Salt Lake Area Move

Old 09-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #21
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROKITA View Post
Heres my view and where i think would be a great place too live. Eagle mountain is far from everything and its a dessert... yes your close to one of the most famous trail's for off roading called rattlesnake trail. Now i live in the valley(for the ppl living from draper to SLC they know it as Happy valley). I live in Orem, ut, the valley start's from Alpine city and down all the way to Santaquin, ut maybe more. but to tell you the truth its really calm and different in this area of utah, when you pass the point of the mountain, highland to draper you can feel the differents in everything, i dont know if its just me because i have lived here in orem sense i was 4yrs old. But no matter where you pick in the valley, its going to be perfect to raise a family. and for hiking and all that fun stuff. there American fork canyon that has everything, off roading hiking, camping, and chilling, you also have the provo canyon witch takes you two park city, its a little farther to park city but the drive is fantastic, takes like an hour so 20 to 30 mins more then the city area. But thats for sure it a little closer to the road that takes you straight to Moab, its the only road unless you want to drive 3 hour's more..... Another thing that is a big different's of city valley and the utah valley. is that the city valley the traffic is hell from draper to SLC and the valley is way better at traffic from highland to st.gorge. just thought you might want to hear from a happy valley area person because looks to me that everybody here lives around the city area.
Ya. I definitely don't feel the need to live "in the city", but that's what appeals to me about SLC. It's similar to where I live now. Seems like you can be 30 to 45 minutes away and have some sort of rural feel in one way or another. It's funny. My wife was looking at photos of SLC, and said "this could be Anchorage's twin". The cities landscape and skylines look that similar. Difference is you're winters are not near as harsh, and that's the Main motive for the move.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #22
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Salt Lake Area Move-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348042637.327537.jpg Salt Lake
Salt Lake Area Move-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348042660.315467.jpg Anchorage

It's funny how similar they are. Anchorage is just greener, but only 3-4 damn months of the year. Lol