Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

UTAH SATURDAY JULY 21ST MEET/TRAIL RUN

Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
UTAH SATURDAY JULY 21ST MEET/TRAIL RUN

Alright sounds like the date for the next run is going to be July 21st. Who's all down, where are we going, and when and where do we want to meet?

UPDATE: 1000 AM at Cabela's South parking lot

Date: Saturday July 21st
Time: 1000 AM
Place: Cabela's
Trail: 5-Mile and Bountiful after if time permits

Attendees:
1) DrunknSloth
2) Trowbocop
3) Manlaan
4) jdk52
5) zr2ee
6) RMAN808
7) JasoTaco
8) Sparky36
9) elykTacos
10) WW_FIREFIGHTER
11) Utard
12) TROKITA
RED: Maybes
Blue: Dropped

Of course all are welcome with any vehicles.

Suggestions also include Kennecott Mine which is what I'm leaning towards

Manlaan:
Some suggestions from the previous thread:
1. Inspiration Point (Difficulty 1/10)
2. Butterfield Canyon/Kennecott Overlook (maybe visitor center also) (Difficulty 1/10)
3. South Weber Fork (Difficulty: Looks about like a 3-4/10)

Previous Trips:
4. American Fork - Lots of different options (Difficulty: 1 to 6)
5. 5 Mile Pass (Difficulty: 3 to 8)
6. Francis Peak/Smith Creek Lakes (Difficulty: 3)

Longer trips
7. Transcontinental Railroad/SunTunnels/Spiral Jetty
8. Pony Express

9. Other?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
count me in
Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
zr2ee is on a distinguished road
Name: cory
zr2ee's Tacoma Gallery
just got my truck back WOOT!, i'm down for some trail riding. I'm out of american fork so not sure where everyone is thinking of going yet but i'm all for close to home
Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
So, I guess we have to decide where we want to go...

Some suggestions from the previous thread:
1. Inspiration Point (Difficulty 1/10)
2. Butterfield Canyon/Kennecott Overlook (maybe visitor center also) (Difficulty 1/10)
3. South Weber Fork (Difficulty: Looks about like a 3-4/10)

Previous Trips:
4. American Fork - Lots of different options (Difficulty: 1 to 6)
5. 5 Mile Pass (Difficulty: 3 to 8)
6. Francis Peak/Smith Creek Lakes (Difficulty: 3)

Longer trips
7. Transcontinental Railroad/SunTunnels/Spiral Jetty
8. Pony Express

9. Other?

I'm good for just about anything. I'm just happy to be out of the house.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
zr2ee is on a distinguished road
Name: cory
zr2ee's Tacoma Gallery
i'm down for 5 mile, butterfield canyon or american fork canyon since they are the closest to me. im not sure if i'd want to travel out further than that for a trail run.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Pony Express is just a dirt/desert road right? If so, then I could possibly be a "maybe" for that
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Pony Express is just a dirt/desert road right? If so, then I could possibly be a "maybe" for that
Pretty much. About 170 miles from one end to the other. It can be done in one day, but many prefer to do it in two days. Guess it just depends how much you want to stop. Theres things like the geode beds and the wildlife refuge, and of course the stations along the way. Can start from either Wendover side or at 5 mile pass.

Its something I would recommend everyone bring an extra can of gas, and make sure their spare is good though.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #9
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... I might actually hit up Discount soon so I can get a spare that matches the size of my current tires. I'll probably just run the same rim and tire as my wheels right now. Two days won't work for me though. I have to work the next morning at 0700 but if someone else wants to split early with me then I'll be down. I could split on my own but I rather have someone that can tow me if needed.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! That's great that this is more than a month away. Broke a lug nut while tightening my wheels down. Gives me time to get it fixed, or else I'm screwed if I get a flat
Old 06-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #12
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could make this
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
I'm good with anywhere that dosn't get harder than a 5 (scare of 1-10).
Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Weekend Warrior
Sparky36 has a spectacular aura aboutSparky36 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Donnie
Sparky36's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for wherever. Count me in
Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
"Its all ball bearings nowadays"
elykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kyle
elykTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Kennecott looks good to me. I have been looking for a reason to explore that pass and butterfield canyon. Im sure we can find some stuff to mess around on.

Count me in for whatever.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elykTacos View Post
Kennecott looks good to me. I have been looking for a reason to explore that pass and butterfield canyon. Im sure we can find some stuff to mess around on.

Count me in for whatever.
I got some take out and went up to Kennecott tonight. AWESOME view
Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
"Its all ball bearings nowadays"
elykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kyle
elykTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
I got some take out and went up to Kennecott tonight. AWESOME view

Nice!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
Archeryyota is on a distinguished road
Archeryyota's Tacoma Gallery
kennecott is cool but pretty easy like a 1 but not much too mess around like the backside of american fork.