Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

(UTAH) October through the end of 2012 meet

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
(UTAH) October through the end of 2012 meet

So starting a new thread if something comes up, or if anybody want to go do something before winter comes, last month turned out to be a good meet and it was fun.

So i was wondering if anybody was down to go out and do a trail anywhere, maybe not as hard as mineral basin, but a easier trail or even go out to a ghost town or abandon mines, sense there's a lot of history here in Utah, i want to go visit these cool places. Camping might be good but its getting really cold and last weekend for the NPLD i stayed up in AF canyon and it was freezing.

We could also just get a MOD day going, sense that's been jumping around the threads.

P.S i don't know much trails around here so feel free to post suggestions
(UTAH) October through the end of 2012 meet-250px-usa_arches_np_delicate_arch-1-.jpg
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
I'm always down to do 5-Mile. There was some talk about doing a trail behind Kennecott which sounds like there would be some awesome photo opportunities up there. The Bountiful trail was pretty mellow.

I don't know if I'll make it to this meet depending on how much school work I have and I might wait for my new bumper to be built.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
ya let's plan something at a good and acceptable day so that everybody can come would want you guys and new people to come to a meet
Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #6

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Haha ok so I might be going up to AF or 5 mile this weekend. I was in another forum and it looks like there's a new guy in Utah that wants to hit some dirt. So I told him that I would go if I can find someone to cover my shift for Saturday. Might meet around 10ish AM if anybody is interested. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
"Its all ball bearings nowadays"
elykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kyle
elykTacos's Tacoma Gallery
The butterfield canyon (above Kennecott) is something I still want to do. Its basically a dirt road as I understand it but the fall colors are in full force. Might be a good B.S. meet and everyone can make it without any damage for the winter
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
butterfield (fly) canyon behind kenncot is a fun VERY easy drive. The view is worth it though, and so are the free range cows.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
We've done a couple rough trails, so I do think we need to do a mild one or two. Kennecot would be perfect I think.

Halloween is at the end of the month, so lets not do the weekend before that. 6th is a bit short notice.

That pretty much leaves the 20th or the 13th. Either would be good for me, but I think the 20th would leave more opportunity for people to plan for it.

Inspiration point would be another pretty mild trail, although a bit further up north, and it is a bit longer of a drive.

I think either would be very good choices for some light scenic offroad (they are both dirt, although well graded), and both through canyons (should be great with the turned leaves).
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
RedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
RedDragonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Woo hoo trail run!! Ill do what i can to make it, whatever day it ends up being.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #11

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good then lets plan for something on the 20th of Oct. then whos down imma start making a list of peeps on the first post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
RedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
RedDragonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If its the 20th then I will be in Seattle. Damn that always happens. Well I'll keep an eye out for changes and upcoming meets.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #13

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonTaco View Post
If its the 20th then I will be in Seattle. Damn that always happens. Well I'll keep an eye out for changes and upcoming meets.
darn ight :/
Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
You know, if you're in town one weekend and want to do something, all you really have to do is post "I want to do something like xxxxx on yyyyy day", and I'm sure if people are available, they'll be happy to tag along and show you stuff. I know I would be, but I might need a little notice, depending if work has something planned or not. I'm almost always willing to go out and either show someone a trail they haven't done, or go explore a new place, as long as work cooperates.

And dont worry too much about doing easy or hard stuff. I'll definitely give you a fair assessment on difficulty, if I know. No judgement or anything else, as I'm as good doing a paved canyon road just as much as doing 6 difficulty trails. (I'm not really interested in much above 7 rating. Too much risk of damage).
Old 10-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #16
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
damn..the 20th huh...
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
"Its all ball bearings nowadays"
elykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of lightelykTacos is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kyle
elykTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Of course... I think I will be in Colorado on th 20th for my brothers birthday. The 13th is better for me.

If we have a pile of guys for the 13th and pile for the 20th there is no reason at all why we can have 2 meets in a row Just sayin. ha ha

Im good for a Sunday run too.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #18

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
If anybody wants I'm heading up to AF canyon again this weekend again... I'm going with a new guy in Utah and an other guy that I don't know. And whoever else that wants to join. Don't worry if you guys can't make it on the 20th we still got till it starts snowing.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROKITA View Post
...we still got till it starts snowing.
What? I'm still gonna try and wheel after it starts snowing

Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #20

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
What? I'm still gonna try and wheel after it starts snowing

haha imma be hitting the parking lots my truck slides wonderful when im in 2x4 and locked in the rear

Products Discussed in this Thread