html
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #1876

Leave your space heater here I said.

You can get it next time you go to Elko I said.

It won't get cold enough to need it between now and then I said.

Fucking 38* here this morning they said.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #1877
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bahaha
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #1878
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
ROCKSLINGER's Tacoma Gallery
So I went ahead and took the plunge. Bought a brand new 2014 Tacoma Double Cab Magnetic Gray 6 speed manual Offroad with Entune and Nav. Its suppose to be here around October 7th maybe earlier. Still not sure if it was a good choice for me or not. Looks like Ill have some stuff for sale in the next week or so. Gonna have to order new bumpers and Sliders as well as many other things.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #1879
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ROCKSLINGER View Post
So I went ahead and took the plunge. Bought a brand new 2014 Tacoma Double Cab Magnetic Gray 6 speed manual Offroad with Entune and Nav. Its suppose to be here around October 7th maybe earlier. Still not sure if it was a good choice for me or not. Looks like Ill have some stuff for sale in the next week or so. Gonna have to order new bumpers and Sliders as well as many other things.
:jawdrop: Damn dude! Congrats on the new truck... swing by the shop when you get it!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #1880

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ROCKSLINGER View Post
congrats dude!!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread