Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

UTAH - Mary Ellen Gulch and Pole Line Pass, August 18th

Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
4Runner hooligan
Kevin B. is on a distinguished road

Kevin B.'s Tacoma Gallery
UTAH - Mary Ellen Gulch and Pole Line Pass, August 18th

Manlaan saw a trip report we posted on RME4x4.com, and suggested some of you might want to get in on the next run, so here I am.

August 18th, a couple of us 4Runner nerds are going to head up American Fork Canyon and drive Mary Ellen Gulch, check out the mining ruins and eat lunch on top, then exit via Pole Line Pass to Midway and up to the Gateway Grill in Kamas for burgers if time allows. We're meeting at the Chevron in Highland at 8am and will caravan up the canyon from there.

I haven't been on this particular trail yet, but I've been on others in the canyon, and I don't expect this to be any more difficult than Forest Lake or the hairier sections of Rattlesnake. Four wheel drive and 31s should get you through, but this is a trail, not a road, and the possibility of body damage exists. Sliders and skids will be helpful, if you don't have yours on yet we'll just take a little more time spotting you.

We are a family friendly crew. We bring our wives and kids, we don't drink on the trail, we Tread Lightly, and we enjoy the outdoors and the company of friends. Anyone respectful is welcome to join us for a day on the trails.

I'll try and watch this thread, but please post up here on RME4x4 if you're coming so we get everybody on the same page. See you on the mountain!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
zr2ee is on a distinguished road
Name: cory
zr2ee's Tacoma Gallery
sounds pretty awesome, i'll have to see if i can get some time off work for this
Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Just so y'all know, I'm planning to head up with these guys on this trail. I've never run this trail myself, but back when I was researching it, it looked to be about as hard as Forest Lake, so sliders are helpful, but not required if careful (and of course, just like every trail, I, and probably many others, will be more than happy to spot you through questionable spots).

Their main forum is http://www.toyota-4runner.org/groups...4r+owners.html if you wanted to keep an eye out for other runs/plans.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #5
4Runner hooligan

It would definitely be cool to meet some of you fellas.

There's just one problem. There might be a ... well ... I don't know an easy way to say this, so I'll just say it. There's going to be at least one guy with a Jeep coming along. So, you know, bring some hand sanitizer, make sure you're up on your shots, that sort of thing. I don't think he's contagious, but you never know.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post

There's just one problem. There might be a ... well ... I don't know an easy way to say this, so I'll just say it. There's going to be at least one guy with a Jeep coming along. So, you know, bring some hand sanitizer, make sure you're up on your shots, that sort of thing. I don't think he's contagious, but you never know.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
zr2ee is on a distinguished road
Name: cory
zr2ee's Tacoma Gallery
count me in, time off scheduled
Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post

No worries. No one here is really elitist. Jeep, Nissan, Isuzu, and even 4 Runners are ok in my book.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
4Runner hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr2ee View Post
count me in, time off scheduled
Excellent! Trip planning is here - http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php...Gulch-Aug-18th - so post up there when you get a chance and stay tuned for any developments.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
4Runner hooligan

Bump! Meeting 0800 tomorrow at the Chevron, we plan on rolling by 0830. Text me 80one 89one 7467 if you're running late. Don't forget to bring a lunch and $6 for the park entrance fee.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
4Runner hooligan

Trip report here: http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php...len-Gulch-8-18 Pics will be dribbling in over the next few days, I'm sure, but it was a good run. Thanks to the 3 Tacomaworld guys that showed, you made it fun!