Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

ELY NV ????

Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
ELY NV ????

So I may be moving to Ely NV begining of 2013, if the world doesnt end in December . I may be taking a job as a CO. Anything fun to do out of or around Ely?? places to go snowboarding? Anybody close by?

thanks fellas

a pic of the truck on that boring 50
Attached Thumbnails
ELY NV ????-desert.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of

1raptor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
So I may be moving to Ely NV begining of 2013, if the world doesnt end in December . I may be taking a job as a CO. Anything fun to do out of or around Ely?? places to go snowboarding? Anybody close by?

thanks fellas

have fun with that not much in ELY at all but Vegas is close. I would think the closest snowboarding would be Utah.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
think there's some good places to wheel out there I know they have some races near Caliente, haven't ventured there yet but passed by . From what I know its not far from Utah, plenty of boarding there
Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
You got the Ruby mtns, some great snow there. Buy a mtn bike, a bottle opener and a cooler for your beer cause not much else to do......BUT 4 WHEEL!!!
I used to live in Austin on hwy 50 for 2 years when I was alot younger. GREAT 4 wheeling out there. get up into the Toyabe's and see whats out there. Saw the biggest black tail deer ever, thought it was an Elk.
If you like the outdoors you'll like it there.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

thanks fellas

My brother is a CO in Ely, I usually visit him a couple times a year, I can tell you a fair amount about it. There are a lot of Tacoma's there, but I don't think any of them are TW'ers.

Rob pretty much summed it up. Great mountain biking, great 4 wheeling, great hunting(I think). You can pretty much hop on a 4 wheeler from your back yard and have endless riding.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
well that doesnt sound too bad at all! I love the outdoors! fishing, offroading, and exploring! i wont be visiting vegas much, i have a 2 year old and its really not my thing. rather kick my feet up with a cooler full of beer. haha.

brett, how long has your bro been a CO for? does he like it?

Rardigo, my fiance and i were joking that the population in austin is 10 people. man that town is tiny
Old 10-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I like Ely.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
it may take some time to get use to. but im sure we will be fine. Im sure its a better place than South Sacramento to raise my son. And i can teach him to shoot a gun at the age of 3! lol jk

one thing i wont miss is the stupid drivers in cali
Old 10-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well that doesnt sound too bad at all! I love the outdoors! fishing, offroading, and exploring! i wont be visiting vegas much, i have a 2 year old and its really not my thing. rather kick my feet up with a cooler full of beer. haha.

brett, how long has your bro been a CO for? does he like it?

Rardigo, my fiance and i were joking that the population in austin is 10 people. man that town is tiny
Yeah I worked for the Forest Service then, back in 86-88. I was 16 when I started but it was great. There were like 530 there then, havent been back since though. It fun out there if your into that kind of stuff.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
right on bro! Im excited, nervous, anxious, all of the above..haha
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
how was life groing up there? gangs? drugs? theft?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty small town mentality, you're WAY off the beaten path so you won't have a lot of those issues.

Just remember Ely is a Northern Nevadan small mining town so, FUNLV and F Reid, and leave Cali in the rear view mirror my friend.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
haha, yes sir! thanks for the info man, i appreciate it. Its gonna be a new chapter in my life thats for sure
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Come on by 775 tacomas there's a bunch of us locals there!
As some others said buy a mountain bike killer trails in ely and some kickass hunting to
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
awesome! I think im going to really enjoy it out there!! hope to meet some of you guys as well