Notices

I want to do some off roading.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do some off roading.

The problem is I live in Sterling and am originally from San Diego. I don't really know where to go but would like to go some place fun where I can take my truck that won't damage it. I would also like to go with some people who are familiar with the trails. If anyone has any runs coming up some weekend, and wouldn't mind me tagging along, please let me know. My truck is mainly stock. I have 5100's on it maxed out at 2.5" but stock tire size of 265/70-17. My Tacoma is a TRD Off Road package so it does have a rear locker.
Thanks all,
Jay
Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I want to go out too! My problem is that I am about like you. I'm from here but have done almost no wheeling. My truck is not as nice as yours, but I think I can get some stuff done. I noticed this is not a recent post, so let me know if you have had anybody help you out or if you found any good places and want company next time you go out.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I still haven't had any offers yet but may try some mild trails on my own soon. I have off roading experience but none out here. Back home in Southern California, I know where to go and what trails my truck can and cannot do. Out here, it will be crap shoot because I have never gone on any trails here.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Don't wheel solo......
Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
find random dirt roads on google maps, go explore
Old 05-30-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Don't wheel solo......
I agree. You have an offer now. We can try to meet up sometime to do something easy. I want to test my truck's legs and you want a taste of CO. Pm me or whatever if you want
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
I agree. You have an offer now. We can try to meet up sometime to do something easy. I want to test my truck's legs and you want a taste of CO. Pm me or whatever if you want
Very cool! Next weekend we have our local relay for life walk going on but after that, I should be free some weekend.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #8

Awesome pm me and we'll swap numbers when you're ready!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
find random dirt roads on google maps, go explore
You can always turn around if it looks too tough. Or try it and get pulled out if you get stuck (don't go alone).
Part of the fun is not knowing what lies ahead and what obstacles you'll have to overcome.
These Tacos can do a lot stock, and even more once lifted, retired & armored. Take it slow and learn what it can do.
I did this trail stock the first two times. Hunter Lake Trail 8/6/11 When I took the wife on it the second time she said we need a 3" lift & it was a lot more fun (less worry about damage with lift) the third time. Hunter Lake Trail 10/1/11
Go explore, have fun, take pics and post them.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
You can always turn around if it looks too tough. Or try it and get pulled out if you get stuck (don't go alone).
Part of the fun is not knowing what lies ahead and what obstacles you'll have to overcome.
These Tacos can do a lot stock, and even more once lifted, retired & armored. Take it slow and learn what it can do.
I did this trail stock the first two times. Hunter Lake Trail 8/6/11 When I took the wife on it the second time she said we need a 3" lift & it was a lot more fun (less worry about damage with lift) the third time. Hunter Lake Trail 10/1/11
Go explore, have fun, take pics and post them.
I used to go exploring all of the time when I lived in San Diego. That is how I learned all of the back roads, trails, off road spots and desert runs out there but I also learned there are places that are one way only with no place to turn around and once you get in, your screwed thus why I am also leary about going alone out here because I know absolutely none of the trails whatsoever. At least back home, I was familiar with where I was at but out here, I have lived in Sterling the entire time so I'm not even familiar with names of places or anything. It really is a total crap shoot for me. As far as experience goes though I am at least decent. I never did super extreme stuff that would damage my truck but I did take my old truck to it's maximum capabilities without ever damaging it. Hopefully in the next few weeks, we can explore some of the trails and have some fun though. I am really excited about checking out a ton of places here in Colorado as it is a very beautiful State. I just hope I don't run into any snakes or bigfoot.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
HoookerDub is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: David
HoookerDub's Tacoma Gallery
Hey JayDawg did you make a trip yet?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoookerDub View Post
Hey JayDawg did you make a trip yet?
X2 I want to go somewhere up north here, but many of the people on here are in the Denver area and it's hard to get them up here. Let's try to find a date to go up the poudre canyon on a mild trail. The aspen are changing and it's getting cooler. Perfect time for it!