Notices

Las Vegas Help!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
10TRDOFFROAD is on a distinguished road
Army: Air Assault Inf. 3Bn 187 INF 82-86
Name: Jamf
10TRDOFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Las Vegas Help!

Hey Peeps, up for my first brake job...any suggestions on a good shop? the steelership is out!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
Do em yourself. They arent that hard to do.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ad-change.html
Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
10TRDOFFROAD is on a distinguished road
Army: Air Assault Inf. 3Bn 187 INF 82-86
Name: Jamf
10TRDOFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I could do that. But they need to be turned and I cant do that.....;[
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I can tell you one to avoid at all costs. I can't remember if it was a Brake Team or Brake Masters shop (one of the chain outfits), but it was over on east Flamingo. A few years ago, I was in a laundromat that shared a parking lot with it one day washing stuff that was too big to do at home. While I was waiting I stepped outside for a smoke.

As I stood there, one of the knuckleheads came rolling out of the shop to test drive a car he'd just finished working on. Just as he was going by me the driver's side rear wheel came off the car and took off across the lot before hitting a parked van. The drum slammed into the pavement and left a nice gouge until he got it stopped. One of the other idiots came running out with a floor jack so they could hurry up and put it back together before anyone else noticed. Nice job with the lug nuts. I'd say it's a safe bet they never mentioned anything to the car's owner either.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TRDOFFROAD View Post
I could do that. But they need to be turned and I cant do that.....;[
Some auto parts stores (Oriely Auto, Pepboys) will turn the rotors for $10-$20, sometimes free. A decent pair of brake pads run you $60-$80. A total of $100 to do it yourself in 2 hours OR $200-$300 for some shop to get it done for you by the end of the day. If they have time. Thats jut my .02 and another option you have.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Do them yourself. Take the rotors to autozone to get turned. Most brake places will rip u off.