1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UTAH - Mary Ellen Gulch and Pole Line Pass, August 18th

Discussion in 'South West' started by Kevin B., Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jul 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM
    Kevin B.

Kevin B. [OP] 4Runner hooligan

Member:
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    Gray Bastard
    1985 4Runner, 22RE/W56, 4.7 transfer case, OME lift, 5.29 diffs w/Spartan rear locker, 255/85 KM2s on 16 inch alloys
    Manlaan saw a trip report we posted on RME4x4.com, and suggested some of you might want to get in on the next run, so here I am.

August 18th, a couple of us 4Runner nerds are going to head up American Fork Canyon and drive Mary Ellen Gulch, check out the mining ruins and eat lunch on top, then exit via Pole Line Pass to Midway and up to the Gateway Grill in Kamas for burgers if time allows. We're meeting at the Chevron in Highland at 8am and will caravan up the canyon from there.

I haven't been on this particular trail yet, but I've been on others in the canyon, and I don't expect this to be any more difficult than Forest Lake or the hairier sections of Rattlesnake. Four wheel drive and 31s should get you through, but this is a trail, not a road, and the possibility of body damage exists. Sliders and skids will be helpful, if you don't have yours on yet we'll just take a little more time spotting you. ;)

We are a family friendly crew. We bring our wives and kids, we don't drink on the trail, we Tread Lightly, and we enjoy the outdoors and the company of friends. Anyone respectful is welcome to join us for a day on the trails.

I'll try and watch this thread, but please post up here on RME4x4 if you're coming so we get everybody on the same page. See you on the mountain!

2. Jul 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    zr2ee

zr2ee Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cory
    american fork, UT
    Vehicle:
    silver 06 double cab longbed
    Turbocharged 8 P.S.I. Icon resi coilovers at 3" Icon resi rear shocks Icon upper control arms Android nav headunit 8000k xenon headlamps Black XD spy wheels 33" cooper MT's
    sounds pretty awesome, i'll have to see if i can get some time off work for this

3. Jul 27, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Just so y'all know, I'm planning to head up with these guys on this trail. I've never run this trail myself, but back when I was researching it, it looked to be about as hard as Forest Lake, so sliders are helpful, but not required if careful (and of course, just like every trail, I, and probably many others, will be more than happy to spot you through questionable spots).

Their main forum is if you wanted to keep an eye out for other runs/plans.

4. Aug 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    I might be down.

5. Aug 2, 2012 at 5:30 AM
    Kevin B.

Member:
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    Gray Bastard
    1985 4Runner, 22RE/W56, 4.7 transfer case, OME lift, 5.29 diffs w/Spartan rear locker, 255/85 KM2s on 16 inch alloys
    It would definitely be cool to meet some of you fellas.

There's just one problem. There might be a ... well ... I don't know an easy way to say this, so I'll just say it. There's going to be at least one guy with a Jeep coming along. So, you know, bring some hand sanitizer, make sure you're up on your shots, that sort of thing. I don't think he's contagious, but you never know.

:D

6. Aug 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    :rofl:

7. Aug 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    zr2ee

zr2ee Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cory
    american fork, UT
    Vehicle:
    silver 06 double cab longbed
    Turbocharged 8 P.S.I. Icon resi coilovers at 3" Icon resi rear shocks Icon upper control arms Android nav headunit 8000k xenon headlamps Black XD spy wheels 33" cooper MT's
    count me in, time off scheduled

8. Aug 5, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    No worries. No one here is really elitist. Jeep, Nissan, Isuzu, and even 4 Runners are ok in my book. ;)

9. Aug 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM
    Kevin B.

Member:
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    Gray Bastard
  10. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    Kevin B.

Member:
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    Gray Bastard
    Bump! Meeting 0800 tomorrow at the Chevron, we plan on rolling by 0830. Text me 80one 89one 7467 if you're running late. Don't forget to bring a lunch and $6 for the park entrance fee.

11. Aug 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    Kevin B.

Member:
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    Gray Bastard

Products Discussed in

To Top